U.K members only , on our peculiar ADSL broadband ,

Roco

:lol:  Bro, you are always wellcome to be a UK member ,just pay the back tax owing since the boston tea party  :haha:

Hey now, I don't drink that much tea. Say I pay my part only since the tea party, and only for what I drank? "DEAL or NO DEAL".

By the way does it bring nobility? A title? But honest. I wish I got internet speeds like the average Englishman. No not the 14.4 K dial up part.

Well being in Canada we have the distinction of being able to live in each others countries for 6 months at a time without immigration kicking us out for squatting. And Australia makes the trifecta.

But our main cities get faster Internet and outside of them, things get real slow. Satellite Internet is not the solution at this time. Even wireless is doing a half assed job. The other half of the ass being in the corporate offices.  Some wireless works fine though. Caring owners run them.  :smitten:

But to get some peoples attention......

Did the

"Voluntary Code of Practice: Broadband Speeds"

ever get fully implemented?

http://www.ofcom.org.uk/telecoms/ioi/copbb/copbb/

We have self regulation as well. Money gets paid to government and the Carrier gets to do whatever they want. So many places could have highspeed on wireline for only a small subsidy from government. And a contract that the money gets spent on wireline, within 6 months, in the rural areas and not in the cities. 

Our coverage is becoming a second world market. Meanwhile in Europe, countries are making real highspeed a basic right. Highspeed being at least 10Mbps constant in some cases.

Hey now, I don't drink that much tea. Say I pay my part only since the tea party, and only for what I drank? "DEAL or NO DEAL".

By the way does it bring nobility? A title? But honest. I wish I got internet speeds like the average Englishman. No not the 14.4 K dial up part.

:lol:  Nobility , Sorry pal , back of the queue for you , I been waiting for 40 + years  :evil6:  ,

The Average BB speed ? its only the average, for those on 8+Mb there are more on -I Mbps ,UK  Adsl broadband is indeed a strange beast , 

Signal to noise ratio and attenuation is only part of the deal , there is so many other factors , ( hours of darkness , contension , stuck Dslam profiles ,etc

before you get to your  ISP with it's ofshore help , and the fact the Line is not owned by them , leading to the famous passing the buck loop , it can truly become the dark side of the moon , UK broadband is sold as (up to ) 8Mbps Max ,

the "up to" in the small print is the killer , and the usual locked into a 12-18 month contract don't help ,

• 2 months later...

Hi Terry , welcome to the forum , indeed 16.6 Mbps is a speed most of us can only dream about , and indeed Be has a great reputation ,

I assume your 16Mbps is the 24Mbps package , and within 1 mile to your LLU exchange ? , I get 5.5Mbps from my 8 Mbps package , although my isp

is Pipex-Tiscali-talk talk , and about 2.3 miles from the exchange , I think the only way forward is fibre to the cabinet that is slowly being rolled out ,

although for those in rural areas I don't hold out much hope ,

Regards

Roco

• 2 months later...

Hi Terry , welcome to the forum , indeed 16.6 Mbps is a speed most of us can only dream about , and indeed Be has a great reputation ,

I assume your 16Mbps is the 24Mbps package , and within 1 mile to your LLU exchange ? , I get 5.5Mbps from my 8 Mbps package , although my isp

is Pipex-Tiscali-talk talk , and about 2.3 miles from the exchange , I think the only way forward is fibre to the cabinet that is slowly being rolled out ,

although for those in rural areas I don't hold out much hope ,

Regards

Roco

ye on BE's 21.97 a month option could make my connection go faster but choose reliabilty........i've got the same postcode as my xchange :D

ye on BE's 21.97 a month option could make my connection go faster but choose reliabilty........i've got the same postcode as my xchange biggrin.gif

great to have you along terry101, I am nearly out of contract with Pipex ( been with them for 8 years , since way back in the 512Kb days .

they have always been reliable , but I am looking at Be , but still not sure with my long line I will see any advantage ,

I guess I will hang on until BT rolls out fibre to the cabinet localy , my BB is £19.50 a month including all phone calls , and line rental

and I don't realy need anymore than 6Mbps download speed ,

my line attenuation ( distance ) is 45 dB that dropped from 51 Db after some bas** stole the cable and wiped out 700 + local phones for more than a week ,

still it's a ill wind , my speed went up another 1 Mbps after the new cable was laid ,

same post code as your xchange ? dang , I am moving house soon , the estate agents think I am mad when I ask how close is the nearest exchange ,

great to have you along terry101, I am nearly out of contract with Pipex ( been with them for 8 years , since way back in the 512Kb days .

they have always been reliable , but I am looking at Be , but still not sure with my long line I will see any advantage ,

I guess I will hang on until BT rolls out fibre to the cabinet localy , my BB is £19.50 a month including all phone calls , and line rental

and I don't realy need anymore than 6Mbps download speed ,

my line attenuation ( distance ) is 45 dB that dropped from 51 Db after some bas** stole the cable and wiped out 700 + local phones for more than a week ,

still it's a ill wind , my speed went up another 1 Mbps after the new cable was laid ,

same post code as your xchange ? dang , I am moving house soon , the estate agents think I am mad when I ask how close is the nearest exchange ,

yeah u should def ask lol i did lol dont see why not i lived like miles away from my last exchange no virgin so got 1mb down from bt lol reason i like be is the static ip for gaming....

my line stats

Uptime: 13 days, 10:56:04

DSL Type: G.992.5 Annex M US 56

Bandwidth (Up/Down) [kbps/kbps]: 2,316 / 19,162

Output Power (Up/Down) [dBm]: 13.0 / 18.5

Line Attenuation (Up/Down) [dB]: 8.5 / 12.5