New Pc Case Problem

martylemoo

Hi,

I have just replaced my case and now when i start the pc (Asus A7N266-VM Board, Athlon xp 2000 cpu 512k ram) i get an annoying siren type noise from the on board speaker and the pc shows nothing on the screen. Any idea why it would be doing this i am presuming something has been put back wron but i have double checked and it still does it.

Cheers

Martyn

be sure all connections (IDE cable, wires to motherboard) are correctly oriented,  The HDD is a big one especially if you have a cable that has no blockers.  Make sure everything is correctly inserted.  I'd go through and rebuild from scratch (taking everything out) and then putting it back together to make sure it's done correctly.  But yeah, the wires are a biggie that connect to the motherboard. 

ok,

update, i replaced everything putting back just the minimum needed to run the system to eliminate other components causing the problem. The siren type beeping has now stopped. The pc starts to boot but after 5 secs it shuts down I cannot  get it to do anything other than run for 5 secs. Any clues?

Update.

I have now tried the motherboard setup outside of any case, the problem is still there. I reset the BIOS and the pc started to runas per normal i set the bios up, rebooted and it got as far as the xp screen then shut down. Every time i restart it does the same sometimes it gets slighty further eg 5-6 secs more but it always shuts down before getting to the desktop. I cannot fathom this out, why would just changing the case cause all these problems?  I am wondering about the power supply, could it be that it is not quite powerful enough? would that cause these symptoms?

Thanks for your help

Cheers

Martyn