NEW SECRETE

Guest aerodude

Guest aerodude

When my installer was installing he said soon they will be coming out with satellite that downloads up to 400Mbps and uploads up to 40Mbps.. he said the satellites are suppose to be really closer to earth...i hope this would come out... :evil6:

Direct TV is putting up several new satelites this year to carry High Def programming so these might be what he is speaking about. Bottom line no one ever knows what technology will do. Who knows, I guarantee you when the I first got on BBS in the nineties with my 28.8 modem, If you told me the internet would turn into what it is now, I would have said no way.

The new satellite coming this year is [glow=blue,2,300]Spaceway[/glow]...question is what will the price be? The numbers may have changed since this article was written. It speaks of 16Mbps up, 30Mbps down...will soon see! The consumer speed mentions 2Mbps up. This project is several years old and was already scheduled to be in the air sometime ago....from what I have heard? I believe a company called Sea Launch will be putting it in orbit soon. This could't be the one he is talking about?

http://www.hns.com/HNS/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5B1C00C36BF513EF4DBEC64906158194CE%5D%5D

I wouldn't place a wager or argue either way....I do know it was supposed to be up quite a few years ago or at least talked about. Hughes is still posting about Spaceway for broadband as well as southernsky. At the same time you may be 100% correct....guess time will soon reveal the answer. I read somewhere else will have to think where....the article mentioned using it for broadband and HDTV, as well another sat to follow behind Spaceway as Spaceway2 ? Even if it carries internet capabilities we all know its going carry an extreme price tag. Myself I still believe something is going to improve somehow for broadband in the boonies.

http://www.southernsky.com/faq.htm#a44

http://www.hns.com/HNS/Rooms/DisplayPages/LayoutInitial?Container=com.webridge.entity.Entity%5BOID%5B1C00C36BF513EF4DBEC64906158194CE%5D%5D

If they totally stop trying to make satellite internet better. I think that's crap because cable and dsl users pay what 35$ a month? I paid 100$ for a year and then 50$ a month you think they could find the funds to make it better. Satellite has the worse upload and cost  way more than any other residential broadband. But im in the sticks so i have no choice. You would think with technology today every one in the u.s. could have broadband upload and download. Look at  england,,German, and china they are all pretty much fully covered with broadband availability. And the main reason i believe i read somewhere is because all of them countries had made plans for mass broadband expansion in which im sure they had to dip into their countries funds but still at least they have a "BROAD" span of broadband coverage. Makes me sick Lol but anyways enough cryin. No one cares about people in the boonies when it comes to broadband we get screwed we pay more for less. which it may cost more for them to supply it to us.  But i dunno im just a long time gamer that's tired of the 400 ping LOL well imma go before i write a book.

-Tim-

If they totally stop trying to make satellite internet better. I think that's crap because cable and dsl users pay what 35$ a month? I paid 100$ for a year and then 50$ a month you think they could find the funds to make it better. Satellite has the worse upload and cost

I would like to see a good dial up connection 45kbps or higher .....run a test side by side a satellite system. Web browsing from page to page ([glow=blue,2,300]aired on national TV[/glow]), all jokes aside dial up would put a up a race for the sat system! For downloading large file etc...no comparison, or if dial up connects at 26.6 like it does at my home...... sat wins. 45kbps however would be very close.

I have summited the request to Pitsburgh channel 4 news....no response as of yet!

i have it the worst.  Theres a cable line 1.5 miles down my road, but they wont run it any farther.  If they ran it to our house i wouldnt think twice about getting it, although im still stuck with direcway for 9 months or so.  maybe i could use the two connections together to get a high-speed, low latency connection for a crazy price :D

Oh MY Gawd!  You must be right down the road from me!? 

Same exact situation here for me as well.  I even offered to pay to have cable lines run to my home.  Still refused me.  It's getting sadder and meaner too.  Each neighbor directly next to me via North, West, South, East all have cable, but I suppose I own too many acres between homes?  Or big brother just wants to make life miserable 4 me!?

Jacqueline

i have it the worst.