Time zone options for TMN

wm4bama

Hello everyone,

I'm a retired Aerospace Systems Test Engineer, NASA and Lockheed Missiles and Space Company.

I joined this forum because I live in the boonies where dial-up or satellite are the only options.  I have Wildblue Satellite for my ISP.

And, as many would suspect, speed tests are a big part of the discussion on the Wildblue World forum.  We always direct new customers, and old customers who complain about their internet connection speeds, to come here and perform some tests.

I signed up for membership here to also participate in the discussion forums.

I looked for a way to specify my time zone so my posts and test results would reflect my local time.  It seems there is no way to do that in my profile options.

All test results have the MST time, which is one hour earlier than my CST zone.  I assume the TMN servers are in the MST zone and use local time for all test results.

Is this correct?  Is there an option I've missed here that allows members to enter a time zone/daylight savings option like most other forums have.

Thanks...

All test results have the MST time, which is one hour earlier than my CST zone.  I assume the TMN servers are in the MST zone and use local time for all test results.

TMN servers are actually in Dallas, so they would be set to CST, but Ca3le sets them to his time zone, MST. Most server admins, set the server time to the timezone they are in.

You can not change the time for test results as they are set by server time, but you can change the forum time for your account here http://www.testmy.net/forum/profile/?area=theme

Thanks everyone for the time zone explanation...guess it is important as to where the server administrator lives...lol..

Probably too big of a software change to consider making so the time stamp on the test reports reflect the local time of the tester...but believe it or not, this creates quite a roaring debate on the satellite forum when discussions about slowdowns during the peak evening hours take place...one or two hours make quite a difference.

• 7 years later...

I am experiencing the wrong time on my test results. Since daylight saving in the UK changed at the end of October and timezone returned to GMT all results are still showing +1 hour. The same applies even if I test to Dallas server. See below.

image.png.0103fec0adb27e8471b499e1f6d778ac.png

Not sure if I have to do something to make it change or is there an issue. I have looked through FAQ and other threads but all advice comments do not appear to work.

Thanks

• 1 year later...
On 11/8/2017 at 5:09 PM, Peter B said:

I am experiencing the wrong time on my test results. Since daylight saving in the UK changed at the end of October and timezone returned to GMT all results are still showing +1 hour. The same applies even if I test to Dallas server. See below.

[ Image removed ]

Not sure if I have to do something to make it change or is there an issue. I have looked through FAQ and other threads but all advice comments do not appear to work.

Thanks

Same issue experienced on my side ...

On 11/12/2018 at 11:03 AM, Ronanmagee said:

Same issue experienced on my side ...

Are you still having this issue?  If you clear your browser cookies it will force reset your timezone.

It's supposed to update that automatically.  It's showing the correct time for me and I also have DST.  I'll look at the code in case there's a mistake.

Yes it is still wrong, should be GMT but showing GMT+1

Firefox

I tried clearing the browser testmy.net cookie entries but still the same.

Opened avast browser and run test, this was correct on GMT

Back to firefox, rerun still in error. Cleared cookies for testmy.net again. This time I had a different message regarding page reloading.

Retried the test and now correct GMT time.

It was probably the cookies and I just did not clear them correctly the first time.