Help With 3meg Dsl

shroom93

my cap is 6meg down, 896k up.

im getting really good upload speeds, just my download speed isnt what it should be, anyone have a .css file for cablenut for this connection?

the dsl modem synced at 8128kbps down, 896kup which is weird...

Thanks in advance,

John

:::.. Download Stats ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2023 Kbps about 2 Mbps (tested with 3064 kB)

Download Speed is:: 247 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Main)

Test Time:: 2010-04-17 03:41:29 GMT

Bottom Line:: 35X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 4.15 sec

Tested from a 3064 kB file and took 12.406 seconds to complete

Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 113.4 % faster than the average for host (nehp.net)

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-XB0W4K8VG

User Agent:: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.0.3705; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; Media Center PC 4.0; AskTB5.6) [!]

Are you connected direct to the modem when doing the speed test?

That would rule out any speed restrictions that might be accidentally set in a router.

Another cause may be you are on the wrong speed profile, even though you are syncing at the higher rate.

My DSL modem syncs at 9.4Mbps, but I am on a 6Mbps profile and then that relates to a speed of 5.2Mbps, with overhead factored in.

Edited by zalternate

Are you connected direct to the modem when doing the speed test?

That would rule out any speed restrictions that might be accidentally set in a router.

the modem is an Actiontec DSL Gateway. its a router, wireless router and modem in one.. what could i do, set dmz host to this computer?

oh, im connected to it with a ethernet cable...

the modem is an Actiontec DSL Gateway. its a router, wireless router and modem in one.. what could i do, set dmz host to this computer?

oh, im connected to it with a ethernet cable...

I edited on this bit also in my first reply...

Another cause may be you are on the wrong speed profile, even though you are syncing at the higher rate.

My DSL modem syncs at 9.4Mbps, but I am on a 6Mbps profile and then that relates to a speed of 5.2Mbps, with overhead factored in.

ive tried creating my own profiles for cablenut using the calculator but ive had no success =( ive tried different speeds, up and down, and different latencies

I mean the profile your DSL provider has you set at. Since you are floating around one particular areas of speed(2Mbps) on your speed tests.

Does your provider have a current page for packages? Since the ISP link in your speed test goes to an old page, that is not properly showing packages. So it only shows a 1.5Mbps down package and a light package of 256Kbps down. http://www.nehp.net

And I hate the combo units of being a modem and router all in one. Makes it a pain to trouble shoot any problems when you have to deal with two units at once. Sometimes you can bridge the combo unit to be a modem only, but that is Dependant on the units firmware.

Edited by zalternate

I mean the profile your DSL provider has you set at. Since you are floating around one particular areas of speed(2Mbps) on your speed tests.

Does your provider have a current page for packages? Since the ISP link in your speed test goes to an old page, that is not properly showing packages. So it only shows a 1.5Mbps down package and a light package of 256Kbps down. http://www.nehp.net

And I hate the combo units of being a modem and router all in one. Makes it a pain to trouble shoot any problems when you have to deal with two units at once. Sometimes you can bridge the combo unit to be a modem only, but that is Dependant on the units firmware.

their website doesnt show it, but they do offer a faster speed to certian areas. i had emailed the webmaster and he told me a 3 meg package was available in my area. several days he has been troubleshooting it. turns out it was on my end all along. my old caps were 1536k down, 512k up. just so happens my modem was set to G.lite... i set it to multimode and it synced at the 8128k down, 896kup, im signed up for the 3 meg package, but... since they were working on it, he raised the cap to the ports cap. which is the 8128kdown/896kup. but, he told me that the fastest possible speed i could get would be 6 meg over this weekend.. the dslam in my area has a 6 meg connection to it.

was hoping i could get those speeds or atleast 5 meg over this weekend before he throttles it down on monday if im satisfied with it. but so far, its not much faster than my original package which was the 1.5meg package...

DSL Status

VPI: 0

VCI: 35

DSL Mode: T1413

Connection Status: Showtime

Speed (down/up): 8128 / 896 Kbps

ATM QoS class: UBR

Near End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0

Far End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0

Near End RS FEC (I/F): 0/34

Far End RS FEC (I/F): 0/0

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 16/15

Transmit Power (Downstream/Upstream): 11/12

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 19/13

all these settings on the modem look ok?

DSL Status

VPI: 0

VCI: 35

DSL Mode: T1413

Connection Status: Showtime

Speed (down/up): 8128 / 896 Kbps

ATM QoS class: UBR

Near End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0

Far End CRC Errors (I/F): 0/0

Near End RS FEC (I/F): 0/34

Far End RS FEC (I/F): 0/0

SNR Margin (Downstream/Upstream): 16/15

Transmit Power (Downstream/Upstream): 11/12

Attenuation (Downstream/Upstream): 19/13

all these settings on the modem look ok?

I don't know about the download transmit power on your particular modem. Maybe you can find a online manual for it's specs.

It may be low, but your unit may have a lower power output.

My Speed Touch is at 19.5dBm tx power

And if your profile was changed to a higher speed, I suppose you did reboot the modem already. But you must of done that already to see the new sync rate.