Bell Hpsa

inuk101

Anyone here using Bells HPSA ?? or is there a group assigned to the service ? I'm interested in connecting with rural subscribers. Finally got out of Xplornets grip after 3 years of hell !! Pretty impressed with Bell so far.

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 4357 Kbps about 4.36 Mbps (tested with 6144 kB)

Download Speed is:: 532 kB/s

Upload Connection is:: 1581 Kbps about 1.6 Mbps (tested with 2992 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 193 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Main)

Test Time:: 2010-07-27 18:37:33 GMT

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-61UPGAFZR

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/stats/id-CRJHTMSP1

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_5_8; en-US) AppleWebKit/533.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/5.0.375.99 Safari/533.4 [!]

I am new as well to the Bell HPSA network--Bell Turbo Hub and I as well am very impressed. Located outside Minden Ontario--very hilly and rocky--lots of evergreens to obstruct signal--but doing not bad. Installed an outdoor Yagi Antenna and will also be adding an amplifyer to maximize signal. Downloads and uploads are pretty much the same at 2mbs--I cant believe the upload speeds!!! I cant wait to see what the amp.does for my speeds.Also am able to use voice over ( magic jack) for first time--awsome.

I as well have ended a 2 year stint with xplornet (Hughes) and cancelled a year early--so on top of having to put up with satellite and spending over 100.00 a month--I have a 312.00 early cancellation fee!!

I will make that back in first 6 months--this new Bell deal is 1/4 the price as well. Only drawback is, it can get expensive for anyone doing alot of downloading of movies, music ect. After 10 gigabit in a month--it costs1.5cents per mb--I highly doubt I will go over the 10gigabit package. :smiley6600:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Banjoboy, our overage is charged @ 0.015cents/M. We've just completed our first month, the speeds are still great but we went over our 10G $60 limit by 14.5G for a cost of $218.40 !! Total plan, overages and tax came to $314.60. For sure I have mixed feelings about this. Happy we have decent bandwidth but again feeling like Rural Canada is sorely taken advantage of. I phoned Bell asking if there were bulk data plans but they have non. For sure Rural Canada is an internet backwater held hostage to greedy corporations and an inept government. Viz Finland, (similar terrain, population as Ontario) where the entire country is hardwired and where cost to access are a third of what we pay. Pffft.

Hey Banjoboy, our overage is charged @ 0.015cents/M. We've just completed our first month, the speeds are still great but we went over our 10G $60 limit by 14.5G for a cost of $218.40 !! Total plan, overages and tax came to $314.60. For sure I have mixed feelings about this. Happy we have decent bandwidth but again feeling like Rural Canada is sorely taken advantage of. I phoned Bell asking if there were bulk data plans but they have non. For sure Rural Canada is an internet backwater held hostage to greedy corporations and an inept government. Viz Finland, (similar terrain, population as Ontario) where the entire country is hardwired and where cost to access are a third of what we pay. Pffft.

Some wireless(cellular) ISP's in the States will slow down your connection when you hit the limit(no overage charges on some). Instead of just letting the user run full speed and really racking up the overage charges.

Telus gives users a free first month of technnically unlimited GB's to let the user understand how much data they can do via the wireless stick. And now a floating pay limit to the next GB pay scale(500MB, 1GB, 2GB, 5GB), if the user goes over their bottom plan of 500MB's.

There is a slow worldwide movement to actually warn users that they are about to hit their limit. And possibly shut it down when roaming in another country. To prevent massive charges of $10,000 for data use.

Edited by zalternate