Test Limit Reached Error

hypercleats

This is the first time I've been to TestMy.net. I signed up and starting testing DL and UL. Just now I got this error message:

(TEST LIMIT REACHED) Sorry, but you've transfered 2.47 GB in tests in the last 24 hours which is over our limit of 2 GB per day. This is to protect against abuse of our service.

Details: 13 Tests averaging about 190 MB per test for a total of 2.47 GB. If you feel that you've received this in error please contact us.

The odd thing is that I added up all the bandwidth from all 13 tests I did and it came to about 26MB. How did 26 Megabytes turn into 2.47 GIGAbytes? The error message says that I did 13 tests with an average of 190MB per test! Ridiculous! I used 3MB, 6MB, and once I used 12MB for DL -- all the UL tests were from 1-3MB. 13 tests total. The numbers are off by an order of magnitude.

I think there may be something amiss with the site's calculations of test bandwidth usage.

This is the first time I've been to TestMy.net. I signed up and starting testing DL and UL. Just now I got this error message:

(TEST LIMIT REACHED) Sorry, but you've transfered 2.47 GB in tests in the last 24 hours which is over our limit of 2 GB per day. This is to protect against abuse of our service.

Details: 13 Tests averaging about 190 MB per test for a total of 2.47 GB. If you feel that you've received this in error please contact us.

The odd thing is that I added up all the bandwidth from all 13 tests I did and it came to about 26MB. How did 26 Megabytes turn into 2.47 GIGAbytes? The error message says that I did 13 tests with an average of 190MB per test! Ridiculous! I used 3MB, 6MB, and once I used 12MB for DL -- all the UL tests were from 1-3MB. 13 tests total. The numbers are off by an order of magnitude.

I think there may be something amiss with the site's calculations of test bandwidth usage.

Sorry about that... that's not supposed to come up... I just uncommented (it's a programming term) a line about an hour ago on accident. ... I've fixed the issue, you're all set ;)

- CA3LE