Comming Soon: New Toy

AlucardHS

And to mention I would probably be impressed if you could post a speed test of your 4 pulling 4.5mbits on 3g.

:::.. Download Test Results ..:::

Download Connection is:: 2507 Kbps about 2.5 Mbps (tested with 3 MB)

Download Speed is:: 313 kB/s

Tested From:: https://testmy.net/ (Dallas, TX USA)

Validation Link:: https://testmy.net/db/m52yoO

Test Time:: 2011-03-25 07:12:32 GMT -7

1MB Download in 3.27 Seconds - 1GB Download in ~56 Minutes - 44X faster than 56K

Tested from a 3 MB file and took 10.039 seconds to complete

Running at 142% of hosts average (Mycingular.net)

User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5 [!]

And thats testing in concrete roofed factory. Ill get your 4.5 Mbps when I'm not in this building. Testing use one of the apps yesterday gave me this:

photo.PNG

And my DI battery is definately longer lasting than a iphone 4, i wont charge it for a day sometimes and it still has a bit to go. Hell it will take hours to deplete from 20% (with constant use). I bet you throw that puppy on a charger everytime you get in your vehicle or home.

Well lets see, I can't exactly throw that puppy on a charger in a vehicle because I don't have a vehicle that can exactly charge anything except its own battery because I'm on two wheels. But when I do finally get home, work, wherever I am. I don't throw it on a charger, I will on average go 2 days with out putting it on a charger. I've stretched it to 5 days before with out charging it.

"Hell it will take hours to deplete from 20% (with constant use)"

Get real!

Remember, reviews do say "we found battery life to be good, but not outstanding".

If i want to wifi tether my connection w/o having to pay besides what i already pay for unlimited data,

Yea keep doing that, and see how long before Verizon just magically puts you on there tethering plan. And if you don't think they know your doing it, you should Google around a bit.

also my camera is pretty darn good. i have an 8mp camera while your phone 4 has a little over half that many megapixels.

Let me give you a little lesson in cameras.

Megapixels doesn't mean jack shit. Having higher MP's doesn't mean something can take better pictures. It's all about the sensor and processing. Thats why a SLR of the equal or less MP's will take better pictures then a point and shoot all day long. While the camera in your phone will take better pictures then most, because in the iPhone 4 has a much larger sensor then the one in your phone, the iPhone 4 will take better pictures even tho it has a lower MP.

Hows the video on your phone, you gonna tell me its better then the video on the iPhone 4 too?

i'm not a fanboy but i did recently pick up the new Verizon thunderbolt it takes very nice pictures the sensor is nice and big and HD video too same as the iphone 4 >.> i like apple products i just hate that apple refuses to put flash on a product that can and should have it... that was the deal breaker for me, that and the fact that the iphone 4 is only 3G >.>

many sites still use it... even youtube uses it (yes i know there is a youtube app) but why should i be forced to have an app?

don't get me wrong i have apple products i even have an ipod touch... but i feel its lacking quite a bit the android OS appealed to me more thats all

Would you guys be willing to agree to disagree. I think there's other factors that need to be considered in this match up. The user.

The iPhone 4 does a great job at being an entertainment machine for those who want a polished UI and intuitive features. But the Android OS does a great job at being an entertainment machine for those who like to modify and customize their devices.

For me, my vote goes to Android. I've used an iPhone and it is nice but at times it just felt confined. I like the ability to adjust the Android to my liking. And yes I know that the iPhone can be jailbroken but that's not what it is known for. While the Android, I feel, it appeals more to the programmer, developer, IT techie person.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

And about the memory management on an Android, it works well and does it's job now. I know because I just used a Galaxy S. But for example, I would like to be in control of what is being killed and what isn't. With the older Android phones, yes, it was a massive issue that it was a requirement to have a task killer but now it's a choice. With some people, it's force of habit. So throwing this into the ring wont work unless we can bring up the fact that you weren't allowed to copy paste until not too long ago.

Would you guys be willing to agree to disagree. I think there's other factors that need to be considered in this match up. The user.

The iPhone 4 does a great job at being an entertainment machine for those who want a polished UI and intuitive features. But the Android OS does a great job at being an entertainment machine for those who like to modify and customize their devices.

For me, my vote goes to Android. I've used an iPhone and it is nice but at times it just felt confined. I like the ability to adjust the Android to my liking. And yes I know that the iPhone can be jailbroken but that's not what it is known for. While the Android, I feel, it appeals more to the programmer, developer, IT techie person.

This, of course, is just my opinion.

And about the memory management on an Android, it works well and does it's job now. I know because I just used a Galaxy S. But for example, I would like to be in control of what is being killed and what isn't. With the older Android phones, yes, it was a massive issue that it was a requirement to have a task killer but now it's a choice. With some people, it's force of habit. So throwing this into the ring wont work unless we can bring up the fact that you weren't allowed to copy paste until not too long ago.

Well put. Welcome to the forums.

Btw dlewis my verizon android can talk and surf at the same time

Only when you are on connected to WIFI or have a 4G phone.

Since Verizon uses CDMA the data and voice is not split like HSPA so you can't use both at the same time. If you have a 4g Verizon phone voice is still over the 3G so you have a second connection to use for data. This has been a nagging issue for all CDMA networks.

I don't think that applies to all 3G phones. I have a MyTouch 3G and can talk, surf and text at the same time.

Although, being an old phone, It can do all but not as fast as a G2 or Droid Incredible. Laggy phone = sadness.

thats true for other networks Its5Four but the on the Verizon network 3G phones can't use data and voice at the same time

I don't think that applies to all 3G phones. I have a MyTouch 3G and can talk, surf and text at the same time.

Although, being an old phone, It can do all but not as fast as a G2 or Droid Incredible. Laggy phone = sadness.

Thats because your phone is on T-Mobile. IE. GSM. HSPA splits up data and voice so they can both be used at the same time. On CDMA this is not the case unless you have a phone that supports VoRA. In the end it wont really matter once everyone is on LTE since voice will be carried over data.

well it doesn't when you look at speeds like this :P

OfW12y.png

lnjBOy.png

this is with only 2 bars of 4G its also real similar to what the phone gets on my 50Mbps connection from cox so i think it's ran into browser limitations anyone know of a faster android browser then dolphin HD?