Building A New Pc

Ryan314

Hello everyone, haven't been on here in a while but I figured I'd post here as I trust the opinions of the TMN members. I'm building a new computer, I already have the case and powersupply. The case is an ATX Rosewill coolermaster and the PSU is a 530 watt (should handle my pc for now). I'm going to order the rest of the parts I need tonight and I wanted to see what you guys thought about the parts I chose. I'll provide the links below. Thanks a lot!

MOBO : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131646

CPU : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

MEM : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139046

there's what I plan on ordering for now. As stated above I already have a case, PSU, HDD, and a dvd-rom drive until I decide to upgrade the rest of it.

Hello everyone, haven't been on here in a while but I figured I'd post here as I trust the opinions of the TMN members. I'm building a new computer, I already have the case and powersupply. The case is an ATX Rosewill coolermaster and the PSU is a 530 watt (should handle my pc for now). I'm going to order the rest of the parts I need tonight and I wanted to see what you guys thought about the parts I chose. I'll provide the links below. Thanks a lot!

MOBO : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131646

CPU : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819103727

MEM : http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820139046

there's what I plan on ordering for now. As stated above I already have a case, PSU, HDD, and a dvd-rom drive until I decide to upgrade the rest of it.

The motherboard is good. The CPU is good. But get more ram. Go with 8 GB. You also need to get more then 1 DIMM so you can get at least dual-channel support.

The motherboard is good. The CPU is good. But get more ram. Go with 8 GB. You also need to get more then 1 DIMM so you can get at least dual-channel support.

I was thinking about just getting two of those 4 gig sticks, how do you think that would work?

also will this psu work with everything for the time being?

Edit: last link didnt work

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817152028

that's the one I have.

Edited by Ryan314

I agree , try and run dual channel. There's some that claim 4 / 2 gig dimms will out perform 2 / 4 gig but that all depends on the bus speed as well as other motherboard qualities. Just make sure to keep it as cool as possible and your golden , but you knew that already :)

need to add~

As for the power supply, the entire system relies on it, some will say you don't need much , or a great one , but as far as I'm concerned , it's more important then any other component in your system. If you have a little extra to spend on anything at all , spend it on the power supply by all means.

I agree , try and run dual channel. There's some that claim 4 / 2 gig dimms will out perform 2 / 4 gig but that all depends on the bus speed as well as other motherboard qualities. Just make sure to keep it as cool as possible and your golden , but you knew that already :)

I plan on going past 8 gigs eventually so I figure I'll plan ahead by getting the 4 gig sticks so when I do want to go to 12 or even 16 i'll have the spare slots on my MOBO. As for now, I plan on getting the parts listed above in my links and running that for a week or two before I get some more cash. I'll then buy another 4 gig stick and an improved PSU. But for now I'm gonna run the 1 4 gig stick and get everything settled. :)

I plan on going past 8 gigs eventually so I figure I'll plan ahead by getting the 4 gig sticks so when I do want to go to 12 or even 16 i'll have the spare slots on my MOBO. As for now, I plan on getting the parts listed above in my links and running that for a week or two before I get some more cash. I'll then buy another 4 gig stick and an improved PSU. But for now I'm gonna run the 1 4 gig stick and get everything settled. :)

Sounds as if you have a game plan :)

BTW , nice to hear from you man !

Sounds as if you have a game plan :)

BTW , nice to hear from you man !

yeah I've been a neurotic lately trying to figure out what I want to do with this build.

and thanks man :) I've been away from TMN for a while now, it's about time I come back. It seems like there aren't as many users on as there used to be, are the boards starting to slow down?

Iv'e been really busy myself lately, as for tmn slowing down , as we've all seen many times in the past , there's patterns of flow in forums and websites. The board switch was a hit on the seo functions but it's well on it's way of making a great recovery, he new board is fantastic yes ? :) And testing is really taken a nice turn for the better as well wow

yeah I've been a neurotic lately trying to figure out what I want to do with this build.

and thanks man :) I've been away from TMN for a while now, it's about time I come back. It seems like there aren't as many users on as there used to be, are the boards starting to slow down?

1. Nice PC setup. I would go with 2 4Gig sticks as Dual-Channel = Pro. (Even my Celeron D 4.0 Ghz, with DDRII 533mhz Dual Channel runs fast. :) )

2. You have to remember that a LOT of the forums changed in a SHORT time.

Thanks,

EBrown

1. Nice PC setup. I would go with 2 4Gig sticks as Dual-Channel = Pro. (Even my Celeron D 4.0 Ghz, with DDRII 533mhz Dual Channel runs fast. :) )

2. You have to remember that a LOT of the forums changed in a SHORT time.

Thanks,

EBrown

yeah that's what I'm gonna go with, 2x (4 gig). I wasn't even aware that the forums changed recently as this topic was my first post in months. I like the new look, though! :D

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Got all of my parts except for the new graphics card I want ( saving up some more money)

Everything is running extremely well and I couldn't be more happy :)

Hi Ryan

nothing beats a new build , happiness is booting to a working O/s ,

well it sure beats bleep codes , and a blank screen :cheesy: