Okay...adobe Is Pissin Me Off

tdawnaz

i'm trying to dl adobe reader...and truthfully it's not adobe i'm sure that's pissin me off...guess it's me...

anyway...it's in my dl files but i can't figure out how to run it to get it in my system...

i have ubuntu...and it's given me the file for that...but how do i run it??

if you have my number...just call me...but still do put the instructions here

hellllllp

nothing to add , but Adobe pi**is me of any way , ( so bloated , and sun java ain't that far behind , just to many phone home's going on )

next up is Google updater, IMHO these programs are so "last year" ,

BTW, I tried running "mint" , now back on XP pro, I think that will see me out :evil2: unless win 11 changes my mind :D

nothing to add , but Adobe pi**is me of any way , ( so bloated , and sun java ain't that far behind , just to many phone home's going on )

next up is Google updater, IMHO these programs are so "last year" ,

BTW, I tried running "mint" , now back on XP pro, I think that will see me out :evil2: unless win 11 changes my mind :D

yep, adobe and sun both worthless bloat. don't and won't ever install those things, whether i needed them or not!!

don't and won't touch anything google either. another bloated, worthless pos is ubuntu, imo, also.

talk about last year? why are you so last decade with that xp junk? windows 7 rocks!! of course, xp is way better than vista ever was though.

yep, adobe and sun both worthless bloat. don't and won't ever install those things, whether i needed them or not!!

don't and won't touch anything google either. another bloated, worthless pos is ubuntu, imo, also.

talk about last year? why are you so last decade with that xp junk? windows 7 rocks!! of course, xp is way better than vista ever was though.

:evil6: very true , Xp suits me fine, it does all I need , it's light and fast on a this years box , :grin2: Oh, and I am a skinflint , short arms deep pockets etc

Xp is like an old friend ,I know all it's wrinkles , I guess a bit like my 36 year old car , my 75 year old house , my my G/f who is .....:knuppel2: ......and still younger than me ,

indeed, if it ain't broke etc.

• 3 weeks later...

true that...some pages i need have to have adobe tho...so i had to get it

TD: I have used Foxit Reader for several years now and no prob., downloads everything

that I have tried and it stays well updated also. Sites want you to use Adobe but, Foxit

will download it.

I also use Secunia PSI and it keeps all my stuff updated or lets me know that an update

is available. I don't include MS Update on it though.

Just a thought.

• 2 weeks later...

I have not used Adobe for many years. Too bloated for what I need.

Although I have used Foxit in the past, I currently use Sumatra PDF. It is very good.... :thumbsup:

Alternative link:

http://blog.kowalczy...pdf-viewer.html

good to see you around on the forum,and thanks for the link ,Adobe for me is bloated , and slow kicking in , much faster options availible indeed ,