Sony Sucks

nanobot

(Unfortunately I need to rant.)

So I have recently been trying to burn a copy of a Windows 7 Pro DVD I have, and I think that Sony and Memorex have it out for me.

EVERY FREAKING COMBINATION OF PROGRAMS AND SETTINGS FAILS.

I have a PERFECT ISO. But the Sony Drive, or the Memorex DVD, hates me. They can't seem to burn correctly EVER.

Ok, rant over. Just a heads up for the future. Sony and Memorex hate each other. (I know it's not the comp, as I have done this before with different DVD's and a different Drive.)

Thanks,

EBrown

And Drive. But I no longer have any DVD burners laying around. And I only have Memorex's left. (I knew I didn't use them for a reason. >.<)

Thanks,

EBrown

Update: I finally got it. Dual-Layer Verbatim disks work. (I really didn't want to waste an 8GB disk on a 2.5GB file though. :'( )

Thanks,

EBrown

My first thought would be the alignment of the laser in the drive , or the drive isnt able to detect the media to set the laser power properly. As each different media type requires different power to the laser, it's written on the media itself. And is the first thing the drive detects.

Only reason this came up is I have had a very similar issue myself. Turned out to be a I/O issue with the drive itself due to the above.

I mostly use Verbatim or Ridata. Out of the last 300-400 CD's and DVD's I've burnt with them I've only had ONE coaster.

(coaster is a term for a bad burn for anyone that doesn't know... basically means that it's only good for putting your drink on at that point)

Back in the day coasters were so common that my friend Jay wallpapered his entire bedroom in bad burns and still had hundreds extra... haha. Imagine an entire room covered in CDs, it was cool and tacky at the same time.

I mostly use Verbatim or Ridata. Out of the last 300-400 CD's and DVD's I've burnt with them I've only had ONE coaster.

(coaster is a term for a bad burn for anyone that doesn't know... basically means that it's only good for putting your drink on at that point)

Back in the day coasters were so common that my friend Jay wallpapered his entire bedroom in bad burns and still had hundreds extra... haha. Imagine an entire room covered in CDs, it was cool and tacky at the same time.

A friend from school has 85 DVD's tied into a curtain in their bedroom.

Unfortunately I now have 6 coasters. And one success. (Pisses me off.)

Though I did learn something, I love Verbatim. They have been burning beastfully. :)

Thanks,

EBrown

Verbatim and I had a little issue , like a several hundred dollar issue. I bought a case for in the shop some time ago and next thing i know , I have dozens of returns , turned out I had a bunk run. I always used them and sold them before that , but I have a sour taste in the pocketbook since them lol

The old 3.5 floppies were virtually flawless.

(Unfortunately I need to rant.)

So I have recently been trying to burn a copy of a Windows 7 Pro DVD I have, and I think that Sony and Memorex have it out for me.

EVERY FREAKING COMBINATION OF PROGRAMS AND SETTINGS FAILS.

I have a PERFECT ISO. But the Sony Drive, or the Memorex DVD, hates me. They can't seem to burn correctly EVER.

Ok, rant over. Just a heads up for the future. Sony and Memorex hate each other. (I know it's not the comp, as I have done this before with different DVD's and a different Drive.)

Thanks,

EBrown

You might check your drivers for the Sony, my Sony came with my Gateway PC, everything went great until I had to do a clean-install of vista and Microsoft did away with the original drivers and installed their generic drivers, and they did not work for the Sony, and my original OS disk wouldn't work either because Microsoft had me to download SP-2, they worked with me for about a month trying to get the Sony to work to no avail, then they sent me one of their repair disks and had me do a in-place up date, now the Sony still doesn't work, the firewall drivers in my AVG Professional are corrupted, and more wrong with corrupted drivers. They finally admitted to me that their drivers were at fault with the Sony but it seems like the more their tech support fixes the worse shape my PC is getting in. There's my little rant, and you might have the same thing going on with your Sony if they have updated your drivers for your Sony. DC

You might check your drivers for the Sony, my Sony came with my Gateway PC, everything went great until I had to do a clean-install of vista and Microsoft did away with the original drivers and installed their generic drivers, and they did not work for the Sony, and my original OS disk wouldn't work either because Microsoft had me to download SP-2, they worked with me for about a month trying to get the Sony to work to no avail, then they sent me one of their repair disks and had me do a in-place up date, now the Sony still doesn't work, the firewall drivers in my AVG Professional are corrupted, and more wrong with corrupted drivers. They finally admitted to me that their drivers were at fault with the Sony but it seems like the more their tech support fixes the worse shape my PC is getting in. There's my little rant, and you might have the same thing going on with your Sony if they have updated your drivers for your Sony. DC

interesting...

And Drive. But I no longer have any DVD burners laying around. And I only have Memorex's left. (I knew I didn't use them for a reason. >.<)

Thanks,

EBrown

Update: I finally got it. Dual-Layer Verbatim disks work. (I really didn't want to waste an 8GB disk on a 2.5GB file though. :'( )

Thanks,

EBrown

Send me a box I will send you a burner!!