Help ~~ Dell Vostro 1500

eptls

The sleep option is terrible anyhow. Locks up alot of computers. I do not recommend using the "sleep" feature at all.

Allow me to append that comment , as I use sleep on the mac every night , it's never not woken up within a fraction of a second. Of course it has to connect to the network, but after typing in the pass , it's on.

Allow me to append that comment , as I use sleep on the mac every night , it's never not woken up within a fraction of a second. Of course it has to connect to the network, but after typing in the pass , it's on.

Ive personally never had a box or laptop that responded well to the "sleep" or "hibernate" feature. Sleep works better than hibernate mind you , but after about a week of uptime it crashes / freezes the box. I've never used it much. kudos if it works for your mac , but on windows its terrible.

Ive personally never had a box or laptop that responded well to the "sleep" or "hibernate" feature. Sleep works better than hibernate mind you , but after about a week of uptime it crashes / freezes the box. I've never used it much. kudos if it works for your mac , but on windows its terrible.

I agree , most windows machines have some sort of issue with the sleep feature, especially hibernate . I remember fighting with the auto sleep or hibernate feature on a DX266-xl running ME and 8 MB EDO ..... arrgh !!!

Hell, just closing the lid of a laptop at times can render the machine bricked until manually rebooted and even then lol

I'm sure it has something to do with the means and differences between the procedures and location devised to save the current running apps, threads what have you that makes the difference. With ME it was a ghost chase at every turn anyhow.