Gaming Consoles

mudmanc4

4 members have voted

1. 1. Which Gaming Console is the best

Considering moving my boy from the PS2 to something a little more updated.

If you have a console ( or version ) that needs added to the poll say so and we'll put it up. Also any comments will be helpful. thanks :)

I voted PS3.

How old is he now?

Thanks,

EBrown

Age is a good question...

All three systems are good. Xbox has more titles. Wii is always fun. But I personally love my PS3. I recently exchanged it. But it was not because it failed at all... I hit the end of my two year term with best buy. Told them I wanted to get it all cleaned up before my contract was up and they changed me out with a clean referb. Runs faster and quieter than ever...

Apparently the older PS3s are sought after for their reliability. A friend of mine works for UPS and said he's seen over 1000 XBOXs being sent back. Over that same period only a hundred or so Wiis and a handful of playstations.

Ask your son what game titles he's interested in... if they are available on the playstation I would highly recommend you go that route.

The youngest is 11 and the oldest is going on 19.

We play cod4 , assassins creed , oblivion , GT4 and games like burnout all the way to indiana jones lego, crash blah blah to many you know. Some of which are on the mac.

I've always been one to use either a PC or mac for gaming , but he like to sit in front of the TV , so it's time to get a better console , so any help might be news to me anyhow , haha , thanks guys

We play cod4 , assassins creed , oblivion , GT4 and games like burnout all the way to indiana jones lego, crash blah blah to many you know. Some of which are on the mac.

I've always been one to use either a PC or mac for gaming , but he like to sit in front of the TV , so it's time to get a better console , so any help might be news to me anyhow , haha , thanks guys

If he likes to play games online with his friends and other people then Xbox is the way to go. The PS3's online gaming is total crap when compared to what is on the Xbox. The xbox just had much better social features then the PS3, and the Wii online is laughable.

If he's not into that then either a PS3 or Xbox is a good choice.

Xbox 360 All the way. PS3 is really overrated, because of the ages of them both, you are going to find more appropriate titles in the Xbox 360 world, than PS3 or Wii. Your younger son would like a Wii, and your older one would like a PS3/Xbox 360, but a good common ground is the Xbox 360.

I think you'll find that many of the more common PS3 titles are more 'M' rated, which means the 11 year old would not find them as much fun. On the other hand, much of the Wii games are 'E' or 'E 10+' rated, thus leaving them an option for the younger, but less appropriate for the older.

You can find Oblivion, Call of Duty, Lego Indiana Jones, Kung-Fu Panda, and many more for the Xbox 360. It offers a more wide-range of games for the whole family. Personally, I thought the Lego Indiana Jones was pretty cool for the 360. (I'm a teenager, as I think you know.) And I thoroughly enjoy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2.

All in all, I would choose the Xbox 360. You might also purchase a Kinect for it as the 11-year-old would love it.

(No I am not an Xbox Fanboy, in fact I hate Microsoft, but they did make a semi-decent console.)

Thanks,

EBrown

Thanks for all the info guy's.

My oldest is not here with me, wish he would come in here and comment on this.

Here's the thing , we have the drum set guitar for rock band, he plays drums , and refuses to play the damn things more then just to knock the dust off of it. I'm concerned about getting a Wii or something where he has to move anything more then his fingertips hahah

The age appropriate games he likes of course , but at the same time , he enjoys at the least watching as i play games such as assassins creed and bioshock ect , I'm sure if he sat down to them he'd do it, he's playing myst 4 right now , not really a graphically intensive game , but you have to think a little more then say the crash games. In which Id'e like to see him play more of.

I know some of the PS3 consoles will play PS2 games , do they all now or no ?

Thanks for everyones input , it's been very helpful so far.

the only console i have is the center console in my car...

oh and a nes packed away somewhere...confiscated from my kids for 30 days when my son wouldn't do his homework and chores...then sadly forgotten in a locked closet...by them hahaha

the only console i have is the center console in my car...

oh and a nes packed away somewhere...confiscated from my kids for 30 days when my son wouldn't do his homework and chores...then sadly forgotten in a locked closet...by them hahaha

Never had much luck with NES working consistently, but my girls love thier SNES. :angel::angel: They play it often. Got it cheap on Craigs list. Like $25 or something. By the way, I never figured you for one to have a console for getting in the way on a sideroad with opposite sex company. :twisted: Edited by tommie gorman