Sony Dav-hdx275 Issue?

wyantm06

I had bought this Surround Sound and it seems like the Center speaker is on mute for some reason. I have done everything, cold reset, and even put the center on another channel and it sounded great. If you hold your ear to the speaker it sounds muted, other than that you can't hear it lol. At the price I got it I am not to worried about it, just curious if it's the unit or something I am doing wrong in the settings. Btw great surround sound, besides the issues. Hits way harder than my 1,000 watt Philips.

I had bought this Surround Sound and it seems like the Center speaker is on mute for some reason. I have done everything, cold reset, and even put the center on another channel and it sounded great. If you hold your ear to the speaker it sounds muted, other than that you can't hear it lol. At the price I got it I am not to worried about it, just curious if it's the unit or something I am doing wrong in the settings. Btw great surround sound, besides the issues. Hits way harder than my 1,000 watt Philips.

I figured it out. N I couldn't take it back I got it dirt cheap.

So what was the fix?

I honestly don't know....Here is the deal, and I still don't get it. But anyways. Okay so I attempted to play several PS3 games (all Dolby Digital) and nothing. I then try my XM, nothing...HDTV...Nothing...I then decided to try some DVD movies and was finding out that they weren't working either. So I decided to look for 5.1 movies only. Well that worked. I just don't know why nothing else will play through my center, because my old 1,000 watt Philips played everything center or the others, or both. This one seems to be doing only 5.1 and coming through center specifically on 5.1 movies only. I donno maybe I am messing with wrong settings on this thing or something. But ya, at least I know nothing is wrong with it. Even if there was I would have to jus wait until someone brought me another one through the shop :evil6:

From the a Amazon.com review...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DAV-HDX275-BRAVIA-Channel-Theater/dp/B0015HOG02

The unit has two sound modes, "movie" and "music" and a bass enhancer (which I turned off as it made the bass sound boomy and obnoxious for music listening). There is no stereo 5.1 mode which would allow for output to all 5 speakers from regular stereo sources like an iPod. Instead the unit has a 4 channel matrix mode that uses the main, rear and subwoofer speakers for stereo. This is kind of a shame since the center channel speaker is the clearest sounding one of the bunch. The center channel does sound decent when watching or listening to TV and DVD sources.

And Specs list...

Multi Speaker Formation

Select from the on screen display to configure the system for different speaker layout.

Music/Movie Mode

System automatically adjusts sound characteristics to match the source (movie vs. music).

Edit: ignore this bit.. you already done it....

This is interesting if someone changed the defaults...... I guess this is your unit.

Perform Cold Reset by pressing following buttons on unit front.

Press STOP, EJECT and POWER at same time. (buttons on unit front) do not press any remote button.

You will see COLD RESET on unit display and your home theater will set on default factory settings.

If you have user manual, check page-90 for details or click Sony Support http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=DAVHDX275&LOC=3 to download a copy.

Edited by zalternate

From the a Amazon.com review...

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-DAV-HDX275-BRAVIA-Channel-Theater/dp/B0015HOG02

The unit has two sound modes, "movie" and "music" and a bass enhancer (which I turned off as it made the bass sound boomy and obnoxious for music listening). There is no stereo 5.1 mode which would allow for output to all 5 speakers from regular stereo sources like an iPod. Instead the unit has a 4 channel matrix mode that uses the main, rear and subwoofer speakers for stereo. This is kind of a shame since the center channel speaker is the clearest sounding one of the bunch. The center channel does sound decent when watching or listening to TV and DVD sources.

And Specs list...

Multi Speaker Formation

Select from the on screen display to configure the system for different speaker layout.

Music/Movie Mode

System automatically adjusts sound characteristics to match the source (movie vs. music).

Edit: ignore this bit.. you already done it....

This is interesting if someone changed the defaults...... I guess this is your unit.

Perform Cold Reset by pressing following buttons on unit front.

Press STOP, EJECT and POWER at same time. (buttons on unit front) do not press any remote button.

You will see COLD RESET on unit display and your home theater will set on default factory settings.

If you have user manual, check page-90 for details or click Sony Support http://esupport.sony.com/US/perl/model-documents.pl?mdl=DAVHDX275&LOC=3 to download a copy.

Thanks for the info that you found. But yeah when I did get all five working they all sounded evenly crisp and clear. N come to find out, I had both my old Surround Sound and my new one hooked up same time and I like this Matrix mode or whatever this surround sound has. It sounds way better! So I know there is nothing wrong with this unit now and it was def. worth the value of $100.

• CA3LE locked this topic