air vs water

What would be the best bang for the buck air or liquid cooling? Will i see a huge differance in liquid cooling comapred to air? I can already safely clock my cpu to 3.7 and stay stable. Seems like alot can go wrong down the line with liquid cooling but i could be wrong need someone with more experience.

I am looking for a better way to cool my cpu down. Here is my specs.

Does AM2 and AM2+ heatsinks fit all AM3 motherboards?

Will I have to completely take apart my pc to put a new back plate on or will the one on the back now work fro mostly anything?

I have only used the clip on ones that were after market for amd ibeleive it was the artic cool freezer 64 pro but not in my machine and never tested temps.

Also whats better for thermal compound Artic silver 5 or OCZ freeze.

Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Phenom 2 965 140watt

2 XFX Radeon HD 5750 1 Gig in crossfire

Patriot sector 5 DDR3 1600Mhz 4 Gig

2 Seagate Barracuda  1Tb - 2TB raid 0

Raidmax hybrid RX-630SS

XCLIO A380BK

Jdle temperature is not the one you should be worry about. What is your temperature at 100% usage, that the one that matters. Run Prime95 for a couple hours and see what your max cpu temperature is.

http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/ Goto step 3 and pick the verison that works with your OS.

Water vs air. Air is still your best bang for your bucks. Just make sure it fit in your case and your case has good air flow. A good water setup will cost you at least 200.00 to 300.00 for all the parts. I have read some good review on the Corsair h50 if all you want to do is watercool the cpu. It's sell for around $80.00 dollars.

http://www.corsair.com/products/h50/default.aspx

Corsair review

http://www.google.com/search?q=corsair+h50+review&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

the only way ill do Liquid Cooling is when im able to find a coolant that is NON-Conductive in any way! Until then ill just stick to fans. That or ill just dump the entire PC in oil! That works too but im gonna gonna waist a few gallons of oil to keep my pc cool. But that would give me hella overclocking capabilities!!!

Hmm ill brb

the only way ill do Liquid Cooling is when im able to find a coolant that is NON-Conductive in any way! Until then ill just stick to fans. That or ill just dump the entire PC in oil! That works too but im gonna gonna waist a few gallons of oil to keep my pc cool. But that would give me hella overclocking capabilities!!!

Hmm ill brb

Now there you go..... Strip Out The Fans, Add 8 Gallons of Cooking Oil !!!

lol I don't think i feel up to submersing my pc anytime soon for how new it is but would make a fun project for one of my older ones. I think i need to do some more reasearch on that corsair water cooler but it sure looks like a good cheap cooling system that would fit my needs. Too bad i have to order an AM3 bracket it looks like but i am not sure.

I think i need to do some more reasearch on that corsair water cooler but it sure looks like a good cheap cooling system that would fit my needs. Too bad i have to order an AM3 bracket it looks like but i am not sure.

Only the early version of the H50 need's to order the extra bracket. The latest version already comes with the bracket.

I am reading that the best method may be a push pull. I do not see anywhere that tells me how long these tubes are that is bothering me. I do not think i will have enough room to do a normal install on the back of the case and thinking i may need to put it under my dvd drive some how. If the tubes reach  :roll:

• 2 weeks later...