New Router And My Scores Are Still Terrible

FastShoes

Hello, I'm Luis and new to the forums. Here is what I've been dealing with for some time. I had a Belkin Wireless G setup with a wireless extender since my signal was very low on different levels of the house. I decided to upgrade to a N network. I purchased a D-Link DIR-655 Extreme N Gigabit Wireless Router and connect with my HP Pavillion 6700 with Win 7 laptop via an AirLink101 AWLL6075 Wireless N Mini USB Adapter.

My issue is that I connect wirelessly with my laptop and sometimes get great speeds. Then other times it slows to a crawl just minutes after I post a good speed.

Wireless test (2mb)

B2CIRGL65.png

Wired test (15 mb)

XHUD2LKCV.png

I can't exclusively use N band since I connect with a cell phone, iphone, wii, and tivo wirelessly. I have a PS3 and Xbox connected to the router (and think browsing on the PS3 with the new router seems slow). I think the slow speeds have to do with my laptop and not the router, but I could be wrong. I have all my items on a dynamic dns.

Any ideas on what I can do to improve and keep my wireless speed high, that would be appreciated!