Legacy NIC Card(s)

nanobot

So I found some of these legacy NIC cards, and I was wondering if anyone could tell me what they are.

According to the sticker on one of them, it was manufactured by RACORE Computer Products, INC.

I have 11 of them, 5 Small ones (A8118 Rev. C) and 6 Large ones (A8118 Rev. D/E).

If anyone could point me to more information on ANY of them, that would be great. I would love to know where I could possibly get a couple computers to run them, and a few fiber cables for them. (They are Fiber NIC's btw, my guess is FDDI or Token Ring.)

Edit: After a quick search I have found that the MAC Addresses all belong to AMD.

Thanks,

EBrown

post-8532-0-57256500-1306274480_thumb.jp

post-8532-0-10023500-1306274489_thumb.jp

post-8532-0-45060200-1306274497_thumb.jp

post-8532-0-79503400-1306274561_thumb.jp

Ill tell ya what they are. Useless....

Put your time into other things. Its technology that isn't used anymore and probably would take you for ever to find drivers let alone an OS that it will work on.

... before your time... I don't think you were born when that type of expansion card was on the market. :-P

I'm pretty sure that's an ISA expansion card... maybe MSA

I'm pretty sure someone was using ISA when he was maybe 6 :2funny:

... before your time... I don't think you were born when that type of expansion card was on the market. :-P

I'm pretty sure that's an ISA expansion card... maybe MSA

They're not ISA, I know that much. MSA they might be.

Ill tell ya what they are. Useless....

Put your time into other things. Its technology that isn't used anymore and probably would take you for ever to find drivers let alone an OS that it will work on.

I'm pretty sure someone was using ISA when he was maybe 6 :2funny:

It's just a history thing, I was wondering if anyone knew anything. I really have no plan to use them, most likely stick them on EBay...

Thanks,

EBrown

Hey , keep those things if you have the room to. Just because it's not used abroad anymore , does not mean you can't utilize them for a project. Drivers for them are readily available so long as you aren't running any OS that came out in the last generation of pretty OS's.

They're not ISA, I know that much. MSA they might be.

There is an easy way to tell. If there are 2 breaks in the connector then its MSA. It kinda looks like there is in one picture, but then not really in the other.

It's just a history thing, I was wondering if anyone knew anything. I really have no plan to use them, most likely stick them on EBay...

Thanks,

EBrown

Be sure to post what you get for them on EBay because I have a ton of old crap and if it sells for more then it costs to ship I'm all in.

There is an easy way to tell. If there are 2 breaks in the connector then its MSA. It kinda looks like there is in one picture, but then not really in the other.

Be sure to post what you get for them on EBay because I have a ton of old crap and if it sells for more then it costs to ship I'm all in.

Yeah, it has two breaks in it, so it must be the MSA one. I also found two old PCI NIC's here, with a RJ-45 and a BNC connector. (Each card has both connectors.)

I'll be sure to let you know what I get for them on EBay. (Always useful having that information to gauge anything else.)

Thanks,

EBrown

post-8532-0-63996700-1306358603_thumb.jp

post-8532-0-80518800-1306358615_thumb.jp

Ill tell ya what they are. Useless.... Put your time into other things. Its technology that isn't used anymore and probably would take you for ever to find drivers let alone an OS that it will work on. I'm pretty sure someone was using ISA when he was maybe 6 :2funny:

They're not ISA, I know that much. MSA they might be.It's just a history thing, I was wondering if anyone knew anything. I really have no plan to use them, most likely stick them on EBay...Thanks,EBrown

Just cause something is obsolete doesn't always make it a piece of shit

I'm running everything off a 1984 TI-99/4A

post-2-0-73074700-1306365377_thumb.jpg

And when I need something that can handle more graphics I bust out the 1982 Commodore Vic 20... TRUE gaming experience

post-2-0-72710100-1306365588_thumb.jpg

it's a little older but the graphics are insane, look what I just rendered with it...

post-2-0-78079700-1306365626_thumb.jpg

See... old hardware can still be really useful. You just have to hack it...

(that joke was pretty elaborate)

Seriously though, not useful... at all. But still cool to have a piece of computer history. Although, with how fast things move... all electronics are computer history really.

Just cause something is obsolete doesn't always make it a piece of shit

You know you almost had me going there for a second. Till I read your second line.

BTW. off topic a little. I noticed some PHP processes there on your server. Curious, are you running the PHP handler as SUPHP? or like CGI?

If its SUPHP did you do anything special with the config? I can't get the server load down when running PHP in SUPHP.

You know you almost had me going there for a second. Till I read your second line.

BTW. off topic a little. I noticed some PHP processes there on your server. Curious, are you running the PHP handler as SUPHP? or like CGI?

If its SUPHP did you do anything special with the config? I can't get the server load down when running PHP in SUPHP.

Yeah, I run SUPHP. I haven't really seen a problem with server load because of that though. No custom config or anything.