peeking in

VanBuren

Hello old friends! I thought I would peek in and say hello, I can see that it happens a lot here on the forum, nicely done looks really nice!

Too many things been going on in my life, divorce last spring after 9 years off marriage and 15 years together, and then try to make things work with children and renovating the house simultaneously. Now we have joint custody and it works well, As I said, I still live in the house and the kids stay with me every two weeks and is happy about it. Have recently met a new girl and hope to find happiness again, even though it is a little different at my age and when you have children that always comes first.

I hope that my Cablenut settings are still used, perhaps there are those who tuned them for the better too! Have not checked out the Win7 yet, still running on Vista but may upgrade soon. Have not searched, but someone might know if there are ways to tune Win7 also? Have a nice day, im off to bed now haha! Damn work tomorrow: P

Take care

Regards

HO-LY--COW! :shocked:

Finally... geeze man, where have you been? I'm sorry to hear about the divorce.

I understand, people get busy... lots of the original members of this site still visit frequently but have too many things going on to post here as often as they once did. Some have started and finished college then gone on to work in their respective fields. So many brilliant minds... I couldn't expect that they'd answer questions on my site for their whole lives.

... Uh, yeah.. between all your Cablenut guides and related articles you posted... you have to have at least a million reads on your topics. The only topics more popular here that I know about are Off Topic threads.

Glad to see you're still visiting. I hope that you decide to participate again, you have ALLOT of fans out there ya know. ;)

- Damon

damn van, good to see you again. sorry to hear about the divorce man, that sucks... It happens every day and its sad to see , but shit changes with people & relationships... People get too complacent & comfortable than eventually bored.. I feel you man. Hope all goes well and good luck on the new girl!

You know , I dare to be there are thousands , and I mean literally thousands of links and discussions concerning "VanBuren cablenut settings" out there. Poeple even ask " where are those VanBuren cablenut settings , I needed to redo my machine and .... "

People say " 7 " self adjusts, since I personally only use it so I can work on others when needed , I can't vouch , but I have to say , if there were a few tweaks to be had , they'd get eaten up by many.

You know , I dare to be there are thousands , and I mean literally thousands of links and discussions concerning "VanBuren cablenut settings" out there. Poeple even ask " where are those VanBuren cablenut settings , I needed to redo my machine and .... "

People say " 7 " self adjusts, since I personally only use it so I can work on others when needed , I can't vouch , but I have to say , if there were a few tweaks to be had , they'd get eaten up by many.

For sure... all and all his threads have at least a million views, someone had to be linking to them :-P

Windows 7 is much better at setting connections up automatically now, for sure. But I still recommend trashing IE in favor of firefox or chrome.

For sure... all and all his threads have at least a million views, someone had to be linking to them :-P

Windows 7 is much better at setting connections up automatically now, for sure. But I still recommend trashing IE in favor of firefox or chrome.

I never could get over firefoxes slower speeds to get to the rest. And I am still waiting for chrome to work it all out. IMO of course. :cheesy:

Thanks guys :thumbsup: It´s great to know that many of my old tmn frieds is still here even tho its like Damon said, things happens in peoples life so the time and energy to answer questions or making guides is not there. Right now i put my energy on my new girlfriend, she also have joint custody of one kid every two weeks, a boy 8 years old same age as my daughter, my son is 13 now, dern years passing by lol

I will try to peek in more often, right now i wish it was more then 24h/ day haha!

Tweak on!!!

VanBuren :)

• 1 year later...

How did I miss Van's post in May?

Sorry to hear about the divorce... yeah, time does pass quickly. My Son turns 13 in March! Crazyness!

Hey Ninja! Been a while, glad to see you. So Guild Wars stole you away from us huh? Must be awesome, I'm not allowed to touch any life stealing games anymore... I learned my lesson with WoW. :-P --- One character of mine had like 200 days of gameplay and I had a few top level, fully epic ass whoopers. It wasn't easy to pull myself away. But when it started to invade my dreams that was it, I had to pull the plug... NOBODY messes with my dreams! :evil6:

Sorry to hear about the divorce... yeah, time does pass quickly. My Son turns 13 in March! Crazyness!

Hey Ninja! Been a while, glad to see you. So Guild Wars stole you away from us huh? Must be awesome, I'm not allowed to touch any life stealing games anymore... I learned my lesson with WoW. :razz: --- One character of mine had like 200 days of gameplay and I had a few top level, fully epic ass whoopers. It wasn't easy to pull myself away. But when it started to invade my dreams that was it, I had to pull the plug... NOBODY messes with my dreams! :evil6:

i used to be the same way my main character had like 294 days played.. when i quit i was playing for 14 hours a day in a top tier raiding guild >.<

i used to be the same way my main character had like 294 days played.. when i quit i was playing for 14 hours a day in a top tier raiding guild >.<

You know you've got a problem when your guild has Naxxramas on farm status. :-P ... actually, you know you have a problem when your in a guild in the first place. LOL

Sweet thing about Guild Wars 2, NO monthly fee!! Yea its REALLY taken to much of my time of late. O well, I THIS close to being the top level of 80!! I got in with a group that fought a level 80 dragon while I was a level 65 at the time. WOW!!! It was a HUGE fight. Took about a hour to kill it.

