2. 2. How long before julia gillard is rolled like rudd

• She will servive HEY HEY ......
    • she'll be gone for chrissy
    • when bill shorton gives her a pump
    • RUDD will try to take over again
    • she'll go rudd style
    • When swanny runs out of world money.
    • ALL OF THE ABOVE

I would love to open up a server in Australia. Just have to find affordable hosting. Currently only 1% of testmy.net's traffic comes from there.

Tell your friends about the site... if more people come from a country it gives me even more reason to go to the expense of a server there.

Over the next year I hope to build up a large list of world servers. Canada, United Kingdom, India / Asia, Central / South America and Australia are already on my to-do list. It's just a matter of finding suitable VPS hosting at a good price point.

The difference between how I do things and how some other guys with many test locations do things is that my mirrors aren't donations. I did that in the past and found that it's very hard to keep track of the server quality... so I stopped doing it. What's the point if half the servers can't be trusted. ... leads people to question the reliability of the servers that can be trusted.

Just to let you know... going off my traffic statistics for Australia, the mirror will most likely be hosted on your East Coast. Sidney or Melbourne. I have to first do research to see how the internet pipelines run across your country.

Again, please tell your friends. This site is word-of-mouth ;)

To the best of my knowledge internet access in Australia tends to be monopolistic aka silly bandwidth caps (think < 10 GB for a 8/1 connection or so), or hardly available at all if you're not in the most densely populated regions. If there was something sane that could push rules/fines on ISPs an accurate testing site would be very useful. Cynical me says there isn't one.

Also CA3LE, Germany and Holland are very central to Europe and have the server connections you need for sure.

To the best of my knowledge internet access in Australia tends to be monopolistic aka silly bandwidth caps (think < 10 GB for a 8/1 connection or so), or hardly available at all if you're not in the most densely populated regions. If there was something sane that could push rules/fines on ISPs an accurate testing site would be very useful. Cynical me says there isn't one.

Also CA3LE, Germany and Holland are very central to Europe and have the server connections you need for sure.

That actually really isn't the problem. The problem in Australia is there isn't enough bandwidth to go around. There is only a handful of transit going to the country and with the amount of people they just don't have enough to go around.

And it doesn't just affect the citizens, if you buy a server in Australia you will get a insanely low amount of bandwidth. Check here http://www.dedicatedserversaustralia.com.au/virtual-servers/virtual-linux-servers.html for $500 a month you only get 500 GB of bandwidth. In the US you could get 2 full servers with 100 TB of bandwidth each and still have money left over every month.

The Australian government is trying to change that buy running fiber to everyones door so they all get 100 Mbps but its going to take a very long time to do and they still will have the problem with little transit to the country.

Then I guess my source was wrong. But still, that does make me wonder why there's so little (if any) being done to upgrade those underpowered intercontinental connections. If the government prefers to spend money on local wiring, that kinda implies they prefer to keep Australia mostly secluded from the rest of the interwebs.

• 1 year later...

Then I guess my source was wrong. But still, that does make me wonder why there's so little (if any) being done to upgrade those underpowered intercontinental connections. If the government prefers to spend money on local wiring, that kinda implies they prefer to keep Australia mostly secluded from the rest of the interwebs.

From what I gather Australia is a rather secluded country anyhow , talking to a few over there they many times cannot see content that we in the US can, they have strict imports, and hardly no food imported. So it surprises me not that the country doesn't see the need to expand there data infrastructure.