Comming Soon: New Toy

AlucardHS

image5.jpg

The HTC Arrive smartphone is the first device for Sprint based on Windows Phone 7. The Arrive offers an innovative design with a slide-out full QWERTY keyboard and tilt-up display and provides an incredible experience leveraging well-known Microsoft services like Microsoft Mobile Office, Zune, and XBOX Live. Windows Phone 7 features Hubs for quick and easy access to your most valuable content including People, Pictures, Games, Music, and Video, Office, and Marketplace. Additionally, the Start screen is customizable with Live Tiles that come to life with real-time updates. Depending on the app, the Live Tiles show pending messages and appointments, news and weather, or game and friend status - all continuously refreshed by the Internet.

Already been ordered, waiting to see if newegg will get any more to ship out today !

why would you go windows? your computer is already a slave to it now your phone?! go droid and load linux on it, its all about open source these days :)

yeah linux is soooooo good that's why it is the number two OS behind windows

oh wait

it's not

oh go android !

oh but wait you have to root it before you get a good device

and flash a rom practically once every few days to solve some idiotic problems google won't fix

yet someone in china can fix them and make the os google should've made

windows phone has its problems like all mobile phones but at least all I have to do is turn it on and it WORKS !!!!!

that's it

then you can do things like work and be with your significant other FFS

dont know about others, however personally i turn my phone on and it works. flawlessly. rooting, was cake and working from my phone is very awesome, as a network admin i dont even pull the laptop out. ssh sessions, rdp sessions, it does it all. and hey! it even bluetooth's my mp3s to my wireless headset so im jammin @ work all day.

im in love with my self so there will never be a significant other. anox195 is all i care about. now that my phone does all these things, me and palmela handerson have gotten to know each other better.

cant wait to see you post a BSOD pic of your phone. haha. :2funny:

Whats this?

http://www.google.co...0e1d04ac32ef934

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HqOBwx1yO1c " Looks like the old blue screen of death is back but for the mobile. My first go on a Windows 7 phone Everyone gets very angry when they view this video, I'm not entirely sure why" :2funny:

I ken goooogle 2!

I've had my HTC incredible for a lil while now and let me tell you, its the best phone I've ever had. Including windows mobile phones. I've never "rooted" it whatever that may be or modified it in any way. 100 % of the time i "turn it on and it works" pretty seamlessly at that. I love my android & couldn't see being without it on a daily basis. From email , text, internet, Pandora, not to mention the countless countless apps... Geico app, mapquest, AVG , my friggin bank! All in my hands?! Its fantastic IMHO and just because your a windows fanboy doesn't mean you need to be bashing Droid :knuppel2:

- I use windows on my PC and linux on my cell phone :D:smitten:

There is a difference between Windows Mobile, and Windows Phone 7. Right now there are no viruses for Windows Phone 7.

But I would rather go Win Phone 7, over Android any day of the week right now. Androids UI is a complete fucking mess still. At least with Win Phone 7 you get a UI that is consistent for the most part and is somewhat close to iOS in the way the OS is polished off. The overall quality of Apps on Android is far too low.

the mod makes sense

android is f-ing ugly !

first youtube is not a bsod but a problem with the hd7 not representative of all wp devices its not a bsod

the only reason why its blue is because of color scheme

the youtube shows the result but what steps were taken for the device to get that way ?!?!?

it could be program in memory

it could be a hiccup

or it could be user error

but it is quite interesting we only see the result i wonder ?

what is more interesting is the recovery

15 seconds

without a soft reset !!!!

i would love to see android do that or even apple

that's not happening EVER!

so ideally while thats a great google not really representative of all devices

or windows phone 7 as an os

it has its faults all oses do

but that is the weakest thing i've ever seen :2funny: :2funny: :2funny:

got anything better ???

Gotta love fanboys :rolleyes:. I like how people say android is slow? Again almost everything on my phone, including the resident apps that auto-start are usually running 24/7. Including aol instant messenger, stocks & weather, youtube (in the background) pandora & if im real bored (like on the airplane) ill even run a downloaded game as well :uglystupid2: - Email, advanced task killer, eBay watcher, Google talk thing, etc. I've never experienced these "slow downs" or at least noticed any "unpolished" portions of the android OS. I've only noticed a slowdown on 1 application, and that was Mapquest; but that is to be expected. Personally i don't care for the windows mobile/winP7 interface.. I think that's ugly. And as far as the Iphone, well the iphone is its own thing :P I really like it , wouldn't mind having one although i hate apple. :knuppel2:

edit; btw check youtube for the windows 7 phone technical preview & read through the comments. I'ts a real good laugh ^_^

" How Should I begin this....WHAT?

