2.40GHz Intel Celeron dual-core processor E3200 w/ Intel G31/ICH7 chipset???????

mstout24

I thought you were going for this?

Anyway, that's a budget dual core by Intel. It'll do, but compared to AMD's offerings in that price range they are normally inferior. Intel's integrated graphics 'card' is pure crap for gaming, it is made for cheap 2d displaying and nothing else.

Well i was going for that but i changed my mind.....i seen this system it had 2 gig ram with it (4 gig max) and all so i was thinkin about it........i been doin alot of reviews on the internet...and every1 seems to say the E3200 is very fast like it has surprised some people or somehthing.....i figure coming from a single core system i should notice alittle difference...im not a big gamin enthusiast, thats why i have xbox live, so i dont need a quad core or i7 or what not....but i also want something thats speedy and wont bog my system if i have 8 tabs open in my browser and will open programs at a click........thanks!

Can any1 tell me if this is a good cpu like for streaming video off the ineternet, and everyday computing? Is it fast? I have a single core now and considerin upgrading to this? Also is the ntegrated Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 3100 a good video card? Thanks!

The only thing holding you back would be your internet speed from your provider 

that is the weak'st link ,IMHO

HAHAHA yea ur not kiddin....I need to call and get that upgraded...ASAP! ;)

:lol:  ,computer  spec for 50Mbps  broadband , anything above this is just iceing on the cake

PC - Computer Specification for 50Mbps BB

Processor 2GHz (2000Mhz) single core

Memory  1GByte RAM (xp ) ,2GByte for 7 ? 

Hard Drive 125 MB free space

Computer Interface Ethernet card (NIC)

Screen Display SVGA display 800x600x256 colours or greater ,

HAHAHA yea ur not kiddin....I need to call and get that upgraded...ASAP! ;)

:shock: .....with a down speed of 30+ Mbps ? , I have never used a connection over

8 Mbps over here , with 30+ , I would be afraid to blink in case I missed something  :lol:

i have that chipset in a computer at my house...if i have a few tabs open in firefox sometimes it bogs down and i cant even play poker on facebook without lag. its weird. but its decent for email/surfing the web...dont expect games lol.

got to be your bandwidth IMHO , a dual core 2.4 Ghz proc, cant handle a 30Mbps input ?

I just don't see that somehow ? , maybe I am wrong on that ? Personaly I would be watching my stats from task manager , just maybe too much background stuff going on ? ,

a great tool for monitoring that  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

yea i have to agree w/ roco although im not a computer genius and dont claim to be, i can tell u i currently have a single core processer a Intel Celeron 2.4ghz w/ 1 gig memory, and my wife can have like 6 facebook pages open at one, and their filled with alot of pictues.....and it seems to work fine, so i cant imagine a dual core, just doesnt make sence....id format my hard drive and maybe invest in some more memory, just my 2 cents......just a thought ;)

Well i was going for that but i changed my mind.....i seen this system it had 2 gig ram with it (4 gig max) and all so i was thinkin about it........i been doin alot of reviews on the internet...and every1 seems to say the E3200 is very fast like it has surprised some people or somehthing.....i figure coming from a single core system i should notice alittle difference...im not a big gamin enthusiast, thats why i have xbox live, so i dont need a quad core or i7 or what not....but i also want something thats speedy and wont bog my system if i have 8 tabs open in my browser and will open programs at a click........thanks!

You're certainly going to notice a difference going from single to dual core, a single program will have more difficulties hogging the computer to itself, so it ends up being much more responsive. The other thing that would make a large difference is an SSD instead of a plain hard disk, but those aren't affordable yet for low-end budgets.

got to be your bandwidth IMHO , a dual core 2.4 Ghz proc, cant handle a 30Mbps input ?

I just don't see that somehow ? , maybe I am wrong on that ? Personaly I would be watching my stats from task manager , just maybe too much background stuff going on ? ,

a great tool for monitoring that  http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/bb896653.aspx

Its not just the CPU that determines how your computer will be albe to handel it. Your Ram, Hard Drive, and Chipset play a huge role. With large file downloads at that speed, having a fast Hard Drive is key.

Most lower end notebooks can have problems with stained downloads at that speed, while trying to do other things. The Hard Drive just can't write the data that fast, while trying to do other things.

But with the computer he is talking about, there should be no problem. You would have to worry more about the server on the other end being able to dish it out fast then your computer.