Burnt Pixels On Laptops...

wyantm06

What causes these friggin' things?! It seems like ANY laptop I buy I can not get a break. My last Compaq (burnt pixels), my last Toshiba (burnt pixel), Yawwnnnzzz yepp my new Toshiba a505 burnt pixel in the top left. All I see is a tiny small dot. I tried JScreen or whatever it is pixel remover and nothing. Is this just my luck or am I doing something to cause these or what? I can't take it back because I am passed my 30 days, but ugh what the is going on?

What causes these friggin' things?! It seems like ANY laptop I buy I can not get a break. My last Compaq (burnt pixels), my last Toshiba (burnt pixel), Yawwnnnzzz yepp my new Toshiba a505 burnt pixel in the top left. All I see is a tiny small dot. I tried JScreen or whatever it is pixel remover and nothing. Is this just my luck or am I doing something to cause these or what? I can't take it back because I am passed my 30 days, but ugh what the is going on?

Dead pixels usually happen at the manufacture. It's just something that happens, but is pretty rare now. It use to happen a lot. Heat is one thing that will cause it. Those pixel things that just put a bunch of noise on the screen will never fix a dead pixel, and will hardly ever fix a stuck pixel.

It's most likely nothing your doing, unless there is some kind of heat source around the display. You just have to check right away. The first thing I do when ever I get any kind of new computer is go over the screen, look for dead pixels, and do color correction, if its not up to my standard it goes back to the store. But it has to be done right away, with in about an hour.

Dead pixels usually happen at the manufacture. It's just something that happens, but is pretty rare now. It use to happen a lot. Heat is one thing that will cause it. Those pixel things that just put a bunch of noise on the screen will never fix a dead pixel, and will hardly ever fix a stuck pixel.

It's most likely nothing your doing, unless there is some kind of heat source around the display. You just have to check right away. The first thing I do when ever I get any kind of new computer is go over the screen, look for dead pixels, and do color correction, if its not up to my standard it goes back to the store. But it has to be done right away, with in about an hour.

Blah! Alright, I guess I am stuck with a burnt pixel then...Geesh, ANY electronics I buy seem to have SOMETHING go wrong and I seem to just not have the luck...Oh well I guess, ugh...

N I did check it when I bought it...There was nothing, but oh well again...Shit like this makes me want to just stop buying electronics

Edited by wyantm06

You wouldn't get it replaced for one pixel any ways. Most warranties specify the number they'll respond to and it's usually 6-8 dead pixels.

They say that, but if you know how to talk to them you can get them to replace it for just one pixel. One pixel is enough to destroy the display.

My desktop monitor used to do this. The thing I found that worked. Is I tapped on it with my finger tip with the monitor on and it fixed the issue. Few light raps with the finger and its all better. Not saying you should do this, Just saying thats How I fixed mine. There are a few other things they say to try, that may help or make it worse. Google can help you out there.

My desktop monitor used to do this. The thing I found that worked. Is I tapped on it with my finger tip with the monitor on and it fixed the issue. Few light raps with the finger and its all better. Not saying you should do this, Just saying thats How I fixed mine. There are a few other things they say to try, that may help or make it worse. Google can help you out there.

Hmm this is weird...Are some dead pixels diff? I just used DPT Dead Pixel Tester and clicked info and it said yellow dot on white screen or black dot on blue screen it is DEAD. mine does neither...I tried tapping and everything.

Hmm this is weird...Are some dead pixels diff? I just used DPT Dead Pixel Tester and clicked info and it said yellow dot on white screen or black dot on blue screen it is DEAD. mine does neither...I tried tapping and everything.

Try putting pressure on the pixel with your finger (massage) and maybe it will let the pixel pop back!

Try putting pressure on the pixel with your finger (massage) and maybe it will let the pixel pop back!

Imma give it another try. I tried it but donno if I used enough pressure. I will try one more time and if it don't work I guess I am gonna leave it go. Thanks for the help tho!

• 2 weeks later...

Imma give it another try. I tried it but donno if I used enough pressure. I will try one more time and if it don't work I guess I am gonna leave it go. Thanks for the help tho!

I am DONE with Toshiba. I will not praise this POS company no more nor will I talk anyone into ever buying another Toshiba product. They have such shitty service it isn't funny. This company is ridiculous, second laptop I bought with burnt pixels and they won't do jack for me! I guess I will finally try ASUS out next time I purchase. Also they don't even give a shit if they lose a customer, they said we respect you don't want to buy another one...Well forget you to! I HATE TOSHIBA PRODUCTS!! ugh I am sorry people I am pissed...

I am DONE with Toshiba. I will not praise this POS company no more nor will I talk anyone into ever buying another Toshiba product. They have such shitty service it isn't funny. This company is ridiculous, second laptop I bought with burnt pixels and they won't do jack for me! I guess I will finally try ASUS out next time I purchase. Also they don't even give a shit if they lose a customer, they said we respect you don't want to buy another one...Well forget you to! I HATE TOSHIBA PRODUCTS!! ugh I am sorry people I am pissed...

I been using an Acer for the last 3 years and never have any problems with it. When this one dies I'll get another Acer. I use their CS in the begining to see if I changed the Vista to XP and yes was the answer and it didn't hurt the warrenty. Now I'm running W7 and it runs great also.

• 2 weeks later...

I been using an Acer for the last 3 years and never have any problems with it. When this one dies I'll get another Acer. I use their CS in the begining to see if I changed the Vista to XP and yes was the answer and it didn't hurt the warrenty. Now I'm running W7 and it runs great also.

I can take your word on this now too. We got a Acer Laptop in at my store! Don't remember the exact model but this baby has 4Gb ram, 320 GB HDD, and a core 2 Duo...But it's NICE! It's quite scratched up but I got a deal on it for around $220.

Pretty much like Dlewis said, the sooner you find a problem the eaiser it is to get it fixed. First thing eeryone should do with a new purchase of any kind is run it through its paces. (yes women included ) They sooner you return them the less grief for everyone involved. But wait 30 days and everyone gets used to the idea its yours. Within 24 hours I don't know of anything that is hard to return. [geek]