Pegging at 10mb in Windows

I'm not sure when this started, I'd have to guess around a month ago.

I'm seeing tests peg right at 10mb on all three of my XP machines.

- Browser doesn't seem to matter (FF4, Chrome, Opera, IE)

- I don't think it's network (MTU, rwin) related because flash based tests are still ok. (FTP transfers are fine too)

- All three dual boot linux. In linux testmy.net works fine.

- There is nothing in common between the 3 XP installs as far as anti-virus/spyware or AV software.

I'm stumpped.

Perhaps you could put a large dummy file on the server I could D/L and watch speed. That could eliminate the actual test mechanism.

[edit]

Forgot to add: I can open two browsers, and run two tests simultaneously and both come back right at 10mb.

Well I'm totally flippin' embarrassed!

I know I tweaked my settings a long time ago.

I let that and the good flash test results convince me it couldn't be rwin related. :)

I guess in hindsight all the flash based tests I was running to were closer so rwin didn't matter as much.

<sigh> Feel free to delete my retarded post since it's not a bug. :D

Well I'm totally flippin' embarrassed!

I know I tweaked my settings a long time ago.

I let that and the good flash test results convince me it couldn't be rwin related. :)

I guess in hindsight all the flash based tests I was running to were closer so rwin didn't matter as much.

<sigh> Feel free to delete my retarded post since it's not a bug. :D

I had a feeling. Yeah... flash based tests don't detect that at all, very common problem. I think people are starting to realize how inaccurate flash tests are.

This post is still a great addition to the forums. It may spark an "AH HA!" moment in a future visitor and help them with the same problem. ;) -- Although, I've moved it to a more appropriate forum.

I'm glad it was an easy fix for you, please tell your friends about the site. ;)

-CA3LE

• 6 months later...