Too Fragmented?

AlucardHS

Do you feel that Android is indeed too fragmented? How does this impact users?

Here's a Steve Job's rank on the whole Fragmented vs Integrated issue.

I personally feel that both platforms are awesome. My girlfriends dad got an iPhone 4 and after playing with it I'm very impressed. I have a Motorola DriodX and love everything about it. If I were offered a trade, even if the iPhone was on Verizon's network... I'm not sure if I would do it because of how happy I am with my phone.

Now, one thing to understand is that Google has left their product open to competitive distribution. Buying an apple product is cool because you know what you're getting... you know that your getting quality hardware backed by quality software. But that doesn't mean that the same can't be true for Android. If you buy a quality model you're going to be happy. I have seen people with problems with Android but it's usually on lesser models, I'm sorry.. but you get what you pay for.

Having said that, I think the approach that Google has taken is cool. They leave the public open to options... and the market open to competition. Apple on the other hand... well... your only real option is how much storage space you want. BUT, as I said... it's a quality piece of hardware.

For me... Android is the best option.

How does it impact users... well, for starters on iPhone.. when you download an app chances are that it will work as intended because there are far less variables. But on Android the same can be true... just make sure you get a good phone, lol. Like I said, I have the DroidX, I haven't seen any apps that didn't work properly. My girlfriend has the HTC Droid Incredible... her phone also works perfectly. Just don't buy a piece of junk and you should be happy with it. :-P -- READ REVIEWS BEFORE YOU PURCHASE. -- An iPhone on the other hand, for the most part, is an iPhone...

Android or iPhone... whatever you buy will be outdated in a week anyways :haha:

Ok this new title is not what I wanted

Change back I prefer to keep my own unique topic titles and not be boring with them.

thx

and hi

With a title of simply, "yup" people who are searching have a hard time finding this. It was changed so that more people will read your post and you'll get more response. I only very rarely do that... but I will especially change the topic title if it contains only 3 letters. "Yup" doesn't provide users or search engines with any relevant information as to what this topic is about...

you do want people to read and respond to this, don't you?

With a title of simply, "yup" people who are searching have a hard time finding this. It was changed so that more people will read your post and you'll get more response. I only very rarely do that... but I will especially change the topic title if it contains only 3 letters. "Yup" doesn't provide users or search engines with any relevant information as to what this topic is about...

you do want people to read and respond to this, don't you?

This wont be hard to find its so small and simple and out of the ordanary. Honestly i dont care if this is not found on search engines but i know people will read it due to curiosity. Oh i wonder what this is? As for a responce i have this in about 3 other places im just collecting info on opions. Im not trying to turn this into a this vs that as the current title is doing.

This wont be hard to find its so small and simple and out of the ordanary. Honestly i dont care if this is not found on search engines but i know people will read it due to curiosity. Oh i wonder what this is? As for a responce i have this in about 3 other places im just collecting info on opions. Im not trying to turn this into a this vs that as the current title is doing.

Well, I changed it so it doesn't look like a battle thread.... you can make a title that peaks curiosity but a simple title of "yup" is too short. We change titles when they're that short, sorry.

... but seriously, this topic is now mostly just our banter.. :2funny:

Well, I changed it so it doesn't look like a battle thread.... you can make a title that peaks curiosity but a simple title of "yup" is too short. We change titles when they're that short, sorry.

... but seriously, this topic is now mostly just our banter.. :2funny:

hey my banters are epicly awsome ! and i can work with this title

ill get to this tomarrow in the morning with my opion too tired