Slow Internet Cause Is Pc

deathmetal15

Hi i just got off the phone with sky, they say my speeds are 4Mb and they are, i ran a test on speedtest.net it said download speed was 3.50Mb but, i did a test on here and got 282Kb per sec...so i'm a little confused and pi**ed at the moment :/ any help please?

thanks.

link to the test with speedtest.net

1169270289.png

TestMy.net test

MA002RKC3.png

If you're in Manchester, England and are getting those speeds you're not in bad shape. But you can improve your connection to the United States by tweaking a few settings.

Look into Van Buren's Cablenut Settings

And also Speedguide's TCP Optimizer

You basically have to tell your computer to send the data a little differently to maximize performance over distance.

And remember network overhaul can be a suspect too.. you can only download as fast as someone can upload to you and vice versa.. It's been times Testmy.net has stated my download speeds were 9.95mb at time and today im at 25.57mb, as long as its consistent enough for you..