THE HELL is THAT? Oh "humans" are technically brain deprived so we decided to come up with simplified 2d phone with 30000 buttons on the home screen and 1700 question marks? chim4260 2 days ago"

"@elchickanito31 It's not a UI thing (no matter the UI is ridiculous because they basically made larger icons to avoid any true interface, the same they did with windows mobile when they made a shrinked xp), what sucks is that it has windows with all bugs and malware associated with it and all limitations imposed by them (read wikipedia for a list) this is my opinion and reason why I hope this OS doesn't rise.. eyfhsdksd 1 month ago"

Really? All i heard was "wow i love my Android because i feel it is a good os"

its not slow? 3 things.

Go in any browser and flick scroll its slow as hell

pinch to zoom anywhere, not only is it impeded by horrible hardware acceleration but entire operation is slower than molasses.

third play a game - even on dual core processors and regardless of OS's and compare the speed and experience to Windows or even god awful iPhone.

Google's acquisition of the company that has created Android has made themselves rich but ffs lets be honest.

Android was nothing without Verizon, sales were mediocre and it was on its way to being another webos.

So while I'm glade that user had a good experience think of the users that dont. That list is growing and Google isn't doing much to solve those problems:

in fragmentation, in acceleration, and in general developer architecture. Bottom line is this: Google will NOT be number 1 forever !

And you want to talk about fanboy, take your Android and put it against an out of box WP7 seriously.

I can say I spend a major amount of time testing oses before i comment, can you?

Really? All i heard was "wow i love my Android because i feel it is a good os"

its not slow? 3 things.

pinch to zoom anywhere, not only is it impeded by horrible hardware acceleration but entire operation is slower than molasses.

third play a game - even on dual core processors and regardless of OS's and compare the speed and experience to Windows or even god awful iPhone.

Google's acquisition of the company that has created Android has made themselves rich but ffs lets be honest.

Android was nothing without Verizon, sales were mediocre and it was on its way to being another webos.

So while I'm glade that user had a good experience think of the users that dont. That list is growing and Google isn't doing much to solve those problems:

in fragmentation, in acceleration, and in general developer architecture. Bottom line is this: Google will NOT be number 1 forever !

And you want to talk about fanboy, take your Android and put it against an out of box WP7 seriously.

I can say I spend a major amount of time testing oses before i comment, can you?

Fanboy. x3 now? I go by personal experience. I have a life; therefore i don't need to sit in the basement all day reading reviews and bashing on other phones that im clearly "hands-on " ignorant of and go online like a keyboard warrior sporting my bottle cap glasses and pocket protector to rage about how awesome Microsoft's horrendous crap phone has become. Please processed in telling me how you work for a cellular company...or your a rep.. or your a professional phone tester man man man. Whatever supports your rants. In my line of work , i go through a phone roughly every couple months. I've tried just about everything from the standard candy bar, to flip , to sidekick, smart phone, blackberry, PDA etc. I've had phones with windows mobile 7 , & i will admit ... I have not yet tried a " windows 7 phone!111" but realistically...... Its just another flawed Microsoft powered hand-held piece of crap , that like the android, that like the Iphone, (which i find it hilarious that your now ALSO bashing) that will in essence, become obsolete in the next 2 months.

I guess its just been a long time since I've seen anyone support a Microsoft product this hard LOL. Just pretty sad when you see so ... so many reviews and pre-reviews with people stating how this phone will hopefully and eventually fail... but everyone has their own opinions........ right?

:smitten:

Please excuse the double post but i was curious after reading your post there Dracula man , so i went to my droid to test. I made a quick video while i was testing to see just how "molasses" the scrolling or zooming options were.. Maybe i was just missing something.. So i tested & recorded anyhow. I'm no expert but this is plenty quick for me.. My computer's the only thing faster.

