Help With Mac????

rjventre

I am going to purchase my first Mac this week and I have a question. I am looking at the 21.5 inch iMac with a 3.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 8 GB of RAM. I have used PC's all my life and I currently have a laptop running Windows Vista with a 2.0 GHz Intel core 2 Duo processor plus my ancient desktop which I am replacing (it is using a Pentium 4 processor). So My question is: Will an Intel Core 2 Duo processor run faster, slower, or the same in a Mac as it does with the Windows OS?

I am going to purchase my first Mac this week and I have a question. I am looking at the 21.5 inch iMac with a 3.33 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor and 8 GB of RAM. I have used PC's all my life and I currently have a laptop running Windows Vista with a 2.0 GHz Intel core 2 Duo processor plus my ancient desktop which I am replacing (it is using a Pentium 4 processor). So My question is: Will an Intel Core 2 Duo processor run faster, slower, or the same in a Mac as it does with the Windows OS?

I use both mac and pc, have for a while. Work on both regular .  So I'm not really biased other then my personal experience with both.

As my experience goes, as a rule the mac will in the long term give you less problems, I say this for really no more then two reasons.  The first of which is there is no registry in OSX, which as we all know is windows weakest link. OSX grows downward in data vs. the outward (some call it bloat ) of the registry. The data in OSX is added to the end of the code, instead of inserted within and throughout the system in windows. So this keeps things in a little more order.

The latest machine I put together running XP consists of an intel DG41RQ and the E7400 proc 4Gb ddr2.

This thing screams.

The mac I use, and have used for almost two years now is a macbook pro 2.4 core two duo w/ 4Gb ddr2.

Both are consistently about the same speeds, and relatively no issues.

I have all the same standard software on both from office 07 , to PS CS3/4 ect, but the mac has an advantage over the pc slightly in processing power, I think this is due to again, the registry.

You'll love your mac.

I also use both, and can say from personal experience, a Mac will outperform a similarly equipped PC. Is it from the registry? Unix system? Better designed hardware? Who knows. All I know is it works, and that's proof enough for me. I've been using the same Mac PowerPC since 2002. I've never had a problem with it, and it's never, ever, not once crashed on me. Also it can keep up with any of my friends' newer PC's. Did I mention I've never used any kind of antivirus software? It's built tough, and designed to simply stay running. It doesn't slow down over time like PC's do either. You're gonna pay more for the Mac, but since it will last you five times longer than a PC, I guess it's more economical in the long run. It's a little different from using a PC, so just hang in there, and after a few months using it will be easier than using (or fighting) your PC ever was. After that, you may never buy another PC again.

I have been using Mac myself for about 6 months now.  Still use Windows on a regular basis but I like the Mac.  Some things are easier because alot of what you do in windows is built into Mac.  Initially things will be difficult but stick it out and you like the Mac.

Myself I do not differentiate between Mac and PC.  PC is "Personnal Computer", which Mac and Windows both are.