hypertransport sync flood error

Most times when i go to play a game suddenly i get a reboot of the pc. When it boots back up it does not start and says hypertransport sync flood error has ocured on last boot press F1 to continue. Some times before it happens i get some audio freezing then screen freeze and it reboots. I have tryed many differant bios versions but that makes it so i cant boot at all. I can get into safe mode after every time but it can be a pain to get back into windows the regular way. Any idea on what is causeing this google has given me no answers.

Asus M4A79T Deluxe

Phenom 2 965 140watt

2 XFX Radeon HD 5750 1 Gig in crossfire

Patriot sector 5 DDR3 1600Mhz 4 Gig

2 Seagate Barracuda  1Tb - 2TB raid 0

Raidmax hybrid RX-630SS

XCLIO A380BK

I did have the system OC for a little bit but took it off waiting for my water cooler to get here.

If i install another bios it takes and will only let me boot to safe mode. If i boot regular it hangs at the windows screen. Going back to the 1303 bios for now just trying to get into windows normally.

Do you think this would stop if i changed my OS?

I did have the system OC for a little bit but took it off waiting for my water cooler to get here.

If i install another bios it takes and will only let me boot to safe mode. If i boot regular it hangs at the windows screen. Going back to the 1303 bios for now just trying to get into windows normally.

Do you think this would stop if i changed my OS?

Changing the OS has nothing to do with it. As of right now the problem lies in the BIOS apparently. They haven't fixed it from what i can see. If you down-step the bios version make sure your CPU can support it first.  The CPU may not run on an older BIOS version.

Got sick of my pc not booting up and decided to reinstall Win7. I am noticing one thing that is strange. If this was not software messing with my voltage what else could it be? In other words why could i always get into safe mode just fine?

After reinstalling windows I am taking my time installing drivers. One thing i notice is every time i go to install ATI drivers my pc wont boot. Rather frustrating but working on a way to get around all of it.

All setting in bios are set to auto and as Buntz said auto can be bad sometimes. I have so many options for changing everything on this board i have no idea where to start.

Think i found out what the problem is (kind of)

I took out my second graphics card and everything works great.

This is telling me i would think that it is either the voltage from the psu to the cards, one card is bad, the motherboard is having problems running 2 cards..( made for 4 cards) or some setting in the bios is making it crash while both are hooked up.

Just a few thoughts about it hopefully with more testing it can be resolved.

Played cod mw2 for a few hours no crash so far. Rebooted many times no crash on reboot. Leaving pc on for the nite see what happens.

Think i found out what the problem is (kind of)

I took out my second graphics card and everything works great.

This is telling me i would think that it is either the voltage from the psu to the cards, one card is bad, the motherboard is having problems running 2 cards..( made for 4 cards) or some setting in the bios is making it crash while both are hooked up.

Just a few thoughts about it hopefully with more testing it can be resolved.

Played cod mw2 for a few hours no crash so far. Rebooted many times no crash on reboot. Leaving pc on for the nite see what happens.

Well if it doesn't happen again, then its probably because your power supply can't provide enough current, or keep the current consistent for everything inside the system.

What kind of power supply do you have?

dlewis23 has a very good point. Your power supply has the max watts covered for CrossfireX , but your 12volt output might not have the amps to run both cards. Here is the requirements that XFX recommends to run CrossfireX with those cards.

http://www.xfxforce.com/en-us/products/graphiccards/hd%205000series/5750.aspx#4

When you run high end graphic cards you have to have a good power supply. You can not skimp on the power supply.

Says 450 is min and i got a 630 with a 140 watt cpu I would think that would be enough but a little more never hurt :)

Is it possible i had the crossfire tab in the wrong spot? i had it on the set of tabs close to the video outputs.

I will try the other card out tues or weds depends on when my IC7 thermal compound gets here. I have to take the motherboard out anyways to put in my water cooler that should be here today.

The problem you might have is on the 12 volt circuit. As for as I can see you are also running two harddrive too. You have the max watts for the cards cover , but you might not have enough amps to run the cards and the harddrive ,other 12 volt systems on the 12 volt circuit.

The PCI cards use the 12 volt rail for the extra power they need to run the new cards , That is why you have to hook up the 6 pin connector , for the extra power. XFX has very good customer support, call them up and give them the spec to your computer and they will tell you if that power supply has the power the system needs.

Decided to test out the bottom card again in the top pcie slot alone (not in crossfire)

Motherboard will not post with that card. Lights on keyboard flash about every 10 seconds. No picture to screen no matter what kind of cable i use. I was nearly possetive it was the psu this whole time but after talking to the xfx tech he agreed it was the card and issued an RMA for it. Guess i will have to wait two weeks and see if the new card that comes will give me any problems.