Property Wireless Signal Please help!

GIXXERGUY6

PLEASE DON'T HIT ME :(

I got in touch with a buddy on yahoo and he looked at it and we came to the conclusion that I needed to release and renew on the laptop :(

NOOB OVERSIGHT

mudmanc4 i want to thank you for being patient and taking the time to sit and help me figure this out.

The help was greatly appreciated.

Ron

Fantastic, now go get a brew :)

I did and it was great. I hope yours was just as good.

I placed the hub(which I found an old wireless router D-link DI-514) that I am using as a hub also with the wireless enabled for chits and giggles :D.

my question to you is as follows:

What is the best remote administration software to get for the desktop and the laptop I have? Just so I don't have to go to different places to get things and do things with the other computers?

Always on, starts with windows and ready to go no 2nd party authorization required.

That depends on if you want to pay, or if you want it for free.

Free would be logmein, it's a great way , one of , if not the best desktop viewing clients out there. Awesome.

Another would be Team Viewer , another free one, but I don't believe that it's as secure, maybe it is.

edit~~~~~~~~~~ actually, I read what you wanted again, and these are not it, you should set up a VPN.

Yes, just chill, and make it happen. It is really easy if you follow the directions, it can get messed up fast if you dont, ask me, I'll tell ya all about messed up lol

And which one is that? Lol

RealVNC is easy. In fact, setup the Server on the PC you want to watch, and the Viewer on the PC you will watch from. Then, on the PC you want to watch, do a Windows Key+R CMD "ipconfig" and use the IP to log in to that comp from the other one.

Thanks,

Nanobot

And which one is that? Lol

RealVNC is easy. In fact, setup the Server on the PC you want to watch, and the Viewer on the PC you will watch from. Then, on the PC you want to watch, do a Windows Key+R CMD "ipconfig" and use the IP to log in to that comp from the other one.

Thanks,

Nanobot

WHOA big fella.. calm down :D

windows key + R made me turn my canooter valve to maximum :D

on second thought I think I'm going with Radmin it claims to be the fastest smoothest on the market. I'll try it first

WHOA big fella.. calm down :D

windows key + R made me turn my canooter valve to maximum :D

on second thought I think I'm going with Radmin it claims to be the fastest smoothest on the market. I'll try it first

Instead of Windows Key + R, goto Start-->Run

Then do the rest.

Either way, that is how you can make it work. You MUST know the IP of the PC you want to connect to.

heheheheh , nanobot knows what he's talkin about.

You have to explain yourself nano punk,  he's asking us :) 

Heh.

Thanks,

Nanobot

• 3 months later...

Ok I have 6 acres. 1 house, a 60x60 concrete shop/hangout above where currently the router and modem are at. The house as nothing for net right now, but has a laptop in it. I need to get signal to the house that is 120 ft away

20878zn.png

I have a wrt54gs v1 or v2 with DD-WRT firmware on it(I love it, the firmware).

I have a computer upstairs and a computer downstairs in the shop( wired ). I need to know the best way to get strong signal to the house from upstairs above the shop. I currently have the WRT54gs with external antennae and stand c61dface1a7732e054dde3513fa06228.jpg with the http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/L48-2328.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp%3FEdpNo%3D1533866%26CatId%3D374&usg=__HnqRMFcUUHC5KDVvdK4Btr-3J9k=&h=300&w=300&sz=23&hl=en&start=4&um=1&tbnid=Ew4ip3feCDNPRM:&tbnh=116&tbnw=116&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dlinksys%2Bantennae%26hl%3Den%26um%3D1

I can get signal from the shop to the house but it drops now and then and is slow 11mb :(.

There is a netgear wireless n router WRN2000 over in the house but no modem... I can't get the router to act as a wireless access point to catch signal and send it back out.. But the DD-WRT firmware on my WRT54gs can, and does but it's only 17-18% strength from the house to the shop with the above listed eqiupment. So...................

Options

1. Better wireless N router?

2. Better antennae for the G router

3. Powerline Ethernet(how is signal degradation?)

Ethernet is out of the question as it would be over 400ft of cat5e or cat6.

Lets here what you guys use or have or know of that will work.

I would like to stick with Linksys if possible, but seeing those prices of 249 for the professional grade router is kinda out of the question.

Thanks guys.

With in the limitations you've got you may want to look at setting up a Point-To-Point link using 2 directional antennas. Here google is your friend as there any number of folks tinkering around with 802.11 class WiFi stretching signal ranges well beyond the RFC standards. That your up high can help, think about clear line of sight and pin-point accuracy in aiming the antennas at each other.

The only other wireless option would be to look into using wireless broadband hardware outside of the 802.11 WiFi Class of equipment.

Then there is the option of fiber, but there is the cost.

• 1 month later...

With in the limitations you've got you may want to look at setting up a Point-To-Point link using 2 directional antennas. Here google is your friend as there any number of folks tinkering around with 802.11 class WiFi stretching signal ranges well beyond the RFC standards. That your up high can help, think about clear line of sight and pin-point accuracy in aiming the antennas at each other.

The only other wireless option would be to look into using wireless broadband hardware outside of the 802.11 WiFi Class of equipment.

Then there is the option of fiber, but there is the cost.

yep..thats the way to do it

I use these products and they work well.

EnGenius EOC2610