Verizon Dsl Help...

wyantm06

Hello all! I recently moved and had gotten Verizon DSL. I am suppose to be getting 6.2 MB but for some reason when I do a speed test all I get is 5.37 MB down. I am using the 6100G Westell modem (bridged) to a Linksys WRT54G2. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello all! I recently moved and had gotten Verizon DSL. I am suppose to be getting 6.2 MB but for some reason when I do a speed test all I get is 5.37 MB down. I am using the 6100G Westell modem (bridged) to a Linksys WRT54G2. Any help would be appreciated.

Is your speed supposed to be at 6.2Mbps or is there overhead taken off that, so you end up a bit slower? Which makes your speed number about right.

With the Telus DSL that I am on, my package is 6Mbps, but my speed is 5.2Mbps due to 'over head'. The faster the speed package, the more overhead to deal with.

Can that modem see it's "tranceiver stats", or line stats. which is attenuation, etc. Since the distance to the node and line noise would affect maximum speeds.

Is your speed supposed to be at 6.2Mbps or is there overhead taken off that, so you end up a bit slower? Which makes your speed number about right.

With the Telus DSL that I am on, my package is 6Mbps, but my speed is 5.2Mbps due to 'over head'. The faster the speed package, the more overhead to deal with.

Can that modem see it's "tranceiver stats", or line stats. which is attenuation, etc. Since the distance to the node and line noise would affect maximum speeds.

I am paying for 7.1 MB speed and on my Verizon page it says I am suppose to get the 6.2. I am only getting 5 something.

I am paying for 7.1 MB speed and on my Verizon page it says I am suppose to get the 6.2. I am only getting 5 something.

Originally I was suppose to get 7.2 Mbps. After Verizon did the test on my line, when I login into Verizon's 192.168.1.1 page it says 6.2 Mbps. When I do a speed test all I result in is 5.2. I will be giving Verizon a call tomorrow, but wanted to try and fix it without them. Love their service but customer support sucks!