Bottom Of The Barrel

CA3LE

Bottom 20 Members List  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Should we display the bottom ranked members?

• Yes, sounds interesting.
    • No, it may embarrass some people.
    • I'm not sure... because I don't know how to make decisions.

I got an interesting idea. I haven't left anything up to the community for a long time so I thought I would let you all decide. The results of this poll will determine whether or not it becomes part of the site. So your input is important to me.

It would basically be exactly like the top 20 members list but reversed... bottom 20.

I personally think it would be interesting to see... and in my experience that usually means other people would find it interesting. Let me know your thoughts. :knuppel2:

Speeeeeed ? , well that makes the UK ADSL in pole position without a doubt, 2001 I got 125 Kbps , 2011 I get 5 Mbps, 2Mbps more than I should , ( thanks TMN forum , I read and learn )

Yeah, crap speed ,but thanks to TMN forum I know why , and can do some work around's ,

as a international forum I am sure many see less ? ,

I question whether making those slow speeds #1, would improve/embarrass the Isp's into investing ?

put me down as a don't know .

Sounds like a good idea to me, i tell you why , many people don't get to see how they are ranked as a whole , sure they do as there ISp goes , but in the lower ranking speeds , it would be beneficial most definitively .

Not only that , I think your on to something larger. As time goes , maybe you could implement something such as regions , states , countries ect , yes / Maybe ?

Anyhow , my vote is yes

Not only that , I think your on to something larger. As time goes , maybe you could implement something such as regions , states , countries ect , yes / Maybe ?

I'm already working on that. It's going to be a while for me to get all the pieces of that project together.

... It looks like this is going to be voted in. Maybe I should also figure out how to give users a rank. Included in your stats. e.g. "Your ranked #54 out of 74,480 members" --- it's actually allot more complicated to do than it seems. Because of the size of my database. I have allot more database optimization to do. I'm realizing that I have to completely restructure it to get this site to what I really want it to do. The original database structure has served it's purpose very well to this point. But when your database starts getting muti-million entries even with the proper indexes it can be hard to run certain complex queries. ... and I can't work on the database structure AT ALL on the server anymore, once I try to make a structure change it overloads the server. 8 Core Processing and it can't handel it. :uglystupid2:

..Sigh

But I love this stuff :smitten:

I'm already working on that. It's going to be a while for me to get all the pieces of that project together.

... It looks like this is going to be voted in. Maybe I should also figure out how to give users a rank. Included in your stats. e.g. "Your ranked #54 out of 74,480 members" --- it's actually allot more complicated to do than it seems. Because of the size of my database. I have allot more database optimization to do. I'm realizing that I have to completely restructure it to get this site to what I really want it to do. The original database structure has served it's purpose very well to this point. But when your database starts getting muti-million entries even with the proper indexes it can be hard to run certain complex queries. ... and I can't work on the database structure AT ALL on the server anymore, once I try to make a structure change it overloads the server. 8 Core Processing and it can't handel it. :uglystupid2:

..Sigh

But I love this stuff :smitten:

Really.. Overloads the server that's interesting lol.

hewee...i believe he means bottom of the test speeds...not bottom of the posts

welcome back btw...good to see you here again :welcome:

OK got my vote now. :) Good to be back.

Had a heart attack and stopped smoking in Dec 2008 and doing a lot better now and working out at the gym. :)

yeah... in terms of speed, not posts :) --- like this >> https://testmy.net/memberstats/?top=1 -- but reversed.

Hey maybe I can win with the speeds I had before moving here in 2008. What happen to my history? It was showing up here at the newer site but now I only see 8 test in the history when I have. Old site show I have 3422 but only goes to 2007 so something is not working right.

You think loggong in to old site did something. I download the CSV file yesterday from here and it showes all the history. Now from the old site is download a empty one.

• 3 weeks later...

I say yes because then I wont feel so bad about my own connection speed. :cool:

Plus it'll give people a good range to compare with their own connections. They can see the best and the worst and place themselves somewhere in there.

My thoughts exactly. As I don't attach personal accomplishments with what speed I can use the net.

And anytime imo we can see a greater detailed reporting gauge of bandwidth is better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Alright guys, I know I started this topic a long time ago. But I'm sure that you all can see what I've been very busy.

You guys wanted it... so I made it. You can now sort the hosts and members lists in reverse if you'd like. Just click "Rank"...

post-2-0-81661200-1306378847_thumb.png post-2-0-55394600-1306379031_thumb.png

i don't see the "bottom of the barrel" only the top

Use the links above the results on the Top Providers and Top Members pages

post-2-0-14069600-1306443015_thumb.png

There are actually three new queries... Lowest Scoring Providers & Bottom 20 Members

The third one is unrelated to this topic. It will List Providers by Popularity

All are updated hourly.