Wild Blue Class Action Lawsuite

psyops70

Yes...I recently joined BBS because I am sick of paying top dollar for Wildblue Internet service and getting the poorest service I have ever had.since 1990 when I was on a 14 baud modem and working in developing a high speed test website for Bill Gates and Time Warner when I lived in Ohio. I have spoken with several of their so called Tech support people, Customer Service people and at point if my speed does not improve by Monday I'm taking their equipment down to my shooting range here in the Colorado mountains and reducing it to a pile of junk then UPS all of it back to their CEO.

I am in process of launching a Class Action lawsuit against these crooks. Plus Echostar will be included, they are their watchdogs.. They offer the world and give you zip.

If anyone is interested I will collect names and my lawyer will make sure you all get a settlement. I have read their contract back to back, done several speed tests and they are ripping of a vast majority of their consumers.

Let me know what you think.

Dennis

Ok I have 2 questions for you. If you are going to sue them unless you own the equipment wouldn't you "taking their equipment down to my shooting range here in the Colorado mountains and reducing it to a pile of junk then UPS all of it back to their CEO" open you up to a counter sue since it's not your property?  :knuppel2:  That would look a little bit bad on your part and I'm sure your lawyer would agree with me on that point. Second is if your going to be adding ecostar into the suit then why not add Directv in with it since they are also partnered with wildblue as a sales partner?  :uglystupid2:

My experience with Wildblue is completely different.

I pay for 1500KPS log on and nearly always log on at 1700kps at testmy.

It does slow down at peak times, right now I at 1200kps.

I have had wildblue now for year. Before that I had Hughes for 5 years. The last year with Hughes I rarely got dialup speeds, and i could not get past the tech support in India.

Other than having to reboot the modem once a month or so, I am happy with Wildblue.

I also like the fact that Wildblue has their own forum, where you can ask questions of Wildblue and get answers from their techs quickly.

I wish you good luck, you will need it.

You will be better to go after WildBlue itself, via a single lawsuit and then when you have won, post it for WildBlue users to read and do themselves. Don't sign a confidentiallity agreement to end the case before the court date. Then it's like the lawsuit never happened. It happens far too often. People are too lazy to wait one or two years for a judgment.  Keep posting up every daily or weekly detail of your legal journey on a blog. All communications and offers.

And ask your lawyer the grounds of why you have to put the case through in only one town, that WildBlue mandates to the users.  WildBlue already lost on the 'Arbitration clause' that they used to have. Well, since the Arbitrator was also a WildBlue employee and thats illegal. Arbitration clauses hold no legal ground, as any company can not deny your right to participate in a lawsuit or class-action lawsuit.

WildBlue is acting as a national company, and there should be grounds to file a lawsuit in any court.

Much information online of various shady business practices. Including that 'fee' to have an installer to come out and fix a perfectly functioning system.

The main one is overselling some beams, so that users do not get worthwhile speeds in the evening(Also known as timing out webpages and dialup being faster). Some users are subscribing to the 1.5Mbps package and getting slowed down to the less than the 512Kbps package in the evening. Does the person pay for the 512Kbps and lower package? No? Well then it's fraud to do that slowdown. Tiered pricing is to have the users speeds maintain in that tier's speed range. 

And a real good one, is where support automatically blames the user for system slowdowns and problems.  The law says Innocence before guilt. And evidence of guilt needs to be obvious to by-pass automatic innocence.

There are areas that have decent speeds, but that is due to a smaller user base in that beams area.

My experience with Wildblue is completely different.

I pay for 1500KPS log on and nearly always log on at 1700kps at testmy.

It does slow down at peak times, right now I at 1200kps.

I have had wildblue now for year. Before that I had Hughes for 5 years. The last year with Hughes I rarely got dialup speeds, and i could not get past the tech support in India.

Other than having to reboot the modem once a month or so, I am happy with Wildblue.

I also like the fact that Wildblue has their own forum, where you can ask questions of Wildblue and get answers from their techs quickly.

I wish you good luck, you will need it.

Could you please log in while speed testing.......?  Myself am seriously amused at the WBworld forum answers to customers speed problems.

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 1507 Kbps about 1.5 Mbps (tested with 1544 kB)

Download Speed is:: 184 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010/01/17 - 6:13am

Bottom Line:: 26X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 5.57 sec

Tested from a 1544 kB file and took 8.393 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 74.62 % faster than the average for host (wildblue.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-FL21ZRTVX

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0) [!]

This is exactly the speed I pay for. Most of the time it is faster. Weekends, holidays, and peak times it is usually a little slower. 

ummmmm no upload I guess?

I think if the upload and download test were run morning and evening.....the capacity issue would be easily seen.

The scientist say the uploads do not slow during peak hours, but yet its rare to see 1500/256k plan get the said 80% consistently, especially during the evening hours.