Sorry for the low-qual vid. It's 4 in the morning here and the lighting is terrible. Oh, and hey! I recorded this on my other terrible droid! haha :2funny:

for full 800 x 600

http://www.mediafire.com/?8thq44czqew1xu0

Fanboy. x3 now? I go by personal experience. I have a life; therefore i don't need to sit in the basement all day reading reviews and bashing on other phones that im clearly "hands-on " ignorant of and go online like a keyboard warrior sporting my bottle cap glasses and pocket protector to rage about how awesome Microsoft's horrendous crap phone has become. Please processed in telling me how you work for a cellular company...or your a rep.. or your a professional phone tester man man man. Whatever supports your rants. In my line of work , i go through a phone roughly every couple months. I've tried just about everything from the standard candy bar, to flip , to sidekick, smart phone, blackberry, PDA etc. I've had phones with windows mobile 7 , & i will admit ... I have not yet tried a " windows 7 phone!111" but realistically...... Its just another flawed Microsoft powered hand-held piece of crap , that like the android, that like the Iphone, (which i find it hilarious that your now ALSO bashing) that will in essence, become obsolete in the next 2 months. I guess its just been a long time since I've seen anyone support a Microsoft product this hard LOL. Just pretty sad when you see so ... so many reviews and pre-reviews with people stating how this phone will hopefully and eventually fail... but everyone has their own opinions........ right? :smitten:

I too own the HTC incredible. And you're right, its incredible. You literally plug the usb into any computer and you can drag and drop apps. NO 300-400mb software that you install and no redtape about anything. I torrent from my phone. I want to see the W7 phone do that, lol. And i also have never seen anyone support a Microsoft product so hard, it feels like the early original xbox days, lol.

Your all not seriously arguing over who's scrolls/zoom's quicker and smoother?

Well I'll play at that game (And Win). My iPhone 4 scrolls, zooms in and out, is more responsive to touch then your Win Phone 7, Android, WebOS what ever else you may be running. I also have the best apps.

At least argue over something thats decent to argue over.

advanced task killer

Mentioning task killer anything, doesn't put this in your favor. Memory management on Android is a serious problem that Google has never really fixed. You should never ever have to open a task manager on a phone. The OS should be smart enough to manage apps on its own.

its not slow? 3 things.

1. and 2. This is not as much of a valid argument as it once was. The latest round of Android devices (On the higher end) have fixed this for the most part by just throwing raw CPU power at it, its not to iPhone level of smoothness and probably never will be, but neither will Windows Phone 7.

3. While Win Phone 7 is a million times better the Android at gaming and Android is god awful at gaming, You can't really put Win Phone 7 in the same class as the iPhone when it comes to gaming. iOS is far above all the others in this area. I haven't seen anything that comes close to Rage, Real Racing 2, Infinity Blade and others on either of the other platforms.

And once the iPhone 5 gets the A5 processor it will take another jump in gaming because it spanks the shit out of everything else that is out there.

Your all not seriously arguing over who's scrolls/zoom's quicker and smoother?

Well I'll play at that game (And Win). My iPhone 4 scrolls, zooms in and out, is more responsive to touch then your Win Phone 7, Android, WebOS what ever else you may be running. I also have the best apps.

At least argue over something thats decent to argue over.

Mentioning task killer anything, doesn't put this in your favor. Memory management on Android is a serious problem that Google has never really fixed. You should never ever have to open a task manager on a phone. The OS should be smart enough to manage apps on its own.

1. and 2. This is not as much of a valid argument as it once was. The latest round of Android devices (On the higher end) have fixed this for the most part by just throwing raw CPU power at it, its not to iPhone level of smoothness and probably never will be, but neither will Windows Phone 7.

3. While Win Phone 7 is a million times better the Android at gaming and Android is god awful at gaming, You can't really put Win Phone 7 in the same class as the iPhone when it comes to gaming. iOS is far above all the others in this area. I haven't seen anything that comes close to Rage, Real Racing 2, Infinity Blade and others on either of the other platforms.

And once the iPhone 5 gets the A5 processor it will take another jump in gaming because it spanks the shit out of everything else that is out there.

