Horrible Internet Speeds

Hello.

I am suppose to be getting 15mb down and 700kbs up and Iam getting 3 - 7mbs. Not only that I lag really bad in every game Iplay, which I meet the system requirements for by the way, and alsostreaming videos such as those on YouTube are also laggy.

I am going to give you all the information this sticky requests.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/make-it-faster/%28sticky%29-stop!-before-you-post-your-problems-read-this!/

1.Operatingsystem is Windows XP Home Edition SP2 with all updates and that patchit recommends to download. I rebooted my pc afterwords before runningthese tests.

2. My ISP is Time Warner Cable - Road Runner High Speed Internet Turbo - Advertised speed of up to 15mb Down and 700kbs Up.

3.No tweaking programs. Here are the link to the test results it requests.

[tt]http://www.dslreports.com/tweakr/block:17f2830?service=cable&speed=15000&os=winXP&via=normal

No Ip address included so I just posted the link to save space.

4.Test Results.

-Your Site Test-

::::::::::.. Download Stats ..::::::::::

Download Connection is:: 1362 Kbps about 1.4 Mbps (tested with 51195 kB)

Download Speed is:: 166 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2009/12/20 - 8:33pm

Bottom Line:: 24X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 6.17 sec

Tested from a 51195 kB file and took 307.99 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: May need help : running at only 23.76 % of your hosts average (rr.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-SC1QHO9NY

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.6) Gecko/20091201 Firefox/3.5.6

-Nitro Site Test-

** Starting test 1 of 1 **

Connected to: nitro.ucsc.edu  --  Using IPv4 address

Another client is currently being served, your test will begin within 45 seconds

Checking for Middleboxes . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

checking for firewalls . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .  Done

running 10s outbound test (client-to-server [C2S]) . . . . . 724.0kB/s

running 10s inbound test (server-to-client [s2C]) . . . . . . 905.91kB/s

Your PC is connected to a Cable/DSL modem

Information: Other network traffic is congesting the link

-Tracert and Ping Program-

Link to program states "Error, you can not access this page"

5. All protocols that are not being used have already been uninstalled.

6.Nothing in IE LAN settings is checked.

7.Modem is already upgraded to latest firmware and is directly attached to my computer via cable and nic card.

8.I regularly power cycle my modem and this does not seem to do anything at all.

9.Spy Bot and AdAware already installed and updated, scans run every day before I go to bed.

10.I turned off Windows Firewall and Zone Alarm to run these tests. Speed stays the same.

11.I have Zone Alarm and it is fully updated.

12.I have AVG and scan every night before bed. Full updated.

13.All latest windows updates have been installed.

14.I know how to use and run CCleaner. Already have and run every night before bed.

15.InstalledCableNut and Version 9. Read readme and was going to useCABLE_FAST_2K.CCS but Version 9 has other files so I am not sure whichone to use.

16. I did not make my own tweak file nor do I want to.

I have additional tests stored in a wordpad on my desktop if that information is needed.

Thishas been a problem for so long. I have called Time Warner Cable andthey have sent out a Tech dude many times, problem still persists so Iam asking for help desperately. Time Warner Cable is like Big Brotherin my area, they are the only ISP providers so I can not simply switchto a new ISP. All other computers also have this problem.

Thank you for any and all help and reading this giant wall of text.  [/tt]