My Letter to Wildblue and Response

conlollc

To Gotsky(Wildblue provider):

Approximately two to three months ago, I noticed a severe slow down of my service from 5-6 pm (central) to 1 am (central).  Your tech support (after making me jump

thru numerous hoops) was no help at all and finally I asked for a higher level support and spoke with Rich who assured me he would try to fix the problem.  The problem

still exists.  I have since found out thru numerous blogs that this is a nationwide problem with Wildblue.  Wildblue has oversold their product beyond its capacity and I

should have been told this by your tech support.  It's obvious I have been lied to about the problem by your tech support and Rich.  That is unacceptable!!

Today, I signed up with a local EVDO provider and will test them for awhile.  After setting up this new provider, I received an immediate increase in my access speeds

of almost double the Wildblue service.

Suspend my account for 30 days.  If this new provider keeps giving me the consistent and fast access, I will probably cancel my service with you.

If you people had told the truth up front, I would have been more patient and willing to stay with you.  I don't like being lied to!!

Response:

I would like to share with you WildBlue does close beams to new activations before they reach capacity and to my knowledge have not ever allowed over selling. 

To better facilitate your wishes, please let us know of your intentions within 30 days.  While your connectivity is suspended your account will be billed our suspend rate of $10.00.  If you choose to disconnect your WildBlue account, the last month of service is not prorated.  Please accept my apology for your frustrations.

I don't like being lied to!!

Response:

I would like to share with you WildBlue does close beams to new activations before they reach capacity and to my knowledge have not ever allowed over selling.  

But is 'capacity' at 1pm, or at 8pm?  

1pm.   [nerdly]

Approximately two to three months ago, I noticed a severe slow down of my service from 5-6 pm (central) to 1 am (central).  Your tech support (after making me jump

thru numerous hoops) was no help at all and finally I asked for a higher level support and spoke with Rich who assured me he would try to fix the problem.  The problem

still exists.  I have since found out thru numerous blogs that this is a nationwide problem with Wildblue.  Wildblue has oversold their product beyond its capacity and I

should have been told this by your tech support.  It's obvious I have been lied to about the problem by your tech support and Rich.  That is unacceptable!!

Today, I signed up with a local EVDO provider and will test them for awhile.  After setting up this new provider, I received an immediate increase in my access speeds

of almost double the Wildblue service.

Suspend my account for 30 days.  If this new provider keeps giving me the consistent and fast access, I will probably cancel my service with you.

If you people had told the truth up front, I would have been more patient and willing to stay with you.  I don't like being lied to!!

Response:

To better facilitate your wishes, please let us know of your intentions within 30 days.  While your connectivity is suspended your account will be billed our suspend rate of $10.00.  If you choose to disconnect your WildBlue account, the last month of service is not prorated.  Please accept my apology for your frustrations.

You will love EVDO, I have. I left hughes with the same problems. Like a good woman you will not look back.  :wink: And welcome to the forum.  :grin2:

But is 'capacity' at 1pm, or at 8pm? 

1pm.  [nerdly]

:haha: :haha:

:? :?Conlollc  just question....... With whom did you sign with???? and what device are you using???  Last but not least from what part of the country do you call home?? I am in Middle Tn..  I am in the process of changing service to AT&T using the recommendations of Tommy G.  Good luck, WildBlue is a poor service for $70.00 a month. I have been paying that till this contact is over 57days.  If I had to rate their service its like I pay for 1 meg, I am NEVER close to my FAP and I average 500kbps day, 250kbps evenings....... :uglystupid2: :uglystupid2:

I've been having slowdowns with Wildblue the past few weeks too.  Down has been in the 100s Kbps in the evenings until midnight or so.  Until this happened, I had no slowdown at all in the evenings.  "Perfect" service for over 3 years.

They put up brand new cell towers around here, so I was hopeful.  One is US Cellular, and about 12 miles away.  The other is Viaero, and about 7 miles away.  BOTH are limited to 1xRtt speeds!!  Viaero has a plan that is $30 per month, unlimited, but their service doesn't work well either.  I tested their service in a few houses, much closer (as in as close as about 4 blocks away from one of their towers in town).  Pages loading partially, dropped connections, youtube videos not loading/taking forever, ridiculous.  Had someone bring a modem out here, no service without an external antenna.  They have a nice Ericsson w35 modem, if the service would work, it would be decent.  Town was going to upgrade to fiber optic phone lines out here (15 miles), so hoping for $50 dsl sometime in the future, but who knows when.  Guess I'm stuck....