While a smoother appearance and a brighter, more vibrant screen may make you think that your iPhone 4 is so much better, its actually not. Aside from the fact that phone itself is horrible at its main functions. The battery doesn't last near long enough in comparison with other smart phones, so unless your by a usb jack all the time youll start to notice damn, my battery is always about to die. Everytime I call a iphone 4 user (from many different phones) I hear a long annoying high pitched beeeeeeeep. then it will connect, i dont know if thats a badass ringback tone you iphone users have by default. Also how is your call dropping? Everyone in our building with the iphone cant be on the phone in our elevator. But guess what, I can :rolleyes: -- I have seen active sync on the iphone and compared it with my droid, when you send pictures or videos via iphone exchange its too slow. The droid does it instantly and does the upload in the bg. And by the best apps you mean you blew about 50-100 usd on some bs apps. Androids dl a A-Z pro torrent and boom anything you want at your disposal. Not to mention we dont have to update our itunes and firmware every so often and have your phone be a brick for a few hours come update day. And my 3G speeds are so much faster on my verizon network than they work on the att network... Anyways your iphone4 is verizon or att?

While a smoother appearance and a brighter, more vibrant screen may make you think that your iPhone 4 is so much better, its actually not. Aside from the fact that phone itself is horrible at its main functions. The battery doesn't last near long enough in comparison with other smart phones, so unless your by a usb jack all the time youll start to notice damn, my battery is always about to die. Everytime I call a iphone 4 user (from many different phones) I hear a long annoying high pitched beeeeeeeep. then it will connect, i dont know if thats a badass ringback tone you iphone users have by default. Also how is your call dropping? Everyone in our building with the iphone cant be on the phone in our elevator. But guess what, I can :rolleyes: -- I have seen active sync on the iphone and compared it with my droid, when you send pictures or videos via iphone exchange its too slow. The droid does it instantly and does the upload in the bg. And by the best apps you mean you blew about 50-100 usd on some bs apps. Androids dl a A-Z pro torrent and boom anything you want at your disposal. Not to mention we dont have to update our itunes and firmware every so often and have your phone be a brick for a few hours come update day. And my 3G speeds are so much faster on my verizon network than they work on the att network... Anyways your iphone4 is verizon or att?

Really? Really now, thats your response? LOL...

First let me state I've never payed more then $7 for an iPhone app, and no more then $10 for an iPad app. IDK where the hell your getting $50 - $100 for apps but I've never spent anything close to that on an app, I don't know anyone who has ever payed more then $20 for an app. And most iPhone apps 99% are less then $10.

Now if I wanted to be a complete fucking ass hole to mobile app developers I could jail break my iPhone in about 2 minutes and torrent any app I want like your doing with your little Android apps.

As for main functions please elaborate on how they are horrible? Because I have no problem at all with its main functions. Battery life is longer then any other android phone I've seen. In the office where I work there are 2 iPhones, a BB Storm and 3 Android phones, my iPhone 4 lasts longer then all of them.

I suggest you go and learn what that beep your hearing is, its the network and is phone independent. I have had maybe 3 dropped calls since june that were caused by my phone, most of the time its caused by the other person with there crappy phone. I'm on AT&T and my 3G speeds will run circles around yours, since Verizon is EVDO AT&T's base 3.6 Mbps HSPA will be faster, but since I'm in a HSPA+ area I get anywhere from 3 - 4.5 Mbps download. Oh and I've had no problem using my iPhone 4 in a elevator, Since AT&T now uses the 800 MHz band in my area for HSPA, it has no problems in doors.

As far as exchange goes, you have got to be on one crappy ass exchange environment. Since exchange is server dependent, for the iPhone to be slow sending pics and vids but your droid is instant is a really stupid thing to say. I have an exchange server that I use for work, and a push IMAP that I use for all my personal email, and it sends just as fast on my iPhone as it does with a BB Storm or any of the 3 Android phones in our office. As soon as I push that send button it starts sending on my iPhone, no matter if I'm using exchange or IMAP.

Try and come at me with something a little better, because everything you said is totally ass backwards, and shows how much of an android fanboy you really are.

So I'm gonna go use my iPhone 4 to make a call, In doors now, and look at my awesome screen, use some of my better apps. Maybe take a picture or two with my better camera and I might send them to a few people using my exchange server not having to wait because its so not slow.

