Ipad

dlewis23

I'm going to let them get in a generation or two then by all means I will have one of these . Once they integrate the 3G network into it ( unless they have between the time I saw it and now ) it will be even more appealing. One thing that drives me mad is traveling then having to stop to find a connection. (I'm speaking of my current macbook pro ) yes, I know, go get a card ok. lol

I'm going to let them get in a generation or two then by all means I will have one of these . Once they integrate the 3G network into it ( unless they have between the time I saw it and now ) it will be even more appealing. One thing that drives me mad is traveling then having to stop to find a connection. (I'm speaking of my current macbook pro ) yes, I know, go get a card ok. lol

Umm, you can get one with a 3G connection. Its $129 more for one with the 3G card built in, then its $15 per month for 250 MB of data or $30 per month with unlimited data, no contact, cancel anytime.

Fair enough, but i wont switch providers because Apple makes a deal with one of them instead of several, thats the only reason I haven't got an iPhone, and thats why I dont pay to close of attention to there mobile devices. Not worth my time . And yea, I still use Apple computers and always will.

Umm, you can get one with a 3G connection. Its $129 more for one with the 3G card built in, then its $15 per month for 250 MB of data or $30 per month with unlimited data, no contact, cancel anytime.

Fair enough, but i wont switch providers because Apple makes a deal with one of them instead of several, thats the only reason I haven't got an iPhone, and thats why I dont pay to close of attention to there mobile devices. Not worth my time . And yea, I still use Apple computers and always will.

You don't have to switch providers for the iPad, you don't even have to sign a contact or even talk to AT&T. It doesn't even have to be through AT&T since a 3G iPad comes unlocked. They just setup a special deal with AT&T for 3G data.

When you get a 3G iPad you just open a app on it, select the plan type you want and enter your payment info then the 3G connection is active. You can start it when ever you want and cancel it when ever you want.

It's nothing like a phone.

Looks awesome, but is it a phone as well?

Yes/No....

Using something thats 11 inches corner to corner won't make a very good phone, and probably wouldn't make you look very good holding that up to your face for a phone call.

But since it does have a Mic, headphone jack, and bluetooth you could use skype on it for phone calls.

• 1 month later...

So the iPad comes out in about 10 days, and I was curious who here is going to be getting one?

For anyone who doesn't know what a iPad is check here http://www.apple.com/ipad/

I will prolly grab one as well, but will wait til the 2nd gen...UNLESS a first gen comes into my second hand store for cheap! I would love to have one of these puppies jailbreakin' ..