True story half way through the fight. I really really had to go pee. So I let myself die, everyone kept reviving me. I was laughing, Screaming at my screen to stop saving me. GF got such a laugh.Well its off to the fights again for me. About ready to hit the level 80 Island. This should be fun.

Edited by ninjageek

HO-LY--COW! :shocked:

Finally... geeze man, where have you been? I'm sorry to hear about the divorce.

I understand, people get busy... lots of the original members of this site still visit frequently but have too many things going on to post here as often as they once did. Some have started and finished college then gone on to work in their respective fields. So many brilliant minds... I couldn't expect that they'd answer questions on my site for their whole lives.

... Uh, yeah.. between all your Cablenut guides and related articles you posted... you have to have at least a million reads on your topics. The only topics more popular here that I know about are Off Topic threads.

Glad to see you're still visiting. I hope that you decide to participate again, you have ALLOT of fans out there ya know. wink.gif

- Damon

For sure... all and all his threads have at least a million views, someone had to be linking to them :razz:

Hey Ninja! Been a while, glad to see you. So Guild Wars stole you away from us huh? Must be awesome, I'm not allowed to touch any life stealing games anymore... I learned my lesson with WoW. :razz: --- One character of mine had like 200 days of gameplay and I had a few top level, fully epic ass whoopers. It wasn't easy to pull myself away. But when it started to invade my dreams that was it, I had to pull the plug... NOBODY messes with my dreams! :evil6:

as you can see you didn't miss his post in may :-P

what were you doing??... just trolling around and found this thread and decided to "bump" it??...read the rules...there's a rule against that mr ca3le sir

or did you just mean his very last post?

as you can see you didn't miss his post in may :razz:

what were you doing??... just trolling around and found this thread and decided to "bump" it??...read the rules...there's a rule against that mr ca3le sir

or did you just mean his very last post?

I meant his last post... I didn't bump it. Muddy did... those rules need to be revised anyways. That rule was in place because people were bumping topics just to keep them alive... in some cases typing "ping" or "bump" --- if you truly reply then that rule doesn't apply. If we didn't want replies, then the topics would get locked.... what we don't want is people purposely pinging a topic to keep it active. If it adds no value to the conversation then it's against the rules. :wink: --- plus, do you really think any of those rules apply to me. HAHAHA :razz: j/k --- I need to remove and revise some of those rules when I get time. Condense them into what matters TODAY.

... by yeah, I was only looking at the bottom of the thread... I should have scrolled up to see my previous reply. D'OH!

hello ppl :wave: im just peeking in. damn years move fast after getting married and having kids. i do come here once in a great while to do testing. when you're trucking all night, its hard to do stuff especially sleep when the neighbors are hammer, mowing,etc. :tard:

btw i see ALOT of non common sense ppl driving road very dangerous (text and drive major one)

hello ppl :wave: im just peeking in. damn years move fast after getting married and having kids. i do come here once in a great while to do testing. when you're trucking all night, its hard to do stuff especially sleep when the neighbors are hammer, mowing,etc. :tard:

btw i see ALOT of non common sense ppl driving road very dangerous (text and drive major one)

Nice to see you... it's been a while. Yeah, people need to put down the damn phones while they're driving. Seriously people... can't it wait for a stop light or better yet once the car is in park. It only takes a second to accidentally kill someone just because you had to update your effen facebook status to "Driving to Mc Donal...." SMASH! -- Many states are starting to subpoena phone records if they suspect that a cell phone was the cause of the accident. I think here in AZ it's become standard procedure for all major accidents. GOOD! And if someone dies.. and the state has a law against texting/talking on the phone while driving... I think that the person responsible should be treated the same as if they were DUI. Prison time. It's common sense that you can't pay attention to the road while typing... or reading. The people doing this, causing fatalities, need to be made an example of. Plus, even if you don't kill someone, you look like a jackass on the road. I see someone swerving all over and I go, "CELLPHONE." drive up next to them and 8 times out of 10 it's a lady on a cell phone... the 9th time it's a guy... and the 10th time it's a drunk person. It's a big problem everywhere right now.

I meant his last post... I didn't bump it. Muddy did... those rules need to be revised anyways. That rule was in place because people were bumping topics just to keep them alive... in some cases typing "ping" or "bump" --- if you truly reply then that rule doesn't apply. If we didn't want replies, then the topics would get locked.... what we don't want is people purposely pinging a topic to keep it active. If it adds no value to the conversation then it's against the rules. :wink: --- plus, do you really think any of those rules apply to me. HAHAHA :razz: j/k --- I need to remove and revise some of those rules when I get time. Condense them into what matters TODAY.

... by yeah, I was only looking at the bottom of the thread... I should have scrolled up to see my previous reply. D'OH!

yes dear...it was a joke...

**bump**

You can sure tell looking at forums like this, that windows 7, is one thing microsoft did right.. Well behaved, and Not to many problems. not like Xp used to be. I sure don't miss windows XP. Man the hours I spent fixing that thing for myself and others.

Now, People have issues, I tell them Install widows 7, call it a day. As well, I guess I am not the net tweeek freak I once was. Conections are so fast, tweaking Windows 7 is not gonna improve your speeds that much. So, I don't do it anymore. I keep my system clean, backed up, and worst comes to worst, I will reinstall windows 7, Does not take that long, not that big of deal.

I have 3 Legit copies of Windows 7, and Will NOT be going with windows 8. No desire to have a Ipone on my desk top. Im old and stuck in my ways.