Check Out This Speed Tell Me What You Think!

mstout24

Can anyone tell me if this is a good connection it seems to be very fast, just wanted to other opinions? Thanks!

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 31032 Kbps about 31 Mbps (tested with 51200 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3788 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010/01/14 - 1:00am

Bottom Line:: 541X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 0.27 sec

Tested from a 51200 kB file and took 13.516 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 475.41 % faster than the average for host (suddenlink.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-DBNT67EVO

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729) [!]

i dunno...looks pretty slow to me...maybe these guys can help you tweak your connection...then you can have speeds like mine :haha::smitten:

welcome to the forum here at testmy.net

i'm so jealous of your speeds...what package are you on and what do you pay??

Actually its Suddenlink 20 meg service but since my wife works for umm we get ours uncapped.....They just got the new Docsis 3 network up and running so we jumped on it.....Its alittle extreme for home internet ;) But when its free who cares hahaha When u say tweak your settings do you mean RWIN? Thanks!  Oh yea has any noticed that u dont get a true speed reading out of google chrom or mozilla, i had this problem when i run a speed test on internet explorer it testes out like 30 to 35 meg but when on google chrom its only around 17 meg i took me awhile to figure this out, i was always pissed at he internet for ripping me off HAHA Any1 know why this is? Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Actually its Suddenlink 20 meg service but since my wife works for umm we get ours uncapped.....They just got the new Docsis 3 network up and running so we jumped on it.....Its alittle extreme for home internet ;) But when its free who cares hahaha When u say tweak your settings do you mean RWIN? Thanks!  Oh yea has any noticed that u dont get a true speed reading out of google chrom or mozilla, i had this problem when i run a speed test on internet explorer it testes out like 30 to 35 meg but when on google chrom its only around 17 meg i took me awhile to figure this out, i was always pissed at he internet for ripping me off HAHA Any1 know why this is? Thanks!

I had the same problem with my FIOS & google chrome.  It has to be a problem within the download mgr portion of chrome. Since the dl mgr and the online instant xfer thingy run on the same schematics .