Windows Phone 7 Mango

AlucardHS

I like some of the things they are doing with Win Phone 7, but somethings that are done are just like why? and it's just very wasteful of screen real-estate.

As for there little new features video the I hate when they show off something new (IE9 on the phone) and use a test they built to show off how fast it is. Of course your browser is going to be the fastest you built the damn test. They should just have used a standard test.

And great they added IE9 OHHHHH AHHHHH... So my sites can look just as crappy as they do on the desktop browser because they don't support some basic CSS3 and HTML5 features such as Gradients, Text-Shadow, User-Select and a bunch of others.

I hate when they show off something new (IE9 on the phone) and use a test they built to show off how fast it is. Of course your browser is going to be the fastest you built the damn test. They should just have used a standard test.

prove it wrong and post the results here !

prove it wrong and post the results here !

Prove what wrong? They built there own test and it was the fastest at their own test. They did the same thing with IE9 on Windows 7. Guess what IE9 isn't the fast HTML5 browser as they said it was with there little demos.

In the real world. IE9 is still a piss poor browser wether its on a desktop or phone.

Prove what wrong? They built there own test and it was the fastest at their own test. They did the same thing with IE9 on Windows 7. Guess what IE9 isn't the fast HTML5 browser as they said it was with there little demos.

In the real world. IE9 is still a piss poor browser wether its on a desktop or phone.

Soo what your telling me is that Apple doesn't have there own HTML 5 rendering test page? Giving they said FU to Adobe and going HTML 5 they would at least show how there own products test on it. And you don't have anything else to go by other then telling me this test is all one sided?

Simply put you cant prove anything...can you?

Dude I don't want to know about all the Labor-pain ok... Just show me the baby !!!

Soo what your telling me is that Apple doesn't have there own HTML 5 rendering test page?

Yep. Every time they have shown benchmarks of there browser they have used standard tests like sunspider. They also just go to websites and load pages.

Thats a real world test. Using some stupid test that Microsoft wrote to show how fast there browser is, doesn't actually tell me how fast there browser is. It doesn't help me or anyone in any way when building an HTML application.

Oh and Google shows there browser off the same way as Apple they don't have to build there own stupid HTML5 app to show how FPS the browser is getting.

Giving they said FU to Adobe and going HTML 5 they would at least show how there own products test on it. And you don't have anything else to go by other then telling me this test is all one sided?

Simply put you cant prove anything...can you?

There is nothing to fucking prove. It's a fact the test is one sided. They built there own test. That makes it one sided. Using real world tests, and they are not the fastest, using there own test they are. What a surprise...

There is a reason why the built there own test. They have to. If they don't use there own tests they don't score first place because in all reality IE9 is a POS browser, it has very poor real world javascript performance.

dude you still still crying Labor-pain i only asked for you to show me the baby.

Unless you can show me some HTML code some where that give IE9 the head jump, your thoughts are just theory's on the vast internet.

I mean really if you don't like anything about my WP7 post then don't reply simple as that. If you are going to bash me every time i make a WP7 topic at least have something to back you up. I want real hard proof of your argument or anyone's for that fact, or your just talking shit out the ass. I don't bite more then i can chew i know my limits where i stand. If this forum going to be like this every topic I'm just going to let y'all say what y'all want and ill just talk to those who truly are interested.

This is not the debate section last i checked, yes you are entitled to your opinion but if your going to be an ass about it why post at all.

Seems if its not a damn Mac or Droid its shit in this place. Now that's being one sided and there is plenty of proof here to go by.

Now to those who really are interested in this new OS lets continue. To those who are not interested to learn new alternatives you can stay or hit Alt+F4 to get free money in your account now.

Oh and I almost forgot, never in here I said IE9 was the shit!

There are sixty-three Mango features that Microsoft has announced, and an additional twenty that were once just rumors, only to later have Microsoft confirm them.

1. SkyDrive support (including shared folders)

2. Internet Explorer 9

3. HTML5

4. Hardware acceleration

5. Multitasking

6. Task-switcher

7. Twitter integration

8. Xbox LIVE Avatar accessories

9. Kinect integration

10. Skype

11. Application jump list

12. Application search

13. Redesigned Marketplace

14. Improved Marketplace search results

15. Streamlined app installation

16. Over-the-air podcasts

17. Silverlight + XNA

18. Improved panorama and pivot controls

19. TCP/IP sockets

20. SQL CE database

21. Live Agents

22. Deep Links

23. Multiple live tiles per app

24. Gyro

25. Motion Sensor

26. Instant-resume for apps

27. Power management

28. Parental controls (including M-rated titles)

29. Custom ringtones

30. Background audio

31. File download service

32. Alarm notifications

33. Redesigned Games hub

34. Silverlight 4

35. Beta/private publishing on the Marketplace

36. Pinnable email folders

37. Email conversation view

38. Server search

39. Lync

40. Complex (alpha-numeric) passwords

41. Information Rights Management

42. Hidden Wi-Fi networks

43. App Connect (formerly Search Extras)

44. Quick Cards

45. Local Scout

46. Indoor maps

47. Photo translation

48. Image search

49. Improved virtual keyboard

50. Contact communication history

51. LinkedIn integration

52. Notifications

53. Calendar integration with Facebook Events

54. Facial recognition

55. Updated mobile versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote

56. Single track repeat

57. Improved drop-down media controls

58. Playback controls on the lock screen

59. Favorite places

60. Web Marketplace

61. Multiple file formats on SkyDrive, including PDF

62. Instant access to Bing under device lock

63. Emoticons

1. Location check-ins

2. Photosynth (possibly as an app)

3. Windows Live Messenger / Facebook Chat

4. Bing Vision

5. Bing Audio

6. Auditory turn-by-turn navigation

7. SMS dictation

8. Threads

9. Colored tiles for Office documents

10. Support for East Asian languages

11. Visual voicemail

12. Office 365 support

13. Groups

14. Artist imagery on lock screen

15. Redesigned Music + Videos hub

16. Smart DJ

17. Playlist management

18. Enable/disable camera sound

19. Linked Inbox

20. Multiple calendars for Windows Live accounts

While we haven't officially heard about these one way or the other, some rumors point to the following six additions making the cut.

1. NFC Support

2. Mobile Studio

3. Facebook video uploads

4. AOL Instant Messenger (AIM)

5. Multiple calendars for non-Windows Live accounts

6. Support for Wi-Fi Hotspots

Edit: plus 3 new OEM's Acer, Fujitsu Ltd. and ZTE. With Nokia releasing a Mango WP7 this year. Also it seems Dev's will be getting Mango before the public in about 4 weeks or so.