Cox Ultimate Tier In Arizona

threegsus

Yesterday I called Cox to see if anyone there could give me a more precise window on Ultimate (50/5mbps) Tier availability than RSN (Real Soon Now). To my great surprise, a courteous and competent sales staffer informed me that it was already available in Tempe and he could activate it immediately with no installation charge because I was Premier Tier. All I needed to do was reboot my SB6120 and put the pedal to the metal! An added $10 to $85 total per month doubled my bandwidth both transmit and receive. My little network flies now, both PCs and Macs, wired and wireless.

I'll pull some tests on an iMac 3.33GHz thru a Linksys WRT610N, first wired:

share-YP1ASDZ2I&dual=yes&q2=VEN4P6BAI&.png

now wireless (~25 feet):

share-JQG501X6A&dual=yes&q2=PMSZADOHJ&.png

I'm satisfied.

Regards

Very nice, I just moved to Awatukee myself and have been using Qwest Fiberoptic 40/20. You're like right down the street from me. Internet is plentiful here for sure. You definitely got me beat on the download. But I spoke with a Qwest fiber tech the other day who told me that in August they will be offering 100/60 for the same price I'm paying. That's friggen insane.

Imagine if you will, a world where everyone holds a Gigabit + internet connection in their pocket... It will happen eventually.

Here's my logged stats... If you see stats below 35Mbps down and 13Mbps up they are most likely me testing off of various laptops and mobile devices that come through my home. I own this site so I always like to see how the tests perform on every internet connected device I come across... and of course it's good to know what some of these devices can do.

Let me know if you'd ever like to write any tech related articles or reviews for testmy.net.

-D

Yesterday I called Cox to see if anyone there could give me a more precise window on Ultimate (50/5mbps) Tier availability than RSN (Real Soon Now). To my great surprise, a courteous and competent sales staffer informed me that it was already available in Tempe and he could activate it immediately with no installation charge because I was Premier Tier. All I needed to do was reboot my SB6120 and put the pedal to the metal! An added $10 to $85 total per month doubled my bandwidth both transmit and receive. My little network flies now, both PCs and Macs, wired and wireless.

I'll pull some tests on an iMac 3.33GHz thru a Linksys WRT610N, first wired:

share-YP1ASDZ2I&dual=yes&q2=VEN4P6BAI&.png

now wireless (~25 feet):

share-JQG501X6A&dual=yes&q2=PMSZADOHJ&.png

I'm satisfied.

Regards

Very nice, I just moved to Awatukee myself and have been using Qwest Fiberoptic 40/20. You're like right down the street from me. Internet is plentiful here for sure. You definitely got me beat on the download. But I spoke with a Qwest fiber tech the other day who told me that in August they will be offering 100/60 for the same price I'm paying. That's friggen insane.

Since its not really fiber, but rather FTTN, 100/60 is going to be hard for them to push reliably over any great distance with VDSL2. Your gonna have to be insanely close to the VRAD after 1500 feet or so VDSL2 wont be able to push anything faster then 100 Mbps. Maybe if AT&T or someone finally gets line bonding working in the field then this might be possible.