Here is the upload test. Both up and download tests were done with rather heavy rain, which has been shuting me down for periods of time. So these two tests are slower than my average.

I agree that the speeds slow down in the the few times I am online in the evening.

I am rarely awake past 8PM as I have to get up at 3:30AM to feed the cows.

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 149 Kbps about 0.1 Mbps (tested with 579 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 18 kB/s

Test Time:: 2010/01/17 - 9:03am

Bottom Line:: 3X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 56.89 sec

Tested from a 579 kB file and took 31.781 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Looks Great : 4.93 % faster than the average for host (wildblue.net)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-7I5YZCFXE

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC2; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; .NET CLR 3.0.30729; Media Center PC 6.0) [!]

My own experience with the Ka band is that the weather has much less impact on performance? At any rate please test as often as you can all hours of the day to see the true speeds. The true equipment test would be to run several test anywhere between 3-6am then compare with the evening results. When I was looking to switch WB told me could expect to see no less than 80% of plan speeds? so a 1500/256k plan should expect to see 1200/200k or very close. 

My own experience with the Ka band is that the weather has much less impact on performance? At any rate please test as often as you can all hours of the day to see the true speeds. The true equipment test would be to run several test anywhere between 3-6am then compare with the evening results. When I was looking to switch WB told me could expect to see no less than 80% of plan speeds? so a 1500/256k plan should expect to see 1200/200k or very close.

I agree that ka band is much more tolerant of rain than ku band,but a heavy rain will knock it right out. I lose the signal on my Directv at the same time as the Wildblue signal goes down.

I have gone below 80% of the advertised speed the few times I have been on in the evening,but over all I am at or above the advertised down load speed.

I haven't tested the up load speed that often, but I don't remember ever getting the 256 that is advertised. I am happy if I can upload at 20kps consistently.

Most of my neighbors have switched to Wildblue from Hughes and most of us are very happy when we compare our present service with what we had before.

Before Hughes I had Starband, which used a phone line to upload and a large dish to download. The highest download(log on) speed was 250kps and up load was 28kps(log on) or 3-5 kps actual speed.

Satellite is the worst way to get the Internet, except dial up. The monthly fees are expensive for what you get, the installation is expensive and the technology is fickle at best. But, there aren't many other options and the other other available options have their drawbacks as well.

The FAP policy of Wildblue is also much better than Hughes. 

I agree that ka band is much more tolerant of rain than ku band,but a heavy rain will knock it right out. I lose the signal on my Directv at the same time as the Wildblue signal goes down.

I have gone below 80% of the advertised speed the few times I have been on in the evening,but over all I am at or above the advertised down load speed.

I haven't tested the up load speed that often, but I don't remember ever getting the 256 that is advertised. I am happy if I can upload at 20kps consistently.

Most of my neighbors have switched to Wildblue from Hughes and most of us are very happy when we compare our present service with what we had before.

Before Hughes I had Starband, which used a phone line to upload and a large dish to download. The highest download(log on) speed was 250kps and up load was 28kps(log on) or 3-5 kps actual speed.

Satellite is the worst way to get the Internet, except dial up. The monthly fees are expensive for what you get, the installation is expensive and the technology is fickle at best. But, there aren't many other options and the other other available options have their drawbacks as well.

The FAP policy of Wildblue is also much better than Hughes.

Obviously your not aware of Hughes current FAP policy (free tiime 2-7am, tokens) etc... and since WB is so much better than Hughes....the same plan should show better speeds up and down? Not that I never had problems with Hughes, but current day side by side:

Its raining here pretty good, lots of heavy cloud cover and windy: still good with Hughes Ka band

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2155 Kbps about 2.2 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 263 kB/s

Test Time:: 2010/01/17 - 2:09pm

Bottom Line:: 38X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 3.89 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 11.649 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 143.5 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-ZFUAB9XYM

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

:::.. Upload Stats ..:::

Upload Connection is:: 206 Kbps about 0.2 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 25 kB/s

Test Time:: 2010/01/17 - 2:16pm

Bottom Line:: 4X faster than 56K 1MB Upload in 40.96 sec

Tested from a 2992 kB file and took 119.158 seconds to complete

Upload Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 32.9 % faster than the average for host (direcway.com)

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-OGQ9TBFVJ

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 6.0; WOW64; Trident/4.0; SLCC1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; Media Center PC 5.0; .NET CLR 3.5.21022; .NET CLR 3.5.30729; MDDC; .NET CLR 3.0.30729) [!]

Pinging testmy.net [74.54.226.166] with 32 bytes of data:

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=709ms TTL=51

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=857ms TTL=51

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=1005ms TTL=51

Reply from 74.54.226.166: bytes=32 time=578ms TTL=51

Ping statistics for 74.54.226.166:

Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss),

Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:

Minimum = 578ms, Maximum = 1005ms, Average = 787ms

ITs now around 4pm est.....lets see what WB results are.