Unable To View Windows Media Streaming Video

dn0

A strange problem has cropped up on my home PC recently. I am unable to view streaming Windows Media Video either in a web page or in WMP 11 itself.

I was geeking earlier and wanted to watch the Shuttle dock on NASA TV and was unable to.

The player gives me the error in the attachment below and this link gives the error code:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.5721.5268&id=C00D1197&contextid=90&originalid=C00D001A

I have tried other streams and get the same error.

I did finally find the Quicktime links on NASA's web site and I am able to view the stream that way.

Ideas?

post-1062-127402867357_thumb.png

• 1 month later...

A strange problem has cropped up on my home PC recently. I am unable to view streaming Windows Media Video either in a web page or in WMP 11 itself.

I was geeking earlier and wanted to watch the Shuttle dock on NASA TV and was unable to.

The player gives me the error in the attachment below and this link gives the error code:

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/webhelp/default.aspx?&mpver=11.0.5721.5268&id=C00D1197&contextid=90&originalid=C00D001A

I have tried other streams and get the same error.

I did finally find the Quicktime links on NASA's web site and I am able to view the stream that way.

Ideas?

Supported WMP Extensions

MP4. :/

I use the K-Lite Codec pack available here > K-Lite Codec Pack