Secure Sites

mospeed

How come I could access them when I first got this crap? Now after a month and a half of calls and so called tech support still nothing? We will transfer you to advanced support. And the phone hangs up. I'm pissed. Can't use it on my online trading site and now I can't use it to do basic online banking. Can you guys help? Thanks in advance.

R U getting an error message by any chance? connection refused or something like that?

I was told by a towel head to use this in the proxy settings https 66.250.69.2 port 81

I dont use it myself so I cant tell you if it works or not.

Mospeed - I cant remember what tweak it was i tried but it did the same thing to me, I could not access any secure sites or sites that required you to log in.

But what i can tell you is that i reloaded my direcway software, ran the web setup and it fixed the problem. I must have removed something by accident that caused the same problem you are having.

Mospeed - I cant remember what tweak it was i tried but it did the same thing to me, I could not access any secure sites or sites that required you to log in.

But what i can tell you is that i reloaded my DirecWay software, ran the web setup and it fixed the problem. I must have removed something by accident that caused the same problem you are having.

I guess your using the DW4000, not sure what the other guy is running, never thought to ask, I am running the all wonderful speed deamon DW6000, lets post these stats so we know what we are talking about.

mospeed ...seems to me that Mydirecway has something on their help site in regards to this....though it didn't help me when I had the problem. I went back in my XP operating system and did a restore from a time before the problem...that fixed it.. :D

might want to check in internet options under advanced tab & ensure that under the heading

HTTP 1.1 Settings that use HTTP 1.1 & use HTTP 1.1 through proxy connections are both

unchecked....seems to me that has someting to do with secure sites

also in internet options/connections/lan settings/advanced....have you tried leaving all the fields blank...except the HTTP field.....i have no proxies or ports listed in anything except HTTP....& have never had any probs with secure sites(other than they are quite slower to load) & my stock market software works just fine once it connects....but i am using dw4000...so maybe its different....i did try the 66.119.33.116 port 8000 in my http field & it worked pretty well....normally it is set to 127.0.0.1 port 85 or port 83...

can also substitute localhost in place of 127.0.0.1 & it works the same too