I need help.....

kyleta

share2-QME43BZYN

So here is what I have so far.....

Running a Belkin Router. No problems with the router though! All PC's in the house can connect.

Terribly slow. And this is AFTER we upgraded to the 1Mbps/200kbps today.

I have restarted modem and router and to no avail. And due to location it is Wildblue, Hughesnet, or dialup

System info: Dell Dimension 1100 2.53Ghz Celeron; 512K RAM; Win XP Pro SP3

Thanks for any help!

Hey kyleta, glad you found testmy.net,

I think you'll find that there are many here that are very knowledgeable about your ISP, they may have some more questions for you when they get in, you just happen on a holiday night lol, so make sure to check back constant;y, I'm sure they will see this soon ,

Try a speed test at 8am. If it is near your purchased package speed, then you are on a crowded beam.

And WildBlue will B.S. you up and down that speeds are not guaranteed. 

But then again, you are paying for the 513Kbps to 1Mbps tier range.  Some people upgrade and find the higher package only gives a higher FAP limit and not much better speed performance in primetime.

Might you know what beam you are on for others to say if your beam is over-subscribed?

Click to enlarge.

Go to the wildblue site enter your zip code for plans available.....if it has a statement above the plans about "overwhelming demand" ......WB is simply oversold on many beams, don't let anyone tell you different. Its called greed factor.

*also if the equipment gets good speeds in the early morning hours, then slows in the evening hours....don't let a "scientist" convince you your dish needs realigned.  :tard:

share2-8SIPDLVGN

Here is todays....Looks like we are on "Spotbeam" 35. South eastern missouri, on the bottom map we are covered but oval 124 with a "6" in a black square.... There wasn't anything about "overcrowding" on website. I don't know.... I'm lost....I guess next step is to spend an hour on the phone with tech support....We have gotten some pretty good windstorms maybe my dish needs realigned?

If you could so an upload test along with the download test...

If you also have a slow upload number(like say 40Kbps), with the slow download number, then your dish may not be properly aligned any more.

Tech Call support should be able to give you your alignment numbers and whether they are bad or good.  Unless they pull the $95 fee, for having someone to come out and check your dish physically.

And call support can tell you what beam you are on as well. So you know whether you are on WildBlue 1 or Anik F2.

There is also the push/pull test. Have someone push the dish 'slightly' up,down or to one side or the other and do a speed test and see what result is in each instance.  And keep out of the way of the TRIA(electronics cone on the end), to avoid blocking the signal.

I would also reccomend filing a complaint online with the BBB...only takes a few mins and at the least will likely get some refunds of monthly fees etc.. One month of internet refunded to me is well worth 15mins? It normally takes 2-3 weeks for a response.

If customer support wants to make you pay for a service call, would be asking why the dish wasn't installed correctly the first time. I see on other forums there are many WB customers not getting good evening speeds.

The scientist still will not admit "a problem exist" .....as time goes on its becoming more evident. (I know they are reading)

Was just looking at the BBB.org page on WildBlue.......

Is this part new?

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/internet-access-providers/wildblue-communications-in-greenwood-village-co-9036631

WildBlue Communications encourages consumers to contact WildBlue's designated Executive Escalations team at WildBlue's corporate office prior to filing a complaint through the Denver BBB. This Executive Escalations team may be reached via email at,  executiveescalations @ wildbluecorp.com  .WildBlue has committed to address these emails by providing consumers with a response within three business days. Please include the following in the email:

First and Last Name on the Account

Phone Number on the Account

City, State and Zip on the Account

Account Number (if possible)

Detailed Description of the Issue

------------------------------------

Note that just communicating with WildBlue and not also the BBB will result in the issue being hidden from the public. So contact both to keep issues out there for others to learn.

:knuppel2:share2-UTS691LYX&dual=yes&q2=XIRS2BY9L

This is a normal rate of service for me at this time of day, but for the past week I have averaged less than 500kbsp download  90kbps upload.  As a normal I never have my plan rate except 12midnight to 8AM. My plan is the Gold package of which is 1 meg down and 250kbps up. At $69.95 a month ya getting scr*wed.  I have contacted WB corp and I have had a tech come out and check the system and wouldn't ya know it the system worked better than plan.  The next morning its back to usual.  I do not have access to EVDO, wireless or anything else.  I've tried.

Was just looking at the BBB.org page on WildBlue.......

Is this part new?

http://www.bbb.org/denver/business-reviews/internet-access-providers/wildblue-communications-in-greenwood-village-co-9036631

WildBlue Communications encourages consumers to contact WildBlue's designated Executive Escalations team at WildBlue's corporate office prior to filing a complaint through the Denver BBB. This Executive Escalations team may be reached via email at,  executiveescalations @ wildbluecorp.com  .WildBlue has committed to address these emails by providing consumers with a response within three business days. Please include the following in the email:

First and Last Name on the Account

Phone Number on the Account

City, State and Zip on the Account

Account Number (if possible)

Detailed Description of the Issue

------------------------------------

Note that just communicating with WildBlue and not also the BBB will result in the issue being hidden from the public. So contact both to keep issues out there for others to learn.

I didn't notice that before....obviously they are going to reply to the BBB complaint. 

Myself contact Hughes at least 3x week when an issue arises.....just want what I paid for, its already too expensive when it works perfect?

Post a few You Tube videos off AM speed test then PM results......its good free advertisement for WB.

I didn't notice that before....obviously they are going to reply to the BBB complaint. 

I see that not many Internet posts come up with the email address. But it has been around officially for at least a few months(on the BBB pages only) and unofficially for a couple of years.

Ok here is D/L and U/L. And I am going to try some other things and call tech support monday morning. I will let yall know.

Thats the upload speed for when the service is slow. I'd say that your dish alignment is probably ok.

But for being slow with the download even in the am is odd. I wonder if they did not upgrade your profile to do with speed.  And just charge you more for the same speed that is.

Is your new $peed the same as your old package? 

I forgot to ask about a previous post I read....

People were talking about the "Lease" time on the router. Mine is set to "forever" what should the correct setting be?

Thanks!

This thread has an answer, but it may get lost in the wording.

http://www.testmy.net/forum/wildblue-communications-inc/wild-blue-satellite-internet-wireless-router-psp-issues/

My router on DSL, will take a new IP if needed. Like when I'm playing with stuff in the router or DSL modem and lose the IP that I had.

I don't know how often WildBlue rotates a users IP address. Maybe at 48 hours or such?

There is LAN(local area network / local computers in house) lease and then there is WAN(wide area network / modem to Internet).  WAN IP  * Obtain IP Automatically

So lease time is for your computers IP's behind the router.

If I disconnect my computer from my router and plug into my DSL modem, it takes about 10 to 20 seconds to get the Internet IP for my computer as my computer loses it's 192.168.***.*** IP..

There are many other forums out there trying to cover this problem up? I'm not sure why? If were to guess thats what they are supposed to do in the WB world? Most will run test strictly outside of the known times of slow down. The scientists are quite amusing to me, more people are questioning there logic of how a dish re-points itself during the early hours of the day then becomes unadjusted during the evening hours. Maybe certain a moon phase...weird?  Oversold and greed couldn't have anything to do with it. Almost sure its going to get even better slower.  :2funny:

There are many other forums out there trying to cover this problem up? I'm not sure why? If were to guess thats what they are supposed to do in the WB world? Most will run test strictly outside of the known times of slow down. The scientists are quite amusing to me, more people are questioning there logic of how a dish re-points itself during the early hours of the day then becomes unadjusted during the evening hours. Maybe certain a moon phase...weird?  Oversold and greed couldn't have anything to do with it. Almost sure its going to get even better slower.  :2funny:

Hughes did the same thing. "Your dish must be pointed wrong. For $<Enter cash amount> we will send someone to fix it."

Sorry about your luck. File a BBB complaint. Should open their eyes.

File a bunch if you want. I know I would.

Thanks,

EBrown

Hughes did the same thing. "Your dish must be pointed wrong. For $<Enter cash amount> we will send someone to fix it."

Sorry about your luck. File a BBB complaint. Should open their eyes.

File a bunch if you want. I know I would.

Thanks,

EBrown

Your exactly right (Hughes did) not other supposedly "users"?

:idiot2: :idiot2: Here's another GREAT test on the Gold Package,  DO NOT SIGN WITH WB :knuppel2: :knuppel2:    They really try to do the BEST for the Customer bull sh**.........The BBB will be hearing from me on Monday locally and in Denver where they are based.  One would expect to run just abit faster, its a weekend  ya, think.....