Who Was It That Recommended My New Laptop?

ninjageek

I dont remember the user that recommended my new laptop that I bought. I got a small problem. The gf has lost her charging cord for her digital cam. Before I head to radio shack in hopes of being able to replace it, I THINK one of the usb ports on her laptop can be used for charging. I know the user who recommended the tosihiba told me that if I remember right. Which USB port is used for charging?

I dont remember the user that recommended my new laptop that I bought. I got a small problem. The gf has lost her charging cord for her digital cam. Before I head to radio shack in hopes of being able to replace it, I THINK one of the usb ports on her laptop can be used for charging. I know the user who recommended the tosihiba told me that if I remember right. Which USB port is used for charging?

Hey bro, i recommended the toshiba a505 laptop i do believe thats the one you mean. and yes i have that one. :smile2:

and if you could link me to some pics of your model i can show you for sure, but on mine, on the left side of the laptop is an external SATA/usb drive. and it has sleep and charge on it. (sleep and charge works on all but one of the usb ports on mine, but i typically use just that one.)

i have the toshiba satellite a505-s6985 model. attached is a pic of the one that is the sleep and charge port. when you plug in a usb device such as a phone or camera or something a window should pop up if you have sleep and charge and it'll explain what happens. which is basically it'll charge when you have it plugged in.

post-28921-127284801689_thumb.jpg

Hey bro, i recommended the toshiba a505 laptop i do believe thats the one you mean. and yes i have that one. :smile2:

and if you could link me to some pics of your model i can show you for sure, but on mine, on the left side of the laptop is an external SATA/usb drive. and it has sleep and charge on it. (sleep and charge works on all but one of the usb ports on mine, but i typically use just that one.)

i have the toshiba satellite a505-s6985 model. attached is a pic of the one that is the sleep and charge port. when you plug in a usb device such as a phone or camera or something a window should pop up if you have sleep and charge and it'll explain what happens. which is basically it'll charge when you have it plugged in.

post-28921-127284801689_thumb.jpg

Ok, Yea sorry about forgetting ya starship. I went with the one right above yours. It was like a thousand. It was the next step up. I will dig around and try to find the model number forsure. Sweet laptop. Gf very happy with it. In turn makes me very happy with it.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=452645

Toshibia A505-S6998

Ok, Yea sorry about forgetting ya starship. I went with the one right above yours. It was like a thousand. It was the next step up. I will dig around and try to find the model number forsure. Sweet laptop. Gf very happy with it. In turn makes me very happy with it.

http://www.toshibadirect.com/td/b2c/retail-product.jsp?poid=452645

Toshibia A505-S6998

lol you probably didnt realize it was me because my username used to be RyanS. but got switched back to starship_troopers after the forum got upgraded. but its no biggie. btw, im really glad she likes the laptop. :cool2:

and it looks to me like the same port is on your laptop as on mine, in about the same spot, so im certain that would work. like i said, i use it to charge my phone and camera while they are plugged in to transfer files/images. i also use it to keep power on my external drive. let me know if it works out.

Ok, Now I know what I did wrong. Long story, But I deleted windows 7 from her laptop and reinstalled with Windows 7 64 bit pro. I bought two copies of it. Now if her Laptop throws a fit, I can reinstall no problem. Same way with my desktop. I needed to download the software from toshiba. Did that. All is well. Not sure if you can charge while using it, But works fine when you put the laptop to sleep. I thank you so very much.

Ok, Now I know what I did wrong. Long story, But I deleted windows 7 from her laptop and reinstalled with Windows 7 64 bit pro. I bought two copies of it. Now if her Laptop throws a fit, I can reinstall no problem. Same way with my desktop. I needed to download the software from toshiba. Did that. All is well. Not sure if you can charge while using it, But works fine when you put the laptop to sleep. I thank you so very much.

no problem. im glad i could help.

also, if your camera is a lithium ion battery camera like mine is, its pretty cool to have it charge on your laptop so you dont have to go find an outlet if you are away from home. [geek-small]