And Ill do all this while I'm on that call.

As can droid ;-0

lol i was at bestbuy today playing with the new HTC TB and with only 1-2 bars got this as a download speed

1817773569034.png

just 4 more days and that'll be my phone i'll do extensive tests of the 4G network and see how well it performs

Damn son. Thats better than my net here in iowa lmfao

As can droid ;-0

Only, if when using a CDMA android phone that is connected to WIFI, or a GSM android phone.

Since he is on Verizon he can't talk and use 3G data at the same time.

lol i was at bestbuy today playing with the new HTC TB and with only 1-2 bars got this as a download speed

1817773569034.png

just 4 more days and that'll be my phone i'll do extensive tests of the 4G network and see how well it performs

Would have thought the upload would have been a little better, but it was in doors. Let us know what the battery life is like when using 4G. Hopefully they can get it to a somewhat decent level.

Really? Really now, thats your response? LOL...

First let me state I've never payed more then $7 for an iPhone app, and no more then $10 for an iPad app. IDK where the hell your getting $50 - $100 for apps but I've never spent anything close to that on an app, I don't know anyone who has ever payed more then $20 for an app. And most iPhone apps 99% are less then $10.

Now if I wanted to be a complete fucking ass hole to mobile app developers I could jail break my iPhone in about 2 minutes and torrent any app I want like your doing with your little Android apps.

As for main functions please elaborate on how they are horrible? Because I have no problem at all with its main functions. Battery life is longer then any other android phone I've seen. In the office where I work there are 2 iPhones, a BB Storm and 3 Android phones, my iPhone 4 lasts longer then all of them.

I suggest you go and learn what that beep your hearing is, its the network and is phone independent. I have had maybe 3 dropped calls since june that were caused by my phone, most of the time its caused by the other person with there crappy phone. I'm on AT&T and my 3G speeds will run circles around yours, since Verizon is EVDO AT&T's base 3.6 Mbps HSPA will be faster, but since I'm in a HSPA+ area I get anywhere from 3 - 4.5 Mbps download. Oh and I've had no problem using my iPhone 4 in a elevator, Since AT&T now uses the 800 MHz band in my area for HSPA, it has no problems in doors.

As far as exchange goes, you have got to be on one crappy ass exchange environment. Since exchange is server dependent, for the iPhone to be slow sending pics and vids but your droid is instant is a really stupid thing to say. I have an exchange server that I use for work, and a push IMAP that I use for all my personal email, and it sends just as fast on my iPhone as it does with a BB Storm or any of the 3 Android phones in our office. As soon as I push that send button it starts sending on my iPhone, no matter if I'm using exchange or IMAP.

Try and come at me with something a little better, because everything you said is totally ass backwards, and shows how much of an android fanboy you really are.

So I'm gonna go use my iPhone 4 to make a call, In doors now, and look at my awesome screen, use some of my better apps. Maybe take a picture or two with my better camera and I might send them to a few people using my exchange server not having to wait because its so not slow.

When I say apps, i mean just that, apps. I'm sure that out of all your wonderful app escapade you have run up a bill of atleast $70 buying apps. And to mention I would probably be impressed if you could post a speed test of your 4 pulling 4.5mbits on 3g. While your network is fine, others are not - So my comments are what i see going on the in the office. And my DI battery is definately longer lasting than a iphone 4, i wont charge it for a day sometimes and it still has a bit to go. Hell it will take hours to deplete from 20% (with constant use). I bet you throw that puppy on a charger everytime you get in your vehicle or home. Also like i said my droid is so much more open source ya know? I'm tired of proprietary and all that. If i want to be able to do a ssh session from my phone then i should be able to damnit! if i want to rdp without having to use something like a $30 app i should be able to. If i want to wifi tether my connection w/o having to pay besides what i already pay for unlimited data, i should be able to! I can use my phone as a usb drive to hold data and have do w/e i please. If im on the road and want to download a torrent or something ill download it from my phone and have it running in the background for hours. When im settled in i plug into my laptop and BAM! its there under removable media. also my camera is pretty darn good. i have an 8mp camera while your phone 4 has a little over half that many megapixels. Not really trying to argue, and im no fanboy, just saying im happy with my purchase of the droid incredible. best damn $200 i ever spent.