PayPal?

jim2006

Ok so I just got my first bank account yesterday!!! I wanted to use for online payments!!! But I need some help see I have had a paypal account for awhile but I never had a bank account linked to it! So I went to paypal and linked it to my account and well it said it sent two payments to verify I was the owner of the account :shock: :shock: :shock:!!!  Well I am wanting to know if I am going to get charged for those transfers like a wire transfer :shock: :shock: :shock:?  I don't want that I was told paypal was free so I did it but then I check and it said on my bank account that it was 5 dollar charge for incoming wire transfers!!!???? Do you think what I did was considered a wire transfer???????? Thanks!!! I mean say I was to donate to cable and use paypal would my bank charge me a wire fee please help thanks!!!!

When I linked my bank accounts, second time because they merged and my account number changed, I wasn't charged any fees. I don't think it's considered a wire transfer, it's probably more like a direct deposit type of thing. I could be wrong though.

If you are charged for those 2 deposits to verify your account then you would most likely be charged every time you transfered money between your 2 accounts.

Ok so I just got my first bank account yesterday!!! I wanted to use for online payments!!! But I need some help see I have had a paypal account for awhile but I never had a bank account linked to it! So I went to paypal and linked it to my account and well it said it sent two payments to verify I was the owner of the account :shock: :shock: :shock:!!!  Well I am wanting to know if I am going to get charged for those transfers like a wire transfer :shock: :shock: :shock:?  I don't want that I was told paypal was free so I did it but then I check and it said on my bank account that it was 5 dollar charge for incoming wire transfers!!!???? Do you think what I did was considered a wire transfer???????? Thanks!!! I mean say I was to donate to cable and use paypal would my bank charge me a wire fee please help thanks!!!!

When you open a Pay Pal account and it is going to a bank account they make two transactions to make sure its a valid account and you are who you say you are!!!!!!!!.....The first transactions is a small withdrawal for less than a buck!!!!!!!, the next transaction is a deposit ....to return the money they took!!!!!!!!.....and to finish the deal they ask you what and how much the transactions were for!!!!!!....... But I am a little confused how did you use a Pay Pal account b4 without a bank account????? Just curious !!!!!!!

:o Microwave

I have had my bank account linked for around five years now...believe there was a one time charge of five dollars (pretty sure it was a Paypal fee not the banks). Other than the initial fee never been charged no other fees.

** [glow=red,2,300]Note[/glow] they do a stiff charge back fees...also they can and will freeze your funds/account in the event of a charge back situation for over 30days!

Microwave: But I am a little confused how did you use a Pay Pal account b4 without a bank account????? Just curious !!!!!!!

PayPal lets you use a credit card for a short time, but they limit your spending to about $2000, then you have to link it to a bank account.  :cool:

Microwave: But I am a little confused how did you use a Pay Pal account b4 without a bank account????? Just curious !!!!!!!

PayPal lets you use a credit card for a short time, but they limit your spending to about $2000, then you have to link it to a bank account.