Windows 7 Professional Or Windows Server 2008?

nanobot

Well, it's going to be a development computer for my Visual Studio stuff, as well as for school work, and I plan to use it to administrate the rest of the computers here. (There are only 6. Not a big deal.) And I also use it for misc other stuff. I just don't know if IIS is really worth it?

Thanks,

EBrown

Well, it's going to be a development computer for my Visual Studio stuff, as well as for school work, and I plan to use it to administrate the rest of the computers here. (There are only 6. Not a big deal.) And I also use it for misc other stuff. I just don't know if IIS is really worth it?

Thanks,

EBrown

My personal opinion, IIS is a joke stay away from it. You couldn't pay me enough to use it. If your using it for development put apache on it and call it a day.

I have always had problems with IIS and have friends asking me how to fix things in it all the time.

My personal opinion, IIS is a joke stay away from it. You couldn't pay me enough to use it. If your using it for development put apache on it and call it a day.

I have always had problems with IIS and have friends asking me how to fix things in it all the time.

Alright, I will go with Windows 7 Pro then. Since I currently use Vista and I don't use IIS on it, so I will go with Apache then. (As my current setup is Apache, PHP and MySQL. :) )

Choices are many ebrown , try centOS , or SME server , any unix server you can get your hands on , thats been updated in the last 5 years will do the trick. Unless of course you must have windows.

Windows is unfortunately, necessary, as I do Visual Studio which is Windows Only.

Thanks,

EBrown

• 2 weeks later...