Bit Torrent

bosanac

oh yea,, does anyone know if its illegal to download fansubs of anime? thats what i mainly use bittorrent for, because america doesnt get everything Asia does, so the good ppl @ Asia record episodes and put subtitles on them, and im pretty sure that recording stuff from TV is legal, and as long as ur not charging ppl, u can distribute it

but just wanted to make sure :)

(btw, the animes i download are not the 'copyrighted' americanized ones....i get the real deal, in japanese ones...)

oh yea,, does anyone know if its illegal to download fansubs of anime? thats what i mainly use bittorrent for, because america doesnt get everything Asia does, so the good ppl @ Asia record episodes and put subtitles on them, and im pretty sure that recording stuff from TV is legal, and as long as ur not charging ppl, u can distribute it

but just wanted to make sure :)

(btw, the animes i download are not the 'copyrighted' americanized ones....i get the real deal, in japanese ones...)

;) The best way 2no is if it has a copyright statement it may not be.....or if the person that owns the rights doesnt care its OK, most all of the dont care stuff is in the public domain....things coming from other countries have their own laws and if its not against their law there then generally its allowed by our government as long as it wasnt stolen from someone or a corp... Ya might be able to tell from the site that you are downloading from....

know what's funny, about.com listed the top 27 bittorrent websites in an article  :D.  I won't say where to find it other than it was on the front page about 2 weeks ago.  The article listed some sites I never heard of previously, but so far they've been good.  I don't care for downloading movies, as I get a better experience going to them w/ friends in a 6.1 speaker setup (maybe more... better than at home).

If you worry about downloading stuff, move to canada, they don't have laws against copyright stuff... yet  ;)

when i try to download something off of novatina.com this is the error message i get a message that says...c:/documents and seetings/HP_ownerlocal settingstemporary internet filescontent.ie5l9xu3a1kproject%20a%20series%20(2004(%20digitally%20remastered%20dvdrip%20ac3&20team%20apex{1}.torrent

Invalid menu handle  :angry2::angry3::confused1::whaa::angry5:

http://www.btsites.tk/

LOTS of websites

the best ones are there

torrentspy.com is the biggest one at the moment but will be back tuesday it has been down cause of a faulty HD or maybe MPAA installing some spy software dont know

torrentbox has the tracker in china, so i dont think they will shut down soon, that one is ok for music stuff