Finished... I Think!

TriRan

i was bored so i figured what the hay maybe i can make some people jealous! just kidding. i think i'm finally done with my rig here are some pictures and here is also my network setup i just figured i'd post it to kill some time and maybe give some people ideas or inspiration

My Newly Installed H50 block and Radiator

post-3263-0-95566300-1296727698_thumb.jp

A Closer look at the block

post-3263-0-33665900-1296727703_thumb.jp

Main layout and all devices connected internally ( Close up )

post-3263-0-16431300-1296727708_thumb.jp

Main layout and all devices connected internally

post-3263-0-85687100-1296727712_thumb.jp

Video Card ( Close Up )

post-3263-0-83896100-1296727718_thumb.jp

Case 1

post-3263-0-70634000-1296727723_thumb.jp

Case 1 ( dark )

post-3263-0-04470200-1296727728_thumb.jp

Case 2 showing the fan mounted on the back side of the MB

post-3263-0-54436700-1296727731_thumb.jp

My Gigabit Switch and Wireless N Network adapter connecting 1 PC and 1 Server and an xbox 360 over 1 wireless adapter

post-3263-0-06179200-1296727736_thumb.jp

My Modem and Wireless G AP

post-3263-0-35440100-1296727740_thumb.jp

My Main Router and Wireless N AP

post-3263-0-19734300-1296728109_thumb.jp

All comments are welcome! good or bad

sure! here are my idle temps and full load temps i even got a test here that shows my system tested equal with an X6 1090T

idle temp

post-3263-0-40901100-1296766878_thumb.jp

as close to full load as i could get, my first attempt was trying to open 5 or 6 games but even that didn't peg all 4 cores

post-3263-0-36351200-1296766880_thumb.jp

and my test results

post-3263-0-09099700-1296766882_thumb.jp

i was bored so i figured what the hay maybe i can make some people jealous! just kidding. i think i'm finally done with my rig here are some pictures and here is also my network setup i just figured i'd post it to kill some time and maybe give some people ideas or inspiration

[condensed]

All comments are welcome! good or bad

Very nice, you know your cooling scheme is doing the job right when your idling near room temperature :-P. Cases look like they have nice ventilation too. And that radiator is SICK, next PC I build will definitely have one of those... the way you have that set up I'm sure that the benefit of that isn't just for the CPU, I'm sure it drops your whole under the hood temp, huh?

Very nice TriRan. I need to make some money so I can upgrade to more HDD, a better internet, and a Phenom II X6. :)

Thanks,

EBrown

I don't know dude, you had a pretty sweet setup last I heard.

Another good program to check your temperature for AMD CPU is Core temp. [ http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ ]

... Haven't used that one yet. I usually rock speedfan on my windows machines. I'll have to check that out some time.

Core temp is what I use on my AMD computer. On my Intel [ Xeon X3350 ] computer I use a program called Real Temp. It is suppose to be the most accurate for temp on a Intel base computer. Here a picture of Real Temp on my computer running at near 100% Folding. I am cheating a little bit, my rad in sitting in the window pulling cold [ 40F degrees ] air from outside.

post-2-0-95037000-1296964436_thumb.jpg

I don't know dude, you had a pretty sweet setup last I heard.

... Haven't used that one yet. I usually rock speedfan on my windows machines. I'll have to check that out some time.

I only have an Athlon II x2, it's not extremely great. (With my OC it's not bad, but I need more cores. Black Ops lags on this PC.)

I also use SpeedFan, usually when I want to make my two 120's run super quiet. (I'll tune them down to 20% or so. So they keep airflow, but don't make noise.)

Thanks,

EBrown

Core temp is what I use on my AMD computer. On my Intel [ Xeon X3350 ] computer I use a program called Real Temp. It is suppose to be the most accurate for temp on a Intel base computer. Here a picture of Real Temp on my computer running at near 100% Folding. I am cheating a little bit, my rad in sitting in the window pulling cold [ 40F degrees ] air from outside.

post-2-0-95037000-1296964436_thumb.jpg

I converted your attachment to jpg by the way, don't trip out and think that my server has a mind of it's own. :-P

Nice temp under load... That's not cheating, that's genius!

Damn dude, you've been folding@home and top ranked on our folding team for years. Thanks man, who knows, maybe YOUR computer will find the cure for cancer.

I only have an Athlon II x2, it's not extremely great. (With my OC it's not bad, but I need more cores. Black Ops lags on this PC.)

I also use SpeedFan, usually when I want to make my two 120's run super quiet. (I'll tune them down to 20% or so. So they keep airflow, but don't make noise.)

Thanks,

EBrown

I too favor silence over performance... I'd rather that I can't hear it and it run a little hotter. Another reason why I love SSD, FINALLY I don't have to hear the damn hard drive... although, it can make it hard to tell if the computer is doing it's job or not...... then, because of the speed of SSD 1ms later I know that it's doing it's job. :2funny:

... Seriously, if you guys don't already have Solid State drives do yourself a favor and get one. It's the most drastic upgrade you can do for your computer. My computer cold boots in 10-15 seconds. ... Photoshop CS5 loads in >2 seconds and most other programs load in >1 second. And I didn't even tell you guys the funny part.... (haha) my main computer is just a Mac Mini 2.53GHz with 4GB ram :2funny: and everything is instant! GET SOLID STATE!

--- I'll post some pics of my setup later on, it's pretty crazy. It's just a mac mini but I have 25" and 27" monitors... and I still don't have enough desktop space for the stuff I do :-P -- My network setup looks pretty crazy too, I have everything mounted on the wall in plain view, it trips people out.

I was thinking about getting 2 SSD's but i currently have raid-0 setup on my box, and honestly im so far out of the loop i dont know how to fk with raid anymore. a standard HDD install i have no problems with... Hows raid effect SDD's tho? will their be any differences or will i just install em and throw in my windows 7 bootable disk as normal?

I too favor silence over performance... I'd rather that I can't hear it and it run a little hotter. Another reason why I love SSD, FINALLY I don't have to hear the damn hard drive... although, it can make it hard to tell if the computer is doing it's job or not...... then, because of the speed of SSD 1ms later I know that it's doing it's job. :2funny:

... Seriously, if you guys don't already have Solid State drives do yourself a favor and get one. It's the most drastic upgrade you can do for your computer. My computer cold boots in 10-15 seconds. ... Photoshop CS5 loads in >2 seconds and most other programs load in >1 second. And I didn't even tell you guys the funny part.... (haha) my main computer is just a Mac Mini 2.53GHz with 4GB ram :2funny: and everything is instant! GET SOLID STATE!

--- I'll post some pics of my setup later on, it's pretty crazy. It's just a mac mini but I have 25" and 27" monitors... and I still don't have enough desktop space for the stuff I do :-P -- My network setup looks pretty crazy too, I have everything mounted on the wall in plain view, it trips people out.

lol SSDs will be in my next build hopfully they will be a little cheaper! :P

Very nice, you know your cooling scheme is doing the job right when your idling near room temperature :-P. Cases look like they have nice ventilation too. And that radiator is SICK, next PC I build will definitely have one of those... the way you have that set up I'm sure that the benefit of that isn't just for the CPU, I'm sure it drops your whole under the hood temp, huh?

yeah the H50 is very very nice i'm loving it currently. the only thing that bugs me is using that radiator with a push/pull setup made it so i couldn't use both door fans anymore i figured the CPU needed the air more then anything so i went ahead and did it like that and

it does! everything runs a few degrees cooler now and my room doesn't heat up like i'm running a freakin space heater lol

You can use Prime 95 [ http://www.softpedia...n/Prime95.shtml ] to get your CPU to go to 100% load and if you want to check the stability of your overclock let it run for 12 hours or more. Another good program to check your temperature for AMD CPU is Core temp. [ http://www.alcpu.com/CoreTemp/ ]

i didn't notice a difference on the coretemp / speedfan read differences on my temps however core temp seems to be a lot lighter program thanks! ^_^

Right. I'll get right on that. With my net worth of $55 USD. :P I need a damn job before I can do anymore upgrades. Lol

Thanks,

EBrown

You can hear the regular drive? I haven't been able to hear a regular 7200RPM hard drive in a few years, the good ones have gotten so quite. And I have insanely good hearing, and one right in front of my face when every i'm on my computer.

What SSD did you end up going with in your mini? I'm gonna go with one when I upgrade my iMac next time around since the 27in ones have a specific rail inside to mount a SSD to. I want to go with one of the OWC SSD's.

As for desktop space, you gotta go with higher resolution monitors. If your still using that monitor you were before you gotta upgrade that sometime to either the Dell 27in or the Apple 27in display and get your self some 2560x1440 res.

I was thinking about getting 2 SSD's but i currently have raid-0 setup on my box, and honestly im so far out of the loop i dont know how to fk with raid anymore. a standard HDD install i have no problems with... Hows raid effect SDD's tho? will their be any differences or will i just install em and throw in my windows 7 bootable disk as normal?

You don't really have to go with Raid or 2 SSD's. You could save the money and get one good SSD (since they are still very expensive) and have 2.5x the drive performance if not more. Since your computer uses the motherboards raid controller it doesn't really give a performance gain on raid 0 unless you invested in a proper raid controller.

As for there being a difference with SSD on raid setup there wouldn't be, you would just have to configure the raid with the new drives, as you would with a regular hard drive.

You can hear the regular drive? I haven't been able to hear a regular 7200RPM hard drive in a few years, the good ones have gotten so quite. And I have insanely good hearing, and one right in front of my face when every i'm on my computer.

I have to totally agree with that one. Mine is 4 yars old, and all I hear if I really listen hard is the whir of the air from the fan. :smitten:

What SSD did you end up going with in your mini? I'm gonna go with one when I upgrade my iMac next time around since the 27in ones have a specific rail inside to mount a SSD to. I want to go with one of the OWC SSD's.

As for desktop space, you gotta go with higher resolution monitors. If your still using that monitor you were before you gotta upgrade that sometime to either the Dell 27in or the Apple 27in display and get your self some 2560x1440 res.

I'm going to be buying a 27" iMac instead... My resolutions now are 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 ... the resolution on the 27" mac displays is something that people have to see in person it fully understand. 2560x1440 is 3.69 million pixels... my 27 inch is 2.07 million pixels and my 25 inch is 2.3 million pixels. 78% and 60% more pixels respectively, in the same amount of space.

I got a 120GB Patriot Inferno 285 MB/s -- you can raid them like normal drives but dude, one of these will out perform raid0 raptors... raiding them is over kill. Unless your compiling mad amounts of video. I actually got a different Patriot drive 128GB one that performed very well but died on me. Patriot had a VERY smooth and friendly RMA process and they ended giving me a superior drive over the original... so yeah, I can recommend Patriot for sure. This new drive hasn't given me any issues, runs at 128 degrees and smokes everything I throw at it.

... and yeah, I could hear the old hard drive. My computer's on my desk. It was quiet but I wanted silent. ... but even if SSD's sounded like a kazoo I still would probably favor them for the speed.... alright, maybe not if they sounded like a kazoo, that would be pretty annoying. :2funny:

post-2-0-41770500-1297196056_thumb.jpg

Here's my setup

post-2-0-43035500-1297196055_thumb.jpg

And here's my network setup... I mounted on the wall like that because I kept getting bad wireless reception... works great mounted like that though.

Ca3le you should utilize spaces , not much of a learning curve at all , and quadruples the screen real estate by default, and expandable to 16. Switch between them default control arrow keys, done.

Allocate different spaces for different apps. You get used to it and it flows very nice after a short grunt here and again.

I'm going to be buying a 27" iMac instead... My resolutions now are 1920x1200 and 1920x1080 ... the resolution on the 27" mac displays is something that people have to see in person it fully understand. 2560x1440 is 3.69 million pixels... my 27 inch is 2.07 million pixels and my 25 inch is 2.3 million pixels. 78% and 60% more pixels respectively, in the same amount of space.

Yea, the 27" iMac is the way to go. There is a ton of extra screen space over a 1920x1200 screen. The only thing that sucks with it is its really hard to go back to a small screen.

Don't you think you have your dock a little big there? It looks like its at the default size settings.

I've also got the same mouse as you too. :P

Ca3le you should utilize spaces , not much of a learning curve at all , and quadruples the screen real estate by default, and expandable to 16. Switch between them default control arrow keys, done.

Allocate different spaces for different apps. You get used to it and it flows very nice after a short grunt here and again.

I couldn't live with out spaces. I use it for everything now. I can't stand having everything on one desktop. It's part of the reason why I hate using Windows now.