DeWALT makes computer cases now?

AlucardHS

AMF tried to make motorcycles for a while too. Like that worked. Personally DeWalt does not make that good of tools anyway ................... ok maybe for the occassional homeowner's usage.

im not much of a tool junky but if i was to buy any it would be Craftsman or anything to get the job done right.

Damn nice find Alucard!

Thanks,

EBrown

if newegg never covered my screen telling me to look at this

then i never would have found or pay any attention to it at all

Sweet case. Just not sure if I myself would go with it. Its just to open. Unless it runs all the time, I think it would be a Huge dust magnet. As well, To open to moisture. I am NOT giving you crap. Just playing Devil's Advocate. Maybe Im to old. To cautious. Just IMHO I want more protection for the Inside of my computer. I would be so upset, To build it, Spend the cash, Then Moisture from either the air, or some other means would fry my mother board. Or as it sits, Dust build up. Not being sure the fans would remove the dust it collected while Idle.

Again imho cpu's have about maxed out there speeds. ITs getting close. Sure you can add more cores, But the cpu can only run so fast until you have to get into liquid cooling. Just can not see it as cost effective for companies to make chips that require liquid cooling. Sure Major geeks would use them. But most average user's would avoid them. Again imho, While not sure what the max end of a cpu speed can be, Considering they are now branching off into multi core CPU's, It appears the Manufacture's are starting to shy away from upping the speeds. Much more speed and the Little Chips would get to hot.

I THINK, I saw a cpu and 4 Ghz that needed Liquid Nitrogen to run.

Looks useful, I could do w/o the yellow though.

Yeah, the yellow throws me off a little bit.

Thanks,

EBrown

these are my only color choices

lanboyair_Yquarter1.jpg

lanboyair_Rquarter1.jpg

lanboyair_Bquarter1.jpg

Sweet case. Just not sure if I myself would go with it. Its just to open. Unless it runs all the time, I think it would be a Huge dust magnet. As well, To open to moisture. I am NOT giving you crap. Just playing Devil's Advocate. Maybe Im to old. To cautious. Just IMHO I want more protection for the Inside of my computer. I would be so upset, To build it, Spend the cash, Then Moisture from either the air, or some other means would fry my mother board. Or as it sits, Dust build up. Not being sure the fans would remove the dust it collected while Idle.

Again imho cpu's have about maxed out there speeds. ITs getting close. Sure you can add more cores, But the cpu can only run so fast until you have to get into liquid cooling. Just can not see it as cost effective for companies to make chips that require liquid cooling. Sure Major geeks would use them. But most average user's would avoid them. Again imho, While not sure what the max end of a cpu speed can be, Considering they are now branching off into multi core CPU's, It appears the Manufacture's are starting to shy away from upping the speeds. Much more speed and the Little Chips would get to hot.

if i put Liquid Nitro on a Sandy Bridge i could prolly reach um lets say 10Ghz. that's just a figure number. seeing how the chip can hit 5Ghz on air just fine.

as for dust and moister; dust i have some tricks for but moister i don't, yet. unless i get a dehumidifier i dunno

<-------->

I'm hearing you on the open, but I think your logic is a bit off. If it were up to me to design a case, it would most definitively be the server rack form. Open and controlled air flow. Either way you move fresh air over the components, still the same air see ? Humidity or dust the same.

I like to think I keep my mini datacenter clean, connected through the ductwork of the furnace and a secondary filter on the dataroom side worked wonders to keep dust to a minimum.With a temperature bulb to kick the blower on at any given set limit, But, I just moved everything, and before doing so , I opened every server and tower to blow out anything collected with high pressure. There was a bit more then i expected even with the extra filtering.

Point is, unless you have a very real clean room, and serious filtration , your getting the same dusty air whether an open system or a closed airflow system.

As far as the CPU clock limits, imo there stuck right now in the middle of utilizing virtual components and applications. Should be interesting to see what direction things go.

• 2 weeks later...

I think it looks cool. As for chip speeds you can not go faster than the speed of light so that will be the limit. I have always wanted a case that was dust free and a liquid cooled.

As for the tool that are liked disliked.... I use dewalt everyday they work great for what I use them for... I like the fact that the battery seem to last a while. The best hand tools for me ( I am a mechanic,or tech however you want to say it) are snap on or mac. Craftsman I have a ton of but I break them all the time! The good thing is the warranty is good on all of those tools!