Why Ie6 Shouldnt Be Retired

Dude111

http://www.dedoimedo.com/computers/internet-explorer-6-retire.html

EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!

The problem is with Web developers, not the browser

Indeed!!!

People are so lazy and want to do the quickest job they can and it results in GARBAGE!!

Web design has gone WAY DOWN THE TUBES and its just sad...... TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE YOUR SITE LOOK GOOD!!!!!

Way too many ppl have lost thier sense of 'WHATS GOOD' and its very sad.......

EXCELLENT,EXCELLENT ARTICLE!!!!!!

Nice article. I agree with allot of it. You can't expect 100% compliancy with even 1% of websites however. It's just the nature of the beast. A Google rep was quoted saying that if Google kicked all the non-compliant sites out of their results they would no longer have a search engine.

Programmers should strive for compliance but in the same token the end user shouldn't be bothered with an error if they don't need to be.... the new browsers are supressing errors and correcting if possible. IMO... doing things in that fashion may make some programmers lazy... BUT does it get product to market faster? Sure does... so, doesn't that in turn push for faster development of the internet. Sure as hell does.

Really, your choice. An IE6 world were development may take 6 extra months... OR get your new shit today. What the hell is the difference on your end? Same thing... "oh no... the browser edited a character that was out of place silently instead of throwing an error in my face... Man, I sure do miss all those errors I got in the mid 2000's when MS was unchallenged. Screw all this progress we've made........" that's kinda what I got from that article.

I've been programming for nearly 20 years... and I'm 29 now. So that's the coder perspective on the subject.

-D

(Sorry for the formatting.. on my phone and lazy.... remember, the new movement for us programmers is to be lazy... lol.)

Eventually everything must by nature come to a nominal head. That is what were all working towards right ? for apps , platforms , render to " look " the same on every machine , with the functionality written to be had by all.

One massive obedient datacenter serving the entire world net, that handle the application ( notice i said non plural application ) as well as contain the database, with hundreds of " nodes " that cache and transmit/ receive content.

You can come to this conclusion if you look at the way todays individual datacenters handle themselves. So anything written will be compliant with the main DC and that architecture , full stop.

The problem is with Web developers, not the browser

I'm just going to come out and say it. That statement. Is completely fucking bull shit. And the guy who wrote this article should shoot him self in the face with a .45.

If Web developers adhered to W3C standards, there would be no need for any retiring any browser.

Even if web developers adhered to the W3C standard you would still have a fucked up looking website in IE6. It would actually be messed up looking in IE7 and IE8 too.

IE6 doesn't adhered to proper standards, it adheres to the Microsoft standard which is wrong.

I'm a pretty damn good web designer, CA3LE can back that up :twisted: just gotta look at the latest design for one of my sites. If I build something correctly, it will work and look correctly with no problems in FireFox, Chrome, Safari, Opera, IE9, and 50% of the time in IE8. I open it in IE6 and forget about it, I need to build a CSS fix file and chop it up.

This has nothing to do with lazy programers. It has to do with a shitty browser. I can not build a modern website in IE6. IE6 doesn't support CSS3, or any HTML5 and modern Javascript is so sluggish in it, it becomes unusable.

There is a reason why Google doesn't support IE6 anymore. There is a reason why I dropped support for IE6.

Web design has gone WAY DOWN THE TUBES and its just sad...... TAKE THE EXTRA TIME TO MAKE YOUR SITE LOOK GOOD!!!!!

The reason web design has gone way down the tubes is because you have a bunch stupid people who all of a sudden think they can design a real website because they could design a myspace profile. The problem with that is (and this has nothing to do with a browser) people have shitty design skills.

Proper design is a skill and something that takes a very long time to learn, most people can never learn it.

Really, your choice. An IE6 world were development may take 6 extra months... OR get your new shit today. What the hell is the difference on your end? Same thing... "oh no... the browser edited a character that was out of place silently instead of throwing an error in my face... Man, I sure do miss all those errors I got in the mid 2000's when MS was unchallenged. Screw all this progress we've made........" that's kinda what I got from that article.

Use the Inspector and you will get a hell of a lot more information then you ever did from those stupid error messages.