Dsl And Windows 7

ninjageek

As for tuning on Win7, it really can't be done like it can in XP since the stack is auto tuning. I have found the best thing to do is to use TCP Optimizer since some of the settings can be changed and then just download, download, and download some more.

But you have to do it from a place that can max your connection all the time. Also use IE8 when doing it. Over time it will get better as the stack adjusts.

I know you can disable windows 7 autotune. Not sure if thats a good idea or not ? In windows 7 with google chrome, kept getting a resolving host every time it started up. Got that fixed. Think I am gonna play with it and see if I can get it figured out. I keep a Ghost Image of both windows 7 and windows xp, Current so switching without the dual boot is pretty simple.

Maybe if I can get it figured out, Will make a guide. There has to be a way to do it. Flipping media com, 2 years fighting, Nighttime I swear dial up would be faster, In the end think they oversold the line im on. Many others saying the same thing.

Just interesting that dsl just smokes on windows xp, yet on windows 7 its so slow. May take me A month or two, But if it can be done, I will figure it out.