Automated Testing

Corley

I've been searching, but I can't seem to find how to set up to run a speed test every hour or so, and log the results. I need to gather statistics to show my provider what a crappy connection they are giving me. I pay for a 7MB service, but it usually tests around 1.3mb download. The provider is Qwest, and their customer support really sucks!

Corley

Hi Corley, Welcome to testmy.net

To start the scheduled speed test , " hover " over the tab " speedtests " then you'll see the various options. At the bottom is the scheduled speed test tab >

post-9745-0-90509100-1303905405_thumb.pn

Once you reach the scheduled speed test page , you'll be presented with the test interval options , adjust these setting with the " test interval " tab >

post-9745-0-34038200-1303905430_thumb.pn

You can then simply allow the test to run. Reduce the tab on your browser the test is running and continue working.

Mudmanc4,

I did exactly as you said, but the test does not continue to run after running just once. After that first run, it stays on the results screen for a while, but eventually goes back to the activation page on it's own, and there are not any further tests run automatically at all. If I go to my stats, I see the one initial run, but nothing more after that. I'm sure I'm just doing something wrong, but ??? Can you help? The automated action I'm seeing is to return me to the activation screen, but not actually run the test. I am running XP with IE 8. I will next try it with Firefox and Chrome to see if one of those makes a difference. Still, if you have an answer, I'd sure appreciate knowing what is happening or what I'm doing wrong...

Thank in advance,

Corley

Well... that was a weird bug. Had nothing to do with the scheduled test.... I fixed it though.

The top portion of that should look something like this now...

post-2-0-47814100-1303930036_thumb.png

Thank you for reporting that, it was actually a pretty nasty bug that could have caused problems with other parts of the site.

I set the test for 30 min , the upload went into a loop I had to cancel it manually.

Went into a loop? It's supposed to run a loop of sorts... the SmarTest is ran...

vH93ChP.Ex5G2Fp.png

My results from the first test, I have the auto test set to 30 minutes, I'll post my results in a few hours.

-D

Okay... I fixed the issue. Give it a try now ;)

You'll know that your in good shape if you start the auto test and the url in your browser looks similar to...

post-2-0-53113000-1304155594_thumb.png

The ?r_time=____ was missing before, this has been corrected. I recently updated that script and accidentally left the form method as post instead of get... D'oh!