Can't Run Automatic Test

jim2035

When I'm signed on and select automatic test, I'm sent to the broadband forum sign in page. This puts me in an endless loop, no auto test.

If I run manual tests, the quickstats only show uploads, I have to select computer ID to see up & down.

I've had this problem for several days.

There actually was was a note made to the scheduled test page regarding this. The problem was fixed last night with the combined test (what the scheduled test relies on) Although, in researching the problem for you I did catch a couple of other bugs with the the scheduled test related to these changes that were causing issues.

Here's my results from a test I just ran with the combined test. (the com

:::.. testmy.net test results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 28033 Kbps about 28.03 Mbps (tested with 25600 kB)

Download Speed is:: 3422 kB/s or 3.4 MB/s

Upload Connection is:: 5996 Kbps about 6 Mbps (tested with 5983 kB)

Upload Speed is:: 732 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net (Dallas, TX USA)

Test Time:: 2010-09-16 13:26:29 GMT

D-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/WELZSV20Q

U-Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/NI8X7RWJH

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.3 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/6.0.472.55 Safari/534.3 [!]

I also ran a scheduled test and results are outputting fine for me now. Along with normal logging the way it should be.

This was a pretty major change that caused this to happen. I actually got a root canal yesterday and the days prior I wasn't really on the top of my game because of all the pain I was in. This should be 100% fixed now. Please run a combined test or scheduled test and let me know that it's working fine for you now.

Also, thank you for reporting this. This site is under constant development and I really rely on input from my awesome users like you. Sometimes I can miss things, no matter how much I test the system... especially given the amount of tooth pain I was in prior to my root canal. :evil6:

Actually one more minute... a little logging issue.

Okay, it's good now. For a minute there it was logging all the upload results, including the forwarded tests... it's obviously only supposed to log the final results. When it comes to programming, you change one thing and it can have effect on other things... those things can then have effect on other things. As a programmer you really have to try to think of all the consequences of every action you take far in advance. It can be quite maddening at times.

Please let me know if it's either working fine now or if you're still seeing any problems... so I can mark this ticket resolved. :)

- Damon

... especially given the amount of tooth pain I was in prior to my root canal. :evil6:

eh stop your belly aching (AKA...tooth aching) faker...hahaha...jk...glad it's all over for you...bout time you got that taken care of...guess you didn't have a choice this time

eh stop your belly aching (AKA...tooth aching) faker...hahaha...jk...glad it's all over for you...bout time you got that taken care of...guess you didn't have a choice this time

Tell ya what.. this time, now that I have a dentist I like, after all the work is done that I need done... I won't be missing another appointment. :)

I'm going to mark this resolved and